PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me on COH?

sylar
7 Aug 2009, 11:54am
just reinstalled COH [the first one] and have never played it online. can anyone play vs me online to help me? ive never played any RTS online so i could do with help.

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 11:57am
http://www.gamereplays.org//portals.php

sylar
7 Aug 2009, 12:03pm
playing against someone would help, replays are ok but in an actuall game im the one making the choices and have to work out what to do instead of jsut watching others. ill watch some though.

Dracula
7 Aug 2009, 12:09pm
*cough pub *cough

sylar
7 Aug 2009, 01:16pm
*cough pub *cough

what?

Stevee
8 Aug 2009, 04:10am
what?

He means just find some random people and play with them .
However , Dracula , Sylar wants someone who will explain to him , what to do as the game kicks off.

Farmer Mick
8 Aug 2009, 04:14am
He means just find some random people and play with them .
However , Dracula , Sylar wants someone who will explain to him , what to do as the game kicks off.

you dont have coh special steve so why are you even posting in this thread

Runski
8 Aug 2009, 10:21am
you dont have coh special steve so why are you even posting in this thread

It doesn't matter if he doesn't have it, I don't have it, and I will say this:
Find a server that has a good amount of people, try by yourself for the first map, then if you didn't do too well, you could possibly ask for some tips. If this is a FPS, I stick to Snipers and Machine Guns. RTS I go full defense then counter attacks. I wont be much help, but When I played CS:S I always kept training myself, what guns works best for me, get to know the stats of each gun. I then learned the layouts of the maps pretty quickly, and which way people go through often. Mostly, just take some time and think about what you're going to do this round.

Dracula
8 Aug 2009, 11:44am
It doesn't matter if he doesn't have it, I don't have it, and I will say this:
Find a server that has a good amount of people, try by yourself for the first map, then if you didn't do too well, you could possibly ask for some tips. If this is a FPS, I stick to Snipers and Machine Guns. RTS I go full defense then counter attacks. I wont be much help, but When I played CS:S I always kept training myself, what guns works best for me, get to know the stats of each gun. I then learned the layouts of the maps pretty quickly, and which way people go through often. Mostly, just take some time and think about what you're going to do this round.

Your ideas dont work be quite.

ReGIONALS
10 Aug 2009, 01:39am
dracula can you just keep out of everything having to do with anything cause im really tired of seeing your useless douche bag posts

Strife
10 Aug 2009, 02:00am
Seeing as this is about COH Dracula is probably one of the better people to ask. Whoever said if COH is an FPS your fail this is the RTS Section of the foumr l2r plz

Anyway sylar if i see you on vent ill have a few matches with u and give u some pointers

Dracula
10 Aug 2009, 09:16am
dracula can you just keep out of everything having to do with anything cause im really tired of seeing your useless douche bag posts

No.:usa2:

Italian Jew
10 Aug 2009, 10:24am

Dracula plays this game a lot, so I'd take his word well over someone who doesn't own the game. You are typing the useless douchebag post here kiddo.

I am about to get this game in the next few days (depending on when it gets shipped here), so I might try and screw around online after I get through the campaign missions. Don't want to seem like a complete noob when I first get online.

Dracula
10 Aug 2009, 10:31am
after I get through the campaign missions.

^^^^

Frostbyte
10 Aug 2009, 03:19pm
^^^^

Agreed, the campaign pretty much forces you to learn the basic functions.

sylar
11 Aug 2009, 03:51am
all i wanted was some people to play vs me online[people i know].......

Lordcrazy
14 Aug 2009, 06:17pm
um i'd play with you or against you i'm basically just a defensive guy i'm not all that good but i could try considering your new but yah i could play with you im lordcrazy send me a pm aand we can figure out when to play!

Dimitry
15 Aug 2009, 12:29pm
I'm up for some rounds if you want :cool:
Especially since most of my friends got tired of it and ai find it funny to rush me with millions of Stugs and Pumas :eek:

Lux
15 Aug 2009, 05:42pm
Playing the campaigns pretty much as Frostbyte said, forces you to learn the basics.

Ofcourse stepping into skirmishes is a new step, and then going from comp stomps to playing vs humans is another.

My advice would be to not be afraid to try new things out in the game.

A lot of people are too lazy/scared and just defend the very small amount of point they have and if you aren't playing mindless bots this will never work.

Boobcake
19 Aug 2009, 11:32am
I like dracula's douchebag posts.

LegalSmash
20 Aug 2009, 10:20am
simple reply:

Campaign teaches you basics, for all armies except Wermacht.

My suggestion is pvp matches or comp stomps, PVP will make you more adaptable so long as you follow these guidelines:

American: cheap units, jack of all trades mater of none, shitty armor offensive oriented army.
Brits: Highly defensive, very customizable, slow as balls. Officers take care of some of the slowness. Best with combined with other allied players in support role, or as linebreaker with engineers.

Wermacht: very offensive, very strong armor, shitty infantry generally, except stormtroopers, but they are expensive. Takes long to upgrade, and easy to kill off in the early game.

Panzer Elite: FAST mobile army, medium price units, not very good armor, a LOT of firepower though.