PDA

View Full Version : French ban on religious displays

LegalSmash
12 Aug 2009, 03:04pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090812/ap_on_re_eu/eu_france_burquini_banned

France has some interesting policies: Let the muslims inhabit the entire nation, then ban their attire and hope they don't revolt.

Red
12 Aug 2009, 03:41pm
Step in the right direction. Rules are rules. Besides it's france, I go there for the topless bathers.

LegalSmash
12 Aug 2009, 03:46pm
lol.

Why don't they just make a muslim beach and pool, separate but equal ala jim crow if they want separate facilities so badly?

Jewpiter
12 Aug 2009, 04:14pm
I am awaiting another muslim riot in France

Alpha2
12 Aug 2009, 05:23pm
LOL makes you love our freedoms even more.

Eskomo
12 Aug 2009, 05:32pm
Is this a good thing? I can't really tell.

trakaill
12 Aug 2009, 05:51pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090812/ap_on_re_eu/eu_france_burquini_banned

France has some interesting policies: Let the muslims inhabit the entire nation, then ban their attire and hope they don't revolt.

Thats wasnt the case at all....since there was a lot of controversies in school..any religious signs/symbols was banned
from schools (not matter what religion)...now if that dumb bitch is going to go with clothes on in a public pool she shouldnt be surprised she gets booted...Speedos type suits or short shorts are the only thing allowed for males in public pools for hygiene purposes and its been that way since public pools exist in france...women can wear bikinis or or one piece suits..
Surfer shorts arent allowed for the same reasons and that makes american go crazy for some stupid reason...they just just not comfortable with their sexuality and speedo = gay and is offending cause it "shows to much" for some reason in this culture..I never got that we watch the olympics every year and its G rated
I love this country but thats one thing where you guys need to fucking evolves or something.. prudishness is good...americans are often way over the top about it

trakaill
12 Aug 2009, 05:54pm
Why the hell do people care about anything France does?

Sarkozy is just an attention whore.

Right now even Louis XX is probably more preferable to Sarkozy as their head of state.

this is also kind of stupid.. no matter what you think Sarkosy is a lot less to the left than that dumb ass Chirac we had and is actually trying to change things..hopefully for the better so people talk about him..not his fault...as shitty as our govt. is we could have ended up with a lot worst

trakaill
12 Aug 2009, 05:58pm
Politics is irrelevent. Sarkozy is a fucking idiot.

support this and will talk!! Have you had coffee with him to be able to say that...so you know him personally...do you even speak french to be able to judge him..I think not
its the same thing as me typing "havok is a fuckin idiot"...now what..why did I type that where did it comes from..
you cant put politics aside because thats the only thing you know of him...

trakaill
12 Aug 2009, 10:54pm
I do speak French, actually - quite fluently.

Sarkozy is a womanising, idiotic, ill-adivsed, sleazy and ignorant trainwreck of a president.

This ban has nothing to do with him, in fact. French society, being an old country and a republic is actually secular (compared to countries who claim to be). Fortunately they got all their discontent and wars out of the way before they decided monarchies and church having power is actually a pretty bad idea, and so their frame of mind is unreligious. Because of this there is little conservatism in France and so politics from other countries can't particularly apply.

But let me make this clear: Sarkozy doesn't make decisions. Sarkozy spouts his mouth off, causes controversy and occasionally the crap he says is listened to by the people who matter - the rest of the government.

Sarkozy is just a figurehead - and a bad one at that.

the ban was put in place before he was there i know...you heard to many adults talk around you..

Repeat
13 Aug 2009, 06:21am
Surfer shorts arent allowed for the same reasons and that makes american go crazy for some stupid reason...they just just not comfortable with their sexuality and speedo = gay and is offending cause it "shows to much" for some reason in this culture..I never got that we watch the olympics every year and its G rated

First. Surfer shorts are way more comfortable than speedo-brief-esque swim wear. They protect more skin from the sun, and if you're skin is as sensitive as mine is - that's a good thing. I wear surfer shorts not because I'm a homophobic and judgmental person, but because I like them better. I always think it's funny when people confuse preference for persecution.

Second. Not being able to watch the Olympics because they show 'too much' sounds like a probably uniquely your own. Correct me if I'm wrong here, guys and gals, if you're the same way - but I've never heard of it.

Third. Just to be facetious, another reason you probably weren't allowed to watch the Olympics every year is because the swimming ones are only on every four. :-P

Slavic
13 Aug 2009, 09:11am
Third. Just to be facetious, another reason you probably weren't allowed to watch the Olympics every year is because the swimming ones are only on every four. :-P

Before Trak corrects you

I never got that, we watch the olympics every year, and its G rated

Red
13 Aug 2009, 09:16am
If someone wants to open up a private muslims only swimming pool fine. But not a single tax time should go into any pool for muslims only.

Bad Dog
13 Aug 2009, 11:00am
Thats wasnt the case at all....since there was a lot of controversies in school..any religious signs/symbols was banned
from schools (not matter what religion)...now if that dumb bitch is going to go with clothes on in a public pool she shouldnt be surprised she gets booted...Speedos type suits or short shorts are the only thing allowed for males in public pools for hygiene purposes and its been that way since public pools exist in france...women can wear bikinis or or one piece suits..
I love this country but thats one thing where you guys need to fucking evolves or something.. prudishness is good...americans are often way over the top about it

you turned this whole goddamn thread from ban on religious displays to homophobism in the form of not liking speedoes. GG now GTFO. I myself dont really see if this is such a great idea..I mean it does seem a little over the top unless someone can explain why this isnt overthetop..

Omar
13 Aug 2009, 11:06am
LOL AT THE SWIMSUIT, If this was at a pool then I would understand, but if it was at the beach then..... FUCK YOU

I hate speedos btw, They're too tight and i prefer the saggy shit where your balls actually have space to chillax, in speedes they're squished unless you got peanuts for balls.

I had no idea that not liking speedos was homophobic.

LegalSmash
13 Aug 2009, 11:27am
I agree with red on this issue: private pool = private funding. Period.

Speedos are uncomfortable. I've had to wear similar attire under my football pads in high school (coach found some WIERD lower body pad holders) and they were probably the worst thing I've had to wear.

Delirium
13 Aug 2009, 11:42am
The policy bans loose fitting swimwear amirite?

So heres the solution to the muslims problems: LATEX or spandex cant remember

trakaill
13 Aug 2009, 09:34pm
First. Surfer shorts are way more comfortable than speedo-brief-esque swim wear. They protect more skin from the sun, and if you're skin is as sensitive as mine is - that's a good thing. I wear surfer shorts not because I'm a homophobic and judgmental person, but because I like them better. I always think it's funny when people confuse preference for persecution.

Second. Not being able to watch the Olympics because they show 'too much' sounds like a probably uniquely your own. Correct me if I'm wrong here, guys and gals, if you're the same way - but I've never heard of it.

And I agree surfer shorts are more comfortable...and thats what I wear but I know my uncle wanted to go to a public water park or something in a speedo and was told he could not that was in the US
...and countless time I heard french people wear speedos..thats makes them gay...I didnt invent that....

roach coach
14 Aug 2009, 11:34am
I could see why they kicked out those in the "overdressed" swimsuits, the G-string is considered formal wear in France.

Red
14 Aug 2009, 11:37am
I could see why they kicked out those in the "overdressed" swimsuits, the G-string nudity is considered formal wear in France.

Fixed

Delirium
14 Aug 2009, 05:56pm
So they are fine with ones sexuality, Sue them, Maybe if the US was like that we'd have a lower Obeesity rate

Omar
14 Aug 2009, 06:01pm
The policy bans loose fitting swimwear amirite?

So heres the solution to the muslims problems: LATEX or spandex cant remember

:doh:

Do you even know WHY they wear that?

Harpr33t
14 Aug 2009, 06:14pm
good riddance, this is another example where a country shouldnt have to mold its way of life for a group a foreign people that refuse to adjust.

Delirium
14 Aug 2009, 07:48pm
:doh:

Do you even know WHY they wear that?

Yes, for thier religion.

All im saying is that if they still want full body suits then latex is the way to go, or update your religion

Lux
14 Aug 2009, 08:01pm
good riddance, this is another example where a country shouldnt have to mold its way of life for a group a foreign people that refuse to adjust.

Exactly

Slavic
14 Aug 2009, 09:52pm

You are not a foreigner if you are a citizen of your residing country, also democratic countries ALWAYS mold their ways of life based on the fluctuation of people and ideas. That is because in a democracy the will of the people dictate the direction of the country; they are mad to change to the changing population.

Slavic
15 Aug 2009, 10:12pm
This is what we call sparking a revolution.

It's a revolution if the current government throws off its Democratic roots and takes up Nationalistic and social Conservative ideals.

A Democracy in action should in theory be unbiasedly composed of the ideals of its population and create modifiable policies base upon these ideals. Ideals in Democracies constantly change whether it be by grand domestic/world events, changing of paradigms, or the acquisition of new ideals by changing populations. When a Democracy buckles under the influx of new ideals and adopts Conservative standards it is in fact catering to select demographic groups with desired ideals that it wishes to associate the country as a whole to; Nationalism.

If a Democracy becomes too Nationalistic and Conservative; that is when revolutions happen due to the fact that certain demographics are not being properly represented or addressed in the government's policy making, thus creating angst and unrest.

Omar
16 Aug 2009, 09:31am
Yes, for thier religion.

All im saying is that if they still want full body suits then latex is the way to go, or update your religion

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh:

It must be loose fitting, It's to cover the body, wich also means to show the FORM of the body.. The whole point of it is to prevent any kind of sexual attraction, wich means, Latex won't do. And really, the women of islam must've known by now that some shit can just not be done if they wanna fully follow their religion.

Lux
16 Aug 2009, 03:02pm
You are not a foreigner if you are a citizen of your residing country, also democratic countries ALWAYS mold their ways of life based on the fluctuation of people and ideas. That is because in a democracy the will of the people dictate the direction of the country; they are mad to change to the changing population.

I don't want to agree with this (if I've understood it right)

I don't think that the UK should mold it's way of life based on the fluctuation of people and ideas, I think the people should mold their way of life to fit the UK's.

Whatever that would make the UK I would take it.

Foreigners are obviously not citizens of your country, but I think you get an idea of what we mean......People get citizenship in a small amount of years....for me this doesn't make them British at all it just means they can stay here, depending on how dependant they are on the taxpayer, probably regrettably (staying here).

As I've suggested above, I wouldn't consider someone a citizen until they mold their way of life to fit into the UK.

Killer
17 Aug 2009, 08:10am
i lived in france for 7 years and this is what i have to say :

IF THERE NOT HAPPY THEY CAN LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

btw those suits can carry bacteria around

Cetoute
17 Aug 2009, 08:39am
i lived in france for 7 years and this is what i have to say :

IF THERE NOT HAPPY THEY CAN LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

btw those suits can carry bacteria around

The problem is the person who went to another country has some good reasons to do that, like his home country were in war, lack of water, etc.

Lux
17 Aug 2009, 09:49am
Unless your clothes are on fire, bacteria can be carried on anything.

Oh, and anyone has as much right to live somewhere as anyone else if they're a citizen. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Obviously.....the question is should they have ever been given the opportunity to be citizens.

trakaill
17 Aug 2009, 10:54am
Obviously.....the question is should they have ever been given the opportunity to be citizens.

Agreed

Unless your clothes are on fire, bacteria can be carried on anything.

Oh, and anyone has as much right to live somewhere as anyone else if they're a citizen. Religion has nothing to do with it.

youd be right if religion really had nothing to do with it...but it has a lot to do with it as we can see in france..muslims came and invaded the place, the government didnt do anything about until it was to late...now for some reason, no one really understands, they became the plague of the nation because they cause fights, riots, disrespect our rules, our people, steal, vandalize and so on... and really the reason they do it has a lot to do with the fact that they feel rejected....in all honesty when you go to someone elses country you adapt to their beliefs and culture and do not try to bring yours..

Now idc hows in a country as long as the majority of their people blend in society and does stand out as the trouble maker...but as of now I think the gov. you find the trouble makers and kick them out!

Lux
17 Aug 2009, 07:36pm
You have some seriously screwed up ideas about how society works.

"Muslim" is not a race. A man who is French, born in France to a French mother and father, could choose to be - and consequently be a Muslim.

Religions are not people, and religions weren't brought to a society by loads of them coming into a country.

Ideas spread, and religion is an idea.

Now, that Frenchman who is Muslim and praises Allah 5 times a day? He's just as French as an atheist Frenchman, and has just the same rights as the atheist.

NB:

Islam =/= Race

Muslims =/= Foreigners

Religion = Something ANYONE can have.

True, but it is rare that people of white origin take up Islam. Also when you are a white French person taking up Islam you have always been French and don't have to adapt....unless you choosingly change your French heritage and take up an Arab lifestyle.

I don't want to be racist because there are people of all races who are fine and benefit society but as Trakaill said

no one really understands, they became the plague of the nation because they cause fights, riots, disrespect our rules, our people, steal, vandalize and so on... and really the reason they do it has a lot to do with the fact that they feel rejected....in all honesty when you go to someone elses country you adapt to their beliefs and culture and do not try to bring yours..

This is why. Havok I remember you talking of you only having a few Portugese immigrants or something where you live so you don't really have the first hand experiences to judge.

Whilst not all Muslims or anyone brings fights, riots, disrespect, steal, vandalize, suicide bomb etc they add to this, and it isn't just Muslims either......but they add to the problem and in many cases cause the problems, especially because as Trakaill said........we believe that when you go to someone elses country you adapt to their beliefs and culture and don't try and bring yours and stamp it in.

Some might find that unreasonable, but I sure don't.

trakaill
18 Aug 2009, 12:19am
Well the common factor between the people who steal, burn cars, vandalize stores, wall, school, subways and I can name so many others is the fact that most perpetrators are arabs..here you have it I diferenciated between religion and people...but the problem remains...

short story: my dad lived in Morocco for 9 months. Locals dread the summer because 1000's of young Moroccan come back to their country but now has acquired all these unlawful/disrespectful behavior and do the same in their own country...

Im havent done much studies on the subject but in a sad generalized way these people to bring trouble to the country and nobody does anything about it..
The lack of education might have a lot to do with it as well but something is wrong somewhere...I dont have the answer the same way I do not have an answer for this

African Americans represent 12.7% of the US population, 15% of US drug users (72% of
all users are white), 36.8% of those arrested for a drug-related crime, 48.2% of
American adults in state, and federal prisons and local jails and 42.5% of prisoners
under sentence of death.

How does 12% eds up being 50% of the jailed population.....endless number of factors that no one can apparently solve but thats where I was getting at and we have a similar problem in france with arabs....

I just want to point out that im the far far from being racist ..I grew up in the Caribbean surrounded by black people some were very good friends!

Repeat
18 Aug 2009, 07:27am
How does 12% eds up being 50% of the jailed population.....

If I have 12 red apples, and say, 70 green apples, that gives me a total of 82 apples. We'll say there's another 18 apples hiding around somewhere, but they're pink or some shit like that. They don't matter right now.

Say 6 of the red apples have worms and gross little defects in them, while only 6 of the 70 green apples have worms and gross little defects in them. Together, I only have 12 total apples (red and green combined) that are worthless and should be thrown away. A greater percentage of the nasty apples are red compared to their overall apple-population than green apples are compared to their respective apple-population.

Lux
18 Aug 2009, 09:47am
If I have 12 red apples, and say, 70 green apples, that gives me a total of 82 apples. We'll say there's another 18 apples hiding around somewhere, but they're pink or some shit like that. They don't matter right now.

Say 6 of the red apples have worms and gross little defects in them, while only 6 of the 70 green apples have worms and gross little defects in them. Together, I only have 12 total apples (red and green combined) that are worthless and should be thrown away. A greater percentage of the nasty apples are red compared to their overall apple-population than green apples are compared to their respective apple-population.

This didn't really answer his question though.

Despite the actual numbers....native people are always going to be our responsibility but we're just putting more strain on us and allowing people who as a percentage are a lot more destructive to our societies.

Repeat
18 Aug 2009, 12:04pm
This didn't really answer his question though.

Mathematically, it sure did.

trakaill
18 Aug 2009, 04:01pm
Mathematically, it sure did.

I can do math too :/ Essentially you are saying that more of the minority black or arab (or other) is problematic..sure if you want...now why is that? Money, they need more money to educate them selves? Ethics, are they brought up with poor ethics? Racism, cultural or color pushes them to revolt against the society they live in? These are a few possible causes...now the hard part is finding a remedy...hopefully someone will tackle this eventually?

We have public school everyone has access to it..
Racism in the work environment is almost gone now at least in Europe and the US..
Ethics and culture...I cant really speak for them

I have one suggestion though, limit the number of kids a person can have depending on the income or their capital...when you see poor families with 5 or 6 kids that just blatantly feeding the delinquent society. (this might sound a lil extreme..it was just an example)

Simmons1114
27 Aug 2009, 04:49pm
I dont understand why someone would want to swim in a jogging suit, with a hood?
its like taking a shower in your clothes.

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2009, 09:38pm
I dont understand why someone would want to swim in a jogging suit, with a hood?
its like taking a shower in your clothes.

Do you know what a Muslim is?

Or the modesty rules for muslim women?

Basically, can't show skin, form fit, or be sexy in any way.

Bad Dog
27 Aug 2009, 09:57pm

Wow it is hard out there for a pimp..a pimp in an Islamic country I guess.

trakaill
27 Aug 2009, 11:54pm

Reading this I though...how could catholics express their religion at a public swimming pool...first thing that came to my mind was jesus jumping in with the cross attached on his back and how that would go.....sigh.. alcohol and lack of sleep

Simmons1114
28 Aug 2009, 06:58pm
Reading this I though...how could catholics express their religion at a public swimming pool...first thing that came to my mind was jesus jumping in with the cross attached on his back and how that would go.....sigh.. alcohol and lack of sleep

I cant tell if ur being cereal. But i think this ban is simply to prevent fights and things like thare are in Ireland between the protestants and the catholics. Its prolly for the best.

Slavic
29 Aug 2009, 12:54am
I cant tell if ur being cereal. But i think this ban is simply to prevent fights and things like thare are in Ireland between the protestants and the catholics. Its prolly for the best.

Its to prevent people wearing street clothes from swimming in public pools due to public safety.

Are you allowed to go swimming in your public pool with jeans a hoodie and sneakers? I don't think so.

Simmons1114
30 Aug 2009, 01:35pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons1114

Its to prevent people wearing street clothes from swimming in public pools due to public safety.

Are you allowed to go swimming in your public pool with jeans a hoodie and sneakers? I don't think so.

what he said

ps triple quotes are awsome

Lux
31 Aug 2009, 09:28am
When I was in Turkey everyone was at it.

We had a waterpark in our hotel and pretty much 80% of the Muslim women are all clothed going down slides.

Also happened when we went to the beach too, seems pretty stupid having all those clothes on makes it so hard to swim.