PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield?

EvInReaLife
24 Dec 2007, 11:28am
Looks like a good movie. But theres barely any reliable info on it. It wasnt even named until about a week ago.

Red
24 Dec 2007, 11:32am
I thought it always had the name "Cloverfield", wikipedia has called it that for a while.

EvInReaLife
24 Dec 2007, 11:59am
I dont think thats true. Most people have called it by its date (1-18-08) when it comes out. There were alot of different names people were calling it by. The official name is cloverfield. But who cares? As long as i see a good-quality movie nothing matters rite?

EvInReaLife
24 Dec 2007, 02:29pm
Probably it was advertised on short and attention-catching adverts, and some hillbilly saw it and thought it was it's name.

Sounds logical lol

Desu
24 Dec 2007, 05:35pm
It was called Cloverfield due to a poster in the backround of the original trailer

SOLANUM
2 Jan 2008, 02:34am
"We can die here....we can die in the tunnels.....or we can die in the streets...."

Apparantly its about some giant monster thingy and its "Blair Witch" style,shot entirley from one of the characters video cameras......I'm gettin all this from Wikipedia.

Sol :)

EDIT:oh yeah i forgot.......:bump-7:

Alien
2 Jan 2008, 04:07am
1/10-This movie is really bad and this sucks :realmad:
Worst movie this year.

SOLANUM
2 Jan 2008, 04:26am
Really? What made it so bad?

No Spoilers please

Arc
2 Jan 2008, 04:39am
Is it even out yet?

Alien
2 Jan 2008, 05:49am
Really? What made it so bad?

No Spoilers please

This movie only show you how this peoples escape and then how this monster die(movie end only) and nothing more.

SOLANUM
2 Jan 2008, 09:44am
nvm i misunderstood the post above

I didnt THINK it was out yet.

Matt.
2 Jan 2008, 12:20pm
The name is Cloverfield. Every advertisement and poster now say cloverfield.

EvInReaLife
2 Jan 2008, 02:31pm
no, its not out yet come out in 16 days

VirDeBello
2 Jan 2008, 03:36pm
lol It isn't even out yet how can you say something sucks when it isn't even out yet. lmao thats stupid as hell

LitKey
2 Jan 2008, 06:52pm
lol It isn't even out yet how can you say something sucks when it isn't even out yet. lmao thats stupid as hell

I think Alien's got a thing for shitty movies... he loves AVP:R and defends it with a passion, but thinks this movie is the "worst movie this year"? Come on, now. :skeptical:

Alien
3 Jan 2008, 01:38am
I think Alien's got a thing for shitty movies... he loves AVP:R and defends it with a passion, but thinks this movie is the "worst movie this year"? Come on, now. :skeptical:

AVP:R is 2007 year movie not 2008

Cloverfield is 2008 movie.Thanks for bitlord program i have Cloverfield movie too.

There you get games before it´s coming out too :skeptical:

If you want know then worst movie 2007 was Ghost Rider.Hahahahaha

OMG i don´t love AVP:R movie.It´s good movie and nothing more.
Alien and Aliens(not only good movie but super good movie)

LitKey
3 Jan 2008, 03:35am
AVP:R is 2007 year movie not 2008

Cloverfield is 2008 movie.Thanks for bitlord program i have Cloverfield movie too.

There you get games before itīs coming out too :skeptical:

If you want know then worst movie 2007 was Ghost Rider.Hahahahaha

OMG i donīt love AVP:R movie.Itīs good movie and nothing more.
Alien and Aliens(not only good movie but super good movie)

Bullshit, you haven't seen it. I've looked on various pirate and torrent websites to see if it's been leaked, and it sure as hell hasn't been released in any form. Cut the bullshit.

And how the hell would you be able to know it's the worst movie of 2008 anyway? For one, it hasn't been released and you haven't seen it. Two, tons of shitty movies come out every year, movies even worse than the abomination that was AVP:R.

Silent
3 Jan 2008, 09:09am
AVP:R was pretty bad... I watched it last night and I was pissed I spent 20 bucks for me and my girlfriend to watch it.

VirDeBello
3 Jan 2008, 12:29pm
AVP:R was pretty bad... I watched it last night and I was pissed I spent 20 bucks for me and my girlfriend to watch it.

The fact you spent time together is what counts. :biglaugh:

Silent
3 Jan 2008, 09:50pm
No the fact that I got birthday sex later made everything alright.

Jupina
4 Jan 2008, 10:34am
No the fact that I got birthday sex later made everything alright.
is there a difference between birthday sex, and say, non-birthday sex?

VirDeBello
4 Jan 2008, 12:44pm
I was gonna put :Randy-git: but wasn't too sure how you would have taken that lol

The difference is that you wear birthday party hats while you have sex. (duh)

Jupina
4 Jan 2008, 04:39pm
really? birthday hats? meh... the string under those things would get in the way...

dalar
18 Jan 2008, 03:48am
This movie only show you how this peoples escape and then how this monster die(movie end only) and nothing more.

what else would it show? the monster funeral?

Jager
18 Jan 2008, 12:21pm
jupina i think birthday sex means at least in my experiances that more time is spent and generally stuff "can" be added to changed up , but doesnt have to be.

remember kids even bill nye said experimenting is fun Ill leave it at that :P we do have a few 15 year olds around here

ROFL

i wont bother going to see cloverfield, when it ends up on private trackers and has decent comments maybe, but meh its not on my must have list.

EvInReaLife
18 Jan 2008, 12:57pm
bill nye da science guy. He is gangster, along with Mr. Rogers.

broncoty
18 Jan 2008, 02:21pm
Who the hell is that?

lol bill nye is this science show that i used to watch in 7th grade science

and ne ways im seein it tonight ill let u guys kno how it is

Mikey
18 Jan 2008, 04:55pm
can we get back to the topic? if anyone saw this movie tell me how do u rate it

LitKey
18 Jan 2008, 05:46pm
I'm gonna see it tomorrow, looks tight

Pancake Batter
18 Jan 2008, 06:52pm
I'm hearing mixed opinions right now, really like a love/hate kind of movie.

Red
18 Jan 2008, 09:44pm
I am in the theater sitting through the credits hoping to see something at the end as I type this. overall it was a great movie and a great "ride". go see it on the big screen and at a digital theater if you can it was so clean and pretty

broncoty
18 Jan 2008, 09:45pm
seriously just got back from seeing it

i hated it they answered nothing bout what was going on 1 out of 5 stars to me

SPOILERS BELOW

it was about an alien sort of creature wooping the ass of everyone even the military and the whole point was the main character wanted to get to this girl he loved and had broken up with.

After they get her he and her end up being the last two and the die together saying i love you and thats the end.

had serious potential but failed miserably.

Red
18 Jan 2008, 09:48pm
I disagree I saw what I expected, I knew they wouldn't explain anything and it would just be an action movie. 1/5 is nowhere near fair

broncoty
18 Jan 2008, 10:04pm
I disagree I saw what I expected, I knew they wouldn't explain anything and it would just be an action movie. 1/5 is nowhere near fair

yea but i paid 20 bucks (brought a girl) for an hour of running around and screaming through Manhattan (the first 15 minutes was a guy running around taking testimonials from people)

i expected a bit more from it, i did not feel satisfied at the end whatsoever

plus it followed the whole, stupid people in scary movies theme as in people do the exact opposite of what they should in order to survive

the thoughts that ran through my head the whole movie were, wheres the airforce and why does any one not even think about getting a weapon

i do think mayb 1/5 was a bit mean, but the only pros i could see to the movie were great special effects, i loved the first person and some of the one liners

and now that i think about it mayb 2/5 because i was being very negative but i love well developed stories and plots so thats why i did not like this movie

Red
18 Jan 2008, 10:11pm
Yeah, your expectations were a bit high. Once the idea of a monster running through ny is the main storyline, I drop expectation of reality or realistic practicality.

Omega
19 Jan 2008, 01:26am
Fuck I just had a goddamn fucking review typed out and I lost it when I hit refresh for some goddamn reason.

fk me. I guess I'll summarize.

I thought it was quite good, apart from the corny "I'm a hero" scenes and the questionable ending, I was immersed in the movie from the scene of the first encounter to the end. It's a very good, and even "believable" apocalyptic-action movie which is mainly due to it being shot from a camera's point of view. I thought they could've done without the spider-like parasite... whatever they are things,as they seemed pretty pointless and the whole "infection" thing has been done to death.

And, time for a SPOILER ALERT lololololololol

The the 99% of you that missed it, at the ending scene when they're in the park, in the distance you can see a trail of smoke and what appears to be a meteor crashing into the water. That's probably how it all started.

Also, after the credits you can hear a weird inaudible sound clip which seems to have no significance UNTIL you play it backwards. You can clearly hear the guy say "It's still alive"

Don't believe me? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/board/thread/95069947)

DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMM...

PS: that was One tough fucking video camera.
Bet it was made in China.

SOLANUM
19 Jan 2008, 03:46pm
seriously just got back from seeing it

i hated it they answered nothing bout what was going on

Dude! Thats the point! You dont know anything bout this creature,where it came from or why its here,all you know that its trying to kill you and you need to get away from the city NOW. (I use "you" because you really do feel like your seeing the events happen through the characters eyes.) I'd give it AT LEAST a 9/10,best movie of 2008 so far.

Emma
19 Jan 2008, 04:46pm
i liked cloverfield, it was intense. that tunnel part was crazy, i knocked over our skittles and took someone's arm in a death grip when those things started going after them. I think it was jon's. i wasnt scared, it was just crazy intense. 8.5/10 for me. The ending was what really messed it up in my opinion.

did anyone else notice that the statue of liberty's head was about as tall as single person when it first landed, then got a lot bigger in the second shot of it?

by the way SOLANUM, your signature, "Zombie Muder" xD

LitKey
19 Jan 2008, 05:41pm
I saw it today with a friend...

It was good, but the ending was really disappointing. And there were some parts that seemed like unrealistic human reactions to some situations.

As for the head, I don't think it was big enough. If it's possible for people to go inside the head, it should be bigger. Here's a picture of the real head.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Nancy_Reagan_reopens_Statue_of_Liberty_1986.jpg

Veggie
19 Jan 2008, 11:09pm
I heard Avp-r is really good too, gonna buy the dvd tho

Reunion
19 Jan 2008, 11:50pm
i knocked over our skittles and took someone's arm in a death grip when those things started going after them. I think it was jon's. i wasnt scared, it was just crazy intense.

Actually that was my arm.

I dunno, the only thing that bugged me was the fact that the camera was unrealistic. The guy was always looking through it. Even when he was screaming and running from the monster, he was still getting a good shot of it.

LitKey
20 Jan 2008, 12:09am
I dunno, the only thing that bugged me was the fact that the camera was unrealistic. The guy was always looking through it. Even when he was screaming and running from the monster, he was still getting a good shot of it.

yeah, unrealistic reactions

Reunion
20 Jan 2008, 01:52am
Altho, it is unavoidable. Movie would have been crap if he had been realistic and dropped the camera and ran the moment he saw the thing. "Hey, look, a road. Oh, and feet are running passed. Oh my, the camera just got crushed under the monster's foot. It's over? Meh."

LitKey
20 Jan 2008, 02:25am
didn't he have the camera on a sling, so if he let it go it wouldn't fall to the ground anyway? anyhow, it's an all right movie.

ending is still lame though

Omega
20 Jan 2008, 12:15pm
ending is still lame though

did you read what I wrote a page back? The ending did have a significance.

Emma
20 Jan 2008, 01:10pm
sure, it had a significance, but that doesnt mean it wasnt lame.

Omega
20 Jan 2008, 09:25pm
sure, it had a significance, but that doesnt mean it wasnt lame.

tbh it's good that the ending left a bit to the imagination and wasn't straight to the point because 99% of movies end in the same manner. It also gives a lot more potential for a sequel because we don't know what happened to the monster.

[R!ot] CAT TITS
20 Jan 2008, 09:53pm
the movie was ok but some of the thing where to streched out like a camera battery lasting for 7 hours. If you stay to the end of the credits it says "it's still alive" backwards.

Omega
20 Jan 2008, 09:59pm
CAT TITS;24973']the movie was ok but some of the thing where to streched out like a camera battery lasting for 7 hours. If you stay to the end of the credits it says "it's still alive" backwards.

yes, see my "review" a couple pages back

VirDeBello
20 Jan 2008, 11:05pm
yeah, unrealistic reactions

Then you wouldn't have a movie if it was realistic. Almost all movies have to fake something to make the movie better or more interesting.

LitKey
21 Jan 2008, 12:14am
Then you wouldn't have a movie if it was realistic. Almost all movies have to fake something to make the movie better or more interesting.

gg misinterpreting what I said

Master_Chief
21 Jan 2008, 10:36am
i havent seen the movie yet but some ppl tell me its good and others say that its corny. but i would have to see to actually know.:skeptical:

VirDeBello
21 Jan 2008, 10:51am
gg misinterpreting what I said

No I know what you said, Ima just saying that, but really you wouldn't know how you would react until it actaually happened. (Forgot to add that part lol)

MANFRA
27 Jan 2008, 07:38am
I thought it was a bad movie.. I felt like I had blue balls while walking out of the movie theater. Worse ending.

Henda
5 Feb 2008, 01:31pm
Brilliant movie, all I will say.

Itch
5 Feb 2008, 01:58pm
I enjoyed it. I like it when a movie takes a different perspective.
Example: Independence Day vs. Signs
Both movies are about massive alien attacks. But done from 2 completely different perspectives that of the military/government & that of the small farm in the middle of nowhere.
I felt Cloverfield did a good job of focusing on how it might be from a small groups perspective.