PDA

View Full Version : Texturing Problem

Olli3
3 Aug 2009, 10:01pm
I am making a map, and I am using the assault textures.
I made the first spawn room, and I want to add some secrets, like a secret room with a secret grenade or two. But the problem is, is that the texture DOESN'T want to align with the room textures. I tried to set everything and the room in the "Toggle Texture" Tool, and make it World and Face. Same problem. Here is a screenshot

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8328/hammerproblem1.png

And no, I did not carve.

XeNo
3 Aug 2009, 11:45pm
Click the blue/red/green box looking thing, align it yourself.

Or easy way, click the blue/red/green box texturing thing, click a wall next to the door, right click on the secret door's faces that you want to align.

Svendy
4 Aug 2009, 02:24am
select a 'neighboring' face in the texture application tool write down the X, Y values and paste them in the face you want to align

Bob Loblaw
4 Aug 2009, 02:27am
Generally just left clicking the surface beside it then right clicking that surface should align it. If not do what svendy said or highlight the face, then change the x/y coordinate shift as well as the x/y texture stretch w/e. Also make sure it is aligned with bottom.

HankTheTank
4 Aug 2009, 06:26am
select a 'neighboring' face in the texture application tool write down the X, Y values and paste them in the face you want to align

Do exactly what Svendy said. He said it perfectly.

XeNo
5 Aug 2009, 10:18pm
Achieve exactly what I said, but take longer.

Lol.

Olli3
6 Aug 2009, 12:43am
Thanks for all the help, highly appreciated. But I just scrapped that room, and completely re-did that room.