PDA

View Full Version : odd problem

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
23 Aug 2009, 06:23pm
So i figured out what was causing my big glitch in my map, and i was looking for a lil feed back.

I was using a button on the map to turn off half the lights. There was another button to turn them back on. After i turned them off then back on, and then alt tabbed out of the game and worked in not pad, when i returned the fps had taken a major hit, and the dynamic lighting bar was maxed out. Restarting my map is the only fix.

Now i know this seems like it would not hurt actual server play, and may just be a problem with my own pc, i dont know. I really wanted to get some feed back just in case i was using lights in a stupid way, and make sure that it didnt lead to actual lag in game.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers this obscure post. If no one answers then ill just consider my problem fixed.

Bob Loblaw
23 Aug 2009, 08:14pm
Try turning it to firing once only. I rememver I had a logic timer one time that had outputs firing, and with a nonexistent refire time and not set to fire once only I realized why it started lagging as seconds went by was because it was firing the output over and over and over at an extremely rapid rate. Mine was a color thing, so it was basically turning a buton green hundreds or more times a minute, even though it was already green.

Yours might be the same thing. Just give it a shot, not sure about a button because it needs to be fired more than once, but maybe when it comes back it can be pushed again. just give it a shot.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
23 Aug 2009, 09:38pm
great thanks for the feed back, i will do that and see if it helps. either way thats a very useful thing to know.