PDA

View Full Version : New L4D Campaign

Drox
10 Aug 2009, 01:35pm
Im reinstalling L4D so I can try it out when it comes out.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=500

August 4, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the next major downloadable content (DLC) update for its co-operative zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead (L4D), the #1 new game title on Xbox 360 and PC in 2008

Entitled "Crash Course," the latest DLC delivers new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay to both platforms. Targeted for release in September, "Crash Course" bridges the gap between the end of the "No Mercy" campaign and the beginning of "Death Toll" in the original game, expanding the game universe with new locations, new dialogue from the original cast, and an explosive finale

While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of "Crash" is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns. A recharge timer for infected teammates has also been added, and item spawn behavior has changed for more balanced gameplay.

"Since the release of Left 4 Dead last November, the design team has been excited about creating new experiences for this world and allowing players to do the same, by releasing much of our internal toolset, like the Survival Pack and Authoring Tools," said Gabe Newell. "We're working with the fans toward the ongoing entertainment value of the product."

Left 4 Dead is an action horror game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 50 industry awards from outlets around the world and sold almost 3 million copies worldwide.

Left 4 Dead: Crash Course is targeted for release in September and will be available free of charge on the PC and for 560 Gamer points on Xbox Live.

TheTruth
10 Aug 2009, 01:37pm
560 Gamer points? Does that mean Gamerscore or Microsoft points?

Drox
10 Aug 2009, 01:41pm

Microsoft points, people on Xbox are gonna have to buy it, where people on PC get it for free.

Spliff
10 Aug 2009, 03:12pm
I think they mean microsoft points.

Prozak
10 Aug 2009, 03:12pm
Microsoft points, people on Xbox are gonna have to buy it, where people on PC get it for free.

well that sucks :censored:

TheTruth
10 Aug 2009, 03:14pm
Well i have 20k+ gamerscore so i'm fine :)

Drox
10 Aug 2009, 03:17pm
well that sucks :censored:

Well people on PC support Steam, where people on xbox only have the game for Valve. So since Valve is Steams butt baby its only fair. ;)

Prozak
10 Aug 2009, 03:25pm
true.I put L4D on my Vista but it laggs so i can't :sad: idk why it does that.

Jazzyy
10 Aug 2009, 03:59pm
It's not Valve's fault that DLC costs $$$, you can blame microsoft for CHARGING money to get the DLC.
Want to know what else is crazy? I doubt valve gets any money of that 7$

ReGIONALS
10 Aug 2009, 07:41pm
Microsoft really sucks

Marquis Posa
10 Aug 2009, 07:57pm
is anyone going to pay 7$ on xbox for 2 maps?
i wouldnt do that.^^

Drox
10 Aug 2009, 09:01pm
is anyone going to pay 7$ on xbox for 2 maps?
i wouldnt do that.^^

Xbox fanboys who love L4D would and will. lol

Prozak
10 Aug 2009, 10:24pm
Microsoft really sucks

very true :thumb:

Crimson
11 Aug 2009, 12:03am

You don't buy DLC with Gamer Points, you need Microsoft points.

I also find it funny how PC get most of their DLC for free, unless it's a live game of course.

Frostbyte
11 Aug 2009, 06:37am

You don't pay with Gamerscore, the points you collect while getting acheivements. You pay with microsoft points, which you buy directly (via card) or online with a credit card.

Edit: Saw obez's post lawl.

Prozak
11 Aug 2009, 07:03am
Does TF2 get updates on Xbox orange box?

Drox
11 Aug 2009, 11:41am
You don't buy DLC with Gamer Points, you need Microsoft points.

I also find it funny how PC get most of their DLC for free, unless it's a live game of course.

Thats because Xbox is pretty messed up, where just to be online you have to pay a monthly fee. Its not worth the money and its more fun on the PC anyway.

TheTruth
11 Aug 2009, 11:42am
Wow, I know you don't play with gamerscore but whoever wrote the article called it "Gamer points" when its supposed to be microsoft points.

Leon
11 Aug 2009, 11:49am
New maps i am great with especially when its coming free for pc users.

b0red
11 Aug 2009, 12:11pm
PC free= AWESOME!!!
I love l4d i cannot wait for this to come out!!!!!!! plus ill get it on the xbox to so i can play it with my friends

Prozak
11 Aug 2009, 02:34pm
PC free= AWESOME!!!
I love l4d i cannot wait for this to come out!!!!!!! plus ill get it on the xbox to so i can play it with my friends

Same :whoo:

xVengeance
13 Aug 2009, 05:55am
aww ): thats gay how you have to pay for xbox and not for pc. lucky pc users ):

Hazardous
13 Aug 2009, 11:00am
Oh and Prozak nice siggy. :D

WAY TO STAY ON TOPIC!

Nice double post too.

Bad Dog
13 Aug 2009, 11:04am
WAY TO STAY ON TOPIC!

Nice double post too.

http://yourargumentisinvalid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/i_have_both_moustache_and_robot.jpg

xVengeance
13 Aug 2009, 11:56am
Sorry :x you're not on topic either.

Krazy
5 Sep 2009, 05:41pm
Wow bullshit, im going to have to pay for a map that pc owners get for free =(
I should have bought this on pc, but at least L4D2 is coming out soon, so i can just get that

EntombmentOfTheMachine
9 Sep 2009, 01:10pm
LEFT 4 FAIL and microsuck!.

Bruce Lee
9 Sep 2009, 02:25pm

So True.

Lefty
9 Sep 2009, 07:17pm
Sucks that x360 has to pay for this

TheTruth
9 Sep 2009, 07:19pm

1. You are a huge fanboy.

2. Left 4 Dead is also for the PC if you didn't even read the topic.

3. How bout posting about L4D new campaign instead of making yourself look like a d-bag.

Flash_whAt.?
10 Sep 2009, 01:46pm
when is it coming out??? and if its for pc i have to dl it or cd?

Psyche
10 Sep 2009, 02:07pm
its DLC, so I can imagine that you would download the Downloadable content. :>

EntombmentOfTheMachine
10 Sep 2009, 08:57pm
1. You are a huge fanboy.

2. Left 4 Dead is also for the PC if you didn't even read the topic.

3. How bout posting about L4D new campaign instead of making yourself look like a d-bag.

okay 1. im not a fanboy. i anticipated left 4 dead for a long time and even beta tested it for a short period of time so no im not a fanboy i supported the game. and as for microsoft. Microsoft is the biggest scam system ever. why do you think it had a...54% failure rate i believe? and i think it possibly went up?

2. No shit dumbass i know its on the Pc i have it uninstalled on steam. I filmed left 4 dead and made parodies on how bad the game is. Im not the only person who says its fun for a month then it gets boring.

3. The new l4d campaign is finally coming out 2 months before L4D2's release. The sdk came out i believe in april maybe may? They took there sweet as time with the SDK AFTER they said they would release it with the final product which i believe was postponed from november 17th to i believe the 21st of last year. and now they are release a new game that should be DLC because look at all the petitions on steam community about people disagreeing with the game and everything? im not the only one sir.

4. If your going to criticize someone at least get your facts straight because YOU will look like the douche bag. Douche bag.

Psyche
11 Sep 2009, 01:43pm
okay 1. im not a fanboy. i anticipated left 4 dead for a long time and even beta tested it for a short period of time so no im not a fanboy i supported the game. and as for microsoft. Microsoft is the biggest scam system ever. why do you think it had a...54% failure rate i believe? and i think it possibly went up?

2. No shit dumbass i know its on the Pc i have it uninstalled on steam. I filmed left 4 dead and made parodies on how bad the game is. Im not the only person who says its fun for a month then it gets boring.

3. The new l4d campaign is finally coming out 2 months before L4D2's release. The sdk came out i believe in april maybe may? They took there sweet as time with the SDK AFTER they said they would release it with the final product which i believe was postponed from november 17th to i believe the 21st of last year. and now they are release a new game that should be DLC because look at all the petitions on steam community about people disagreeing with the game and everything? im not the only one sir.

4. If your going to criticize someone at least get your facts straight because YOU will look like the douche bag. Douche bag.

1. Microsoft made PC's too so I guess without them, your stuck buying it for, oh wait, NOTHING, cause valve only did it for 360 and PC.

2. Nobody gives a shit if you don't like it, how about posting about the campaign instead of going "HURF DURF, L4D SUX LOL"

3. Ironically enough, Gabe invited the creator and the co-creator for the boycott group to valve to come play L4D2, and they FUCKING LOVED IT. Yes you are going to have to pay another 50 dollars to get it, but this is pretty much what left4dead was supposed to be back in November. All those petition writing brats, are a bunch of whiny morons, and if you agree with them you are, A. too poor to spend $50 dollars on a great game, B. A whiny moron, C. a moron, D. all of the above.

4. Irony is a word that best describes your statements, and calling someone a douchebag that is right makes you look like an idiot, douchebag, and an asshole.

God I miss neg rep.

TheTruth
11 Sep 2009, 02:37pm
okay 1. im not a fanboy.

Do you know what a fanboy is?

Find your post on this thread:
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24528

Saying microsuck and gaylo are obvious signs of being a fanboy. :clap:

EntombmentOfTheMachine
11 Sep 2009, 09:45pm
1. Microsoft made PC's too so I guess without them, your stuck buying it for, oh wait, NOTHING, cause valve only did it for 360 and PC.

2. Nobody gives a shit if you don't like it, how about posting about the campaign instead of going "HURF DURF, L4D SUX LOL"

3. Ironically enough, Gabe invited the creator and the co-creator for the boycott group to valve to come play L4D2, and they FUCKING LOVED IT. Yes you are going to have to pay another 50 dollars to get it, but this is pretty much what left4dead was supposed to be back in November. All those petition writing brats, are a bunch of whiny morons, and if you agree with them you are, A. too poor to spend $50 dollars on a great game, B. A whiny moron, C. a moron, D. all of the above.

4. Irony is a word that best describes your statements, and calling someone a douchebag that is right makes you look like an idiot, douchebag, and an asshole.

God I miss neg rep.

okay i apologize for being a douche bag and for your A. im not poor at all. i go to a university and i have a successful job thank you very much. i can afford the game i just dont want to buy it. so i apologize for that.

TheTruth
11 Sep 2009, 09:46pm
okay i apologize for being a douche bag and for your A. im not poor at all. i go to a university and i have a successful job thank you very much. i can afford the game i just dont want to buy it. so i apologize for that.

I would like an apology to mister...