PDA

View Full Version : Best Class in CoH

GrayFox
22 Aug 2009, 11:15am
I was wondering what the general opinion was for the best class in Company of Heroes. Obviously they all have different playing styles, but I'd like to hear you opinion.

From what I've noticed, the Wehrmacht takes a long time to get going and requires a ton of supplies but once its started its very powerful with such uses as the King Tiger.

Dracula
22 Aug 2009, 11:36am
Wehrmacht when im feeling tactical and Panzer Eliet when I feel like rolling.

Dimitry
22 Aug 2009, 03:15pm
British For the arty and Americans for the Offensive >:D

Lux
22 Aug 2009, 03:23pm
I don't like the Wehrmacht because as you said, they do take quite a bit of time to get going I feel like I'm being carried until I get into the 3rd stage.

Panzer is nice for support and early rolling as Drac said. Getting the cars out fast is the main plan, once you get past that though they are basically support via anti tank and anti infantry.

For the allies....Brits are quite an all round class. The emplacements and trenches allow them to defend well not to mention the artillery power and the tanks can be useful if used quickly but they do lack later on, and the infantry are quite poor for their cost.

Americans are a cost effective class, and if you are good you can make up for the Shermans not being great through tactics.

I think there is a good balance but I know that I don't like the Americans because they just aren't that good at anything except Rangers.

Farmer Mick
22 Aug 2009, 04:14pm
I don't like the Wehrmacht because as you said, they do take quite a bit of time to get going I feel like I'm being carried until I get into the 3rd stage.

Panzer is nice for support and early rolling as Drac said. Getting the cars out fast is the main plan, once you get past that though they are basically support via anti tank and anti infantry.

For the allies....Brits are quite an all round class. The emplacements and trenches allow them to defend well not to mention the artillery power and the tanks can be useful if used quickly but they do lack later on, and the infantry are quite poor for their cost.

Americans are a cost effective class, and if you are good you can make up for the Shermans not being great through tactics.

I think there is a good balance but I know that I don't like the Americans because they just aren't that good at anything except Rangers.

this

GrayFox
22 Aug 2009, 09:56pm
I don't like the British at all. I feel they are really underpowered, espcially against a quick rolling class like the Panzers. It takes 450 manpower just to get weak Infantry that can't do much of anything. And to bring in the other command trucks also takes a bit of time and supplies.

I'm favoring Americans more because
1) The infantry can use grenades and sticky bombs to combat tanks.
2) Engineers can build everything, no need for different groups.
3) Ability to deploy in any building to gain more troops.

PotshotPolka
23 Aug 2009, 07:43am
You all forget that a teammate covering a Brit for 15 minutes is often a game ender when they have 3+ arty guns on a small maps, especially ones with limited mobility.

We really ought to get another community 4v4 game going every other weekend.

Lux
23 Aug 2009, 09:58am
I agree we should arrange a time for us to gather and get a game going there is enough people in SG who play COH that we should be able to play a 4v4.

Can I just ask that we don't play rubbish custom maps because the only ones that are getting picked is seriously annoying camper maps with like 1 or 2 bridges which are BORING.

GrayFox
23 Aug 2009, 11:17am
I agree we should arrange a time for us to gather and get a game going there is enough people in SG who play COH that we should be able to play a 4v4.

I'm trying to work my way up to being as good as you guys. I keep doing skirmishes, trying to find out a strategy.

Lux
23 Aug 2009, 12:30pm
I'm trying to work my way up to being as good as you guys. I keep doing skirmishes, trying to find out a strategy.

Playing against computers won't help you that much after the basics.

You want to play some low skill pubs or with some of the less skilled people in SG.

Ganzta
23 Aug 2009, 05:27pm

too bad dicks like tcp always bail out at the last moment

The Baltimore Ravens
23 Aug 2009, 06:03pm
Playing against computers won't help you that much after the basics.

You want to play some low skill pubs or with some of the less skilled people in SG.

you could play with me, i suck

Killer
24 Aug 2009, 01:59am
Its soo NAzis sidded when you are america and you only have the first COH when the nazis have the latest they just pwn you

Farmer Mick
24 Aug 2009, 02:01am
Its soo NAzis sidded when you are america and you only have the first COH when the nazis have the latest they just pwn you

what are you saying???

like yourself lux??

sylar
24 Aug 2009, 03:07am
brits seem to have poor anti-infantry and their units arent that good.

there defenses are great and can deal with most things, but their units are useless.

TCP and mick spammed infantry, i couldnt get anything to deal with them.

Tcp-Kill
24 Aug 2009, 03:18am
too bad dicks like tcp always bail out at the last moment

what the fuck are you on about?

PE is the roll class. PE infantry > all infantry

Lux
24 Aug 2009, 06:46am
like yourself lux??

Lol Mick I'm no Blueline but I'm better then you.

Dracula
24 Aug 2009, 10:05am
Killer- Their is no Nazi army and there never has been one.

Variuos Brits are a weak faction people- Its all how you use them they have the STRONGEST starting infantry and some of the most abusive upgrades a.k.a The Homing Piats. Also use less fucking Emplacements and youd do better.

Panzer Eliet Infantry- Are useless untill you upgrade em and that costs a good 40+ fuel which if your opponet was better [especially in 1v1's] you either wouldnt get or youd be spending it on something else.

PotshotPolka
24 Aug 2009, 10:09am
Emplacements are only useful when you have redundant vickers positions. But a nebbelweffer bombardment followed by a Grenadier rush can usually roll any position if done with enough precision. I only like Brits for maps with a well defined open area where the killzone is good enough to prevent such charges.

And anything 3v3+ will benefit from Royal Arty, if the map allows the other two players to throw up defensive action long enough for Priests to start lolrolling.

GrayFox
24 Aug 2009, 10:25am
For the upgrade things, I'm seeing that for Panzers the one with the Fallahjuda (horrible mispell) and Luftwaffe seems to be the best option. Theres not much that can stop one, let alone two Flak 88 cannons on Defense.

For Americans, I find airborne the weakest. Bombing and strafing runs rarely hit much, and the howitzer shots you get from the Infantry division beats them both in my opinion. Not to mention the addition of Rangers, who can help destroy most tanks.

Lux
24 Aug 2009, 10:32am
^ Yes with Americans either you ranger spam with infantry or tank spam with armour.

The Baltimore Ravens
24 Aug 2009, 11:35am
^ Yes with Americans either you ranger spam with infantry or tank spam with armour.

wich is not nice

Dracula
24 Aug 2009, 11:42am
For the upgrade things, I'm seeing that for Panzers the one with the Fallahjuda (horrible mispell) and Luftwaffe seems to be the best option. Theres not much that can stop one, let alone two Flak 88 cannons on Defense.

For Americans, I find airborne the weakest. Bombing and strafing runs rarely hit much, and the howitzer shots you get from the Infantry division beats them both in my opinion. Not to mention the addition of Rangers, who can help destroy most tanks.

2 flak 88's fall quick to infantry with Flamers or nades or any kind of arty. Luftwaffe really comes in later in the game in 1v1's especially since their emplacements cost a good bit of fuel that could be spent elsewhere. I prefer Tank Destroyer or Schorched most of the time.

Airborn is one of the more situational commands you can go, some games it will be useless others youll be very happy you picked it.

Blueline
24 Aug 2009, 11:57am

So wrong. Strafing run is one of the game changing abilities..it can turn the game in your favor for just 150 munitions. Bombing run is fail. Airborne are the best anti tank infantry you can possibly get and dropped AT guns are just good.

PotshotPolka
24 Aug 2009, 05:47pm
If I had to pick a class, not knowing my opponent, map, etc, I would probably default though to Royal Engineers.

Frostbyte
24 Aug 2009, 06:03pm
My decision (faction) usually depends on who Im playing with, and I learned from Avro that picking a tree should be situational.

AndreiD
25 Aug 2009, 02:47am
American Armor, Britt Arty, Wehrmacht Terror and anything from PanzerElite if the other fuckers don't have a shit load of arty or anti infantry.

I remember an old game where I went Panzer Inf and I had a squad with 57 tank kills and one with 142 infantry kills.

PotshotPolka
25 Aug 2009, 08:56am
American Armor, Britt Arty, Wehrmacht Terror and anything from PanzerElite if the other fuckers don't have a shit load of arty or anti infantry.

I remember an old game where I went Panzer Inf and I had a squad with 57 tank kills and one with 142 infantry kills.

I was there. That shit was FUCKED up.

AndreiD
26 Aug 2009, 05:51am
PRO INFANTRY!
I always like to say that my infantry is expendable, but those privates died Callioped like heroes, I saluted their deaths and made 20 more squads to replace them.

PotshotPolka
26 Aug 2009, 10:41am
PRO INFANTRY!
I always like to say that my infantry is expendable, but those privates died Callioped like heroes, I saluted their deaths and made 20 more squads to replace them.

If I remember correctly I think you were sobbing on vent.

Frostbyte
26 Aug 2009, 05:28pm
You could be like Mikey and make nothing but rangers the entire game and then bum rush the middle road.

Lordcrazy
26 Aug 2009, 05:52pm
I like the Americans for the defense and Wehrmacht for the the bigger variety.

Scree :O
8 Sep 2009, 10:15pm
So wrong. Strafing run is one of the game changing abilities..it can turn the game in your favor for just 150 munitions. Bombing run is fail. Airborne are the best anti tank infantry you can possibly get and dropped AT guns are just good.

Strafing run isn't as effective as it used to be but it's still worth the 150 munitions. There was a time when a strafing run could pulverise your infantry force entirely, now, on average, there will be 2 deaths and suppression. Enough to get your forces bombed, mowed, incinerated or mutilated.