i would play it more than PB
i think b/c we got new members that are TOO active
we can always keep it full

Hello Kitty :D!
7 Aug 2009, 09:47pm
it would be a great addition to the servers :>

Fuze
7 Aug 2009, 09:56pm
It would be fun, for a little while until it dies out and then we take it down and then people complain about not having it anymore. Unless daze or somebody wants to organize the Gun Game Extravaganza!!

Caution
7 Aug 2009, 09:57pm
/agrees

Bullet Wound
7 Aug 2009, 10:07pm
It would be fun, for a little while until it dies out and then we take it down and then people complain about not having it anymore. Unless daze or somebody wants to organize the Gun Game Extravaganza!!

It always dies down around a month after its up, ever server is like that, we just need to wait it out, and spam events like they did with the Reg CSS server.

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:10pm
NO, No ,NO we've had about 3-4 now they all failed, SG cannot run Gungame servers no matter how hard we try.

Vivian556
7 Aug 2009, 10:12pm
NO, No ,NO we've had about 3-4 now they all failed, SG cannot run Gungame servers no matter how hard we try.

When was the last time SG had a GG server?

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:13pm

Before you.

Also if we do what we did with the Reg CSS server then Reg CSS will die and so will the gungame.

Metal

they failed b/c they only got full if admins joined and others followed.
It might work, look at Nap, its not full most of the time, but it is active

Caution

Uhhhh probably 6 months ago.

Vivian556
7 Aug 2009, 10:14pm
Before you.

Also if we do what we did with the Reg CSS server then Reg CSS will die and so will the gungame.

So 3+ months ago.
How much more population has the SG servers gotten over 3 months time?

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:16pm
So 3+ months ago.
How much more population has the SG servers gotten over 3 months time?

The same argument was made last time and it failed, nothing you propose is anything new, its all been tryed.

Vivian556
7 Aug 2009, 10:17pm
The same argument was made last time and it failed, nothing you propose is anything new, its all been tryed.
Well.. I guess we'll wait and see what the answer is.

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:17pm
Well.. I guess we'll wait and see what the answer is.

If they say yes im willing to bet you a week with no froum/vent that it dies.

Vivian556
7 Aug 2009, 10:18pm
If they say yes im willing to bet you a week with no froum/vent that it dies.

I'll take that bet. (that is if we get a GG server)

Bethy
7 Aug 2009, 10:19pm
As much as I love GunGame I don't think we could keep it populated. Anything near regular CS for us just doesn't work out too well. Although the server was doing alright when we had the GunGame Extravaganza, I'm not sure we could keep it up with all the other events we've got going on.

Movement
7 Aug 2009, 10:19pm
HELL YES i remember killing myself so someone doesnt get the knife kill and then someone came up behind him and knifed him in the back and we won =D i wanna do it again!

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:20pm
I'll take that bet. (that is if we get a GG server)

And by dieing I mean after we stop spamming events for it that its barely played or not played, not while we still spam events for it.

Vivian556
7 Aug 2009, 10:20pm
As much as I love GunGame I don't think we could keep it populated. Anything near regular CS for us just doesn't work out too well. Although the server was doing alright when we had the GunGame Extravaganza, I'm not sure we could keep it up with all the other events we've got going on.

Well, so far we have 9 people that have voted yes, that's 9 people that could help populate it. and with 9 people, more people will join. It's just like Napalm.

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:21pm
Well, so far we have 9 people that have voted yes, that's 9 people that could help populate it. and with 9 people, more people will join. It's just like Napalm.

Which is dieing.

Metal
7 Aug 2009, 10:21pm
Which is dieing.

and than why is it still up?

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:23pm
and than why is it still up?

Why was breakfloor still up for over a month after 0 people played on it?

Metal
7 Aug 2009, 10:25pm
i have no idea, but ill get admin to help out for GG =P
give it a try

Hello Kitty :D!
7 Aug 2009, 10:34pm
comparing napalm now to what was some months ago ( when it was empty all day because no one was motivating other people to play. At least i saw it like that ) its actually getting more active. I dont see why we can't get a GG server, i think we just need people that motivates the rest.

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 10:35pm
comparing napalm now to what was some months ago ( when it was empty all day because no one was motivating other people to play. At least i saw it like that ) its actually getting more active. I dont see why we can't get a GG server, i think we just need people that motivates the rest.

:lol:

Desum
7 Aug 2009, 10:38pm
I'd whore myself out to the GG server if we got it back = / Grab a 100-pack of slim jims and a bottle or two of pepsi and i'll be on it all day if i have to. GG was one of the most enjoyable servers.. and the events were awesome for it, everyone had a good time during those.

Tyrant
8 Aug 2009, 01:44am
Don't get any hopes up of it being added, or if it does, of it being populated alot. You never know what may happen though. I loved it though, so I vote yes for gits and shiggles.

Paul
8 Aug 2009, 02:08am
GG is alot like napalm. People insist on making threads to bring it back and alot of people say that its a good idea and that they will populate it. But the truth is that after a few weeks the interest is lost by alot of players and as a result it usually stays empty. As you can see with napalm.

Jazz
8 Aug 2009, 02:24am
I voted yes. If GG comes to the servers, I will join sometime even if it's empty. I can promise that.

I'm sure people will join after 1 player joins.

On the other hand, the protester's are right. We have servers that is empty already, and are trying to re-populate them.

SeeCraex
8 Aug 2009, 06:09am
I voted yes, cause i love GG, and i think it could be funny with one, But the other way, it is not needed, if its a problem to get the server.

Lefty
8 Aug 2009, 06:12am
GG is alot like napalm. People insist on making threads to bring it back and alot of people say that its a good idea and that they will populate it. But the truth is that after a few weeks the interest is lost by alot of players and as a result it usually stays empty. As you can see with napalm.

QFT
I voted yes just to try it and see if it works, GG is fun for people who suck at CS:S like me :laugh:

Metal
8 Aug 2009, 06:45am
Well in a day reg has 3-4 events
so we can do that with GG or something
but yes paul your right

Daze
8 Aug 2009, 06:50am
Sadly enough, what Paul said is true :(

We need to concentrate on making that god damn Reg server work right now. Especially with all the scrim stuff that's going on.

Shadowex3
8 Aug 2009, 06:58am
Emphasis on making it work unless you guys have the ticrate and hit reg problems worked out now. One thing I didn't get was why yall had the "rate" command capped so low when it's supposed to be 100tic. Ideally it should be uncapped on a 100tic server.

Haggard
8 Aug 2009, 07:11am
The main reason we do not have a gg right now is because we have a reg sever for the first time that is succeeding. Whenever we open a new server all attention drives to that server. I dont know if we can afford to drive attention away from the reg server when I think we are only weeks away from it staying populated every day without spamming event.

Hopefully the scrim league and regular tournaments will drive more reg players to the community. Most of us are dirty mod players which is why we have trouble keeping standard servers populated.

..............I sure do miss playing GG though

zapper
8 Aug 2009, 08:28am
why dont we have teams,server populating group.
in eGO we used to have a group that is responsible for the population of the server,if you were part of the group or not and you could join the server join it and try to repopulate it,not obligatory.

just a suggestion,i know i could use the suggestion box but too late xD

Metal
8 Aug 2009, 08:09pm
is there a way to mix Reg and GG?

Daze
8 Aug 2009, 08:10pm
is there a way to mix Reg and GG?

Yes there is, you can load a configuration so the gungame mod works on specific maps. We can't exactly integrate it with our reg server as it would kill it though..

Metal
8 Aug 2009, 08:11pm
Well im just happy Reg is full all the time.
So its win/win even if we dont get GG

b0red
8 Aug 2009, 08:14pm
I support 100%

Dracula
8 Aug 2009, 08:15pm
Well im just happy Reg is full all the time.
So its win/win even if we dont get GG

Its rarely full.

Itch
9 Aug 2009, 06:37pm
Unfortunately I agree with Haggard on this one.. We need to focus on maintaining and building up the player base on the Reg CSS server once that maintains itself then yes GG is the shit.. I still play on GG servers.. The ZM GG server was what brought me to ZM/SG and the people here are what made me stick around..

If it's done right yes GG can succeed.. entire clans/communities are GG only.. so it has the potential.. just right now isn't the right time for SG to try to build/promote/populate a GG server.

b0red
9 Aug 2009, 06:45pm
I have just about every gungame map. so if you need any holla at ya boy. ALSO everyone populate the Reg server so we can get a GG server

Jayman
9 Aug 2009, 07:02pm
I rlly love GG and i think it would be awsome to have it back xD

skitzophranic
9 Aug 2009, 07:34pm
yep i think so too.
GG's r FUNNN