PDA

View Full Version : What's the point in keeping ze_thelostworld_v1?

blooregardo
7 Aug 2009, 10:34am
ze_thelostworld_redux is a much better version, and most people enjoy it.
ze_thelostworld_v1, however, is outdated, glitchy, and most people hate it, or at least don't prefer it to the new version.
And for whatever reason, whenever I try to nominate the redux version, only v1 appears on the list when it is time for the map vote. It's really annoying.

Zargotelc
7 Aug 2009, 01:39pm
It's a fine map. I agree redux is a better version but we barely play it. Nowadays it's all about the LOTR craze anyways so both of these maps have been pushed back.

SoulKeeper
7 Aug 2009, 01:56pm
Both maps are fun. They both offer a different round than eachother as well.
Keep them both.

Drox
7 Aug 2009, 01:59pm
Both of em are good and different, so both of em stay.

The Baltimore Ravens
7 Aug 2009, 02:16pm
i like both.

SoulKeeper
7 Aug 2009, 03:24pm
Redux, if it doesn't show in vote has probably been played recently. Or maybe you just didn't vote for ahead of time.

I don't see how V1 is glitchy, It's perfectly fine...

Shadowex3
7 Aug 2009, 09:27pm
I think you've got that backwards, most people I know prefer the original to redux. The original has some action in it, most of redux is running around getting caught by annoying map features in a headache inducing haze of white fog before finally getting rescued by a far too small helicopter while being deafened by low quality music for what feels like almost 5 minutes before the round mercifully ends.

That's assuming you didn't just die right at the beginning because you made a blind leap into the fog and hit the ground or the shark.

August
10 Aug 2009, 02:00am
yeah, agreed. i hate maps where there is a new version out that is pretty much a whole lot better but the old map gets randomly picked (when it is the first choice) sometimes. plus the glitchy spots make any map frustrating as hell

Pokey the Penguin
13 Aug 2009, 05:01pm
But if we got rid of Lost World where else would I get blown up by a bridge? :)

xVengeance
13 Aug 2009, 05:30pm
i Like Both :D But i Like redux better because you can go up the dinos ass :D

SoulKeeper
13 Aug 2009, 08:53pm
i Like Both :D But i Like redux better because you can go up the dinos ass :D

You'd like anything that allows you to go inside their ass.

Wrathek
14 Aug 2009, 10:40am
But if we got rid of Lost World where else would I get blown up by a bridge? :)

i am legend, of course :P

Jazz
14 Aug 2009, 01:06pm
I <3 Redux. The only part I hate is when they ... BLOW THE FUCKING BRIDGE AT TEAM-MATES SO I BRING ADMIN AS UNDERCOVER AND HE/SHE BAN'S THE TEAM-KILLER.

On the other hand I like the fail-bus.

Yeah, we should remove LostWorld v1. As it never get's played anyways...

Shadowex3
15 Aug 2009, 12:42pm
You're on crack it's easily more popular than redux.

Jigglypants
15 Sep 2009, 07:09am
Both are different in their own way. Redux is my favorite IMO, but scrapping it would take away from the diversity.

Metal
15 Sep 2009, 09:29am
Its all part of the JP maps.
Its a classic and we better keep it

Lucid
8 Nov 2009, 07:33pm
It's a good classic. I remember when it was a New map

Basically every map runs it's course.

It's new, it's over played, then it goes to where it is never played because it was over played, then it gets into the normal map rotation and is played ever so often, then it is barely played, and finally, never played. :sad:

It is a difficult map to win, and nowadays, people just like to sit in one spot and defend.

PingPong
8 Nov 2009, 08:11pm
Redux over v1 anyday

2DG
14 Nov 2009, 07:33am
V1 is more fun IMO.

Sgt_Church
14 Nov 2009, 07:49am
You'd like anything that allows you to go inside their ass.

Wait, What?

Heymans
22 Dec 2009, 03:19pm
V1 > Redux.
Redux is retarded as hell. The begining = bridge blown.
Truck falls.
Everyone sticks to the left to the raptors.
Run into the building and defend.
Win?

Crimson
22 Dec 2009, 04:17pm
If you don't like a map on our servers, just make a Removal request (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=9)

Personally, I like it. Never played anymore, but it's enjoyable. The surfable mountains=win!

SoulKeeper
22 Dec 2009, 04:51pm
Both versions offer different things. They aren't the same map.

Applesauce
22 Dec 2009, 06:00pm
I like V1 more but they are both fun so i just say keep em

Pufferfish
23 Dec 2009, 05:15pm
old one 10x better /end

Acipere
28 Dec 2009, 11:43pm
It's a fine map. I agree redux is a better version but we barely play it. Nowadays it's all about the LOTR craze anyways so both of these maps have been pushed back.

Glad LOTR is gone.

@work-lol
2 Jan 2010, 01:06pm
I'm also glad lotr is gone again, but I'm also requesting that lost world V1 to be up again, I really enjoyed that map, even if looked shitty as hell, it's still a lot of fun :D

Drox
2 Jan 2010, 01:32pm
LOTR isnt gone? Unless they removed it in the past day?

Shadowex3
3 Jan 2010, 10:57am
He meant the server, I wonder if he knows that the escape server's been successfully hijacked to be a noblock server...

KebabSarre
3 Jan 2010, 03:01pm
He meant the server, I wonder if he knows that the escape server's been successfully hijacked to be a noblock server...

Its like they changed name on lotr server and removed the original escape sever. :cry: