PDA

View Full Version : Project Natal

Crimson
4 Aug 2009, 09:55pm
p2qlHoxPioM

If Project Natal is as effective as it is in that video, the Xbox 360 will smash PS3 away IMO.

matt 187
4 Aug 2009, 10:05pm
p2qlHoxPioM

If Project Natal is as effective as it is in that video, the Xbox 360 will smash PS3 away IMO.

it really doesn't need this to smash PS3.looks cool but it's probably going to have its faults being this 1st thing of it's kind.

zapper
4 Aug 2009, 10:06pm
yup probably going to have problems.looks to perfect.
but if it is how they show it,then yea is going to be huge.

BOOWY
5 Aug 2009, 12:01am
Project Natal, sacrificing precise controls in favor of a novel experience. You really can't achieve a whole lot with this thing in today's current market. You look at the 360's existing line up of games and you start to realize that you really can't replace a controller with this thing in most games, it wouldn't work. Like the Wii's remote, there's not a whole lot you can achieve with Natal other than make casual games and party games a-la Wii Sports and other crap like that.

I think it's much more suited to being an accessory to a controller experience. How cool would it be if you had a sci-fi kind of game where squinting your eyes and leaning forward causes your vision to zoom in? Or if you leaned left or right in an FPS, your guy would lean left and right? Or how about to bust through a door, you kick your foot out to break it down? You can replace buttons with Natal and make a game more of an engaging experience but I'm not sold on the idea of getting rid of the controller entirely. This is something that would be good for parties and experimental games. I don't see any serious gamer picking this up... but fuck serious gamers, the industry started and grew because of serious gamers and now it's leaving them behind.

Italian Jew
5 Aug 2009, 12:14am
Project Natal, sacrificing precise controls in favor of a novel experience. You really can't achieve a whole lot with this thing in today's current market. You look at the 360's existing line up of games and you start to realize that you really can't replace a controller with this thing in most games, it wouldn't work. Like the Wii's remote, there's not a whole lot you can achieve with Natal other than make casual games and party games a-la Wii Sports and other crap like that.

I think it's much more suited to being an accessory to a controller experience. How cool would it be if you had a sci-fi kind of game where squinting your eyes and leaning forward causes your vision to zoom in? Or if you leaned left or right in an FPS, your guy would lean left and right? Or how about to bust through a door, you kick your foot out to break it down? You can replace buttons with Natal and make a game more of an engaging experience but I'm not sold on the idea of getting rid of the controller entirely. This is something that would be good for parties and experimental games. I don't see any serious gamer picking this up... but fuck serious gamers, the industry started and grew because of serious gamers and now it's leaving them behind.

Pure Natal games would most likely be party, RTS, or miscellaneous games. It would make RTS games much more playable on a console, it would get people interested in party games outside of the Wii universe, and provide plenty of unique games for any adventurous gamers out there.

They could package the game with different types of peripherals to work alongside of Natal. For an FPS, you could have a light gun type of thing going (which could look much nicer than any Wii guns out there). You would still be able to use button commands while using aspects of Natal that make the gameplay unique.

It will probably have the least immediate impact on hardcore gamers and most games you would find on the 360, but it will take a few years after its release for companies to figure how to utilize a controller interface alongside Natal so people can get the most out of their games.

ReGIONALS
5 Aug 2009, 12:49am

if you had seen this years E3 where it was premiered they show it uses all bodly functions kicking swatting slapping batting etc watch the E3 project natal vid on youtube ill pick one of these up oneday

Stevee
5 Aug 2009, 02:57am
OMG.. Looks soo amazing.
Although , as people mentioned above , looks to perfect -.-.
However , I have faith that it'll come out with only a few minor faults .

Metal
5 Aug 2009, 06:09am
BRING BACK THE FUCKING CONTROLLER
god damn...... this is just like that PS2 Cam they had but better
but hopefully this works..and chuck Norris can do has many has you want him too

TheTruth
5 Aug 2009, 06:14am
I really can't wait for this! :D

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/clips/project-natal-demo-6109/1123102/

Movement
5 Aug 2009, 06:50am
looks to perfect if something is ganna fault and when it does a new version of it will come from ps3 and than xobox comes back with a newer one and so on. its still its first of its kind, my tip wait for a while for people to use it see their ratings and comments then decide wether or not to buy it

Hiphopopotomus
5 Aug 2009, 07:47am
Is it just me, or does that not look interesting at all....

Creeping Death
5 Aug 2009, 12:30pm
its just too good as everyone says for it to have faults. either people r gonna have problems with the motion sensor, or the voice recognition

XeNo
5 Aug 2009, 10:33pm
Anyone know the price of a smart house?

Even those don't detect your hand motions, clear voice recognition, ect. ect.

Natal is going to fail miserably and have tons of faults.

Either that or it's just going to cost $100,000.