PDA

View Full Version : Files don't upload?

BanMan
31 Jul 2009, 01:08pm
I am trying to place a player complaint with a demo file that I compressed into a .rar file. The original .dem file was about 3.4 mb and it was telling me it was too big to upload.

It's full size is 2.12 mb as a .rar and it's telling me that I am exceeding my upload quota by 1.18 mb. Why is it doing this and how can I get this file uploaded?

Wrathek
31 Jul 2009, 02:34pm
i dont remember how much space you're allowed, but that probably includes pictures you've uploaded elsewhere on the site.

Other than removing those, just upload it to some hosting website and link to it instead.

BanMan
31 Jul 2009, 03:16pm
Well I have no other files uploaded to this site... this is my first one. It states you're allowed up to 8 something megs for demo files and this is under 3 megs. I could upload it to a website but its just a lot easier to upload them from the website form itself.

There has got to be some sort of issue with the website because it just doesn't make sense.

Jazz
31 Jul 2009, 03:21pm
Hm.... Try deleting 1.18mb useless stuff and see if it work's.

Wrathek
31 Jul 2009, 03:25pm
Hm.... Try deleting 1.18mb useless stuff and see if it work's.

Well I have no other files uploaded to this site... this is my first one. It states you're allowed up to 8 something megs for demo files and this is under 3 megs. I could upload it to a website but its just a lot easier to upload them from the website form itself.

There has got to be some sort of issue with the website because it just doesn't make sense.

ORLY?

Mystique
31 Jul 2009, 05:09pm
Try using this to upload your demo: http://www.mediafire.com/

Upload it to there and post the link in the player complaint.

BanMan
31 Jul 2009, 06:05pm
Download speed on Media Fire... 1kbps

Movement
31 Jul 2009, 06:28pm
lol nice speed u need to fix something to make it go faster. first check this http://www.speedtest.net/

BanMan
1 Aug 2009, 10:46am
I've never had a problem uploading anything to any website. If I go to another file upload site I get fast upload speeds. Media Fire is wacked.

andre1028
1 Aug 2009, 10:49am
Just use sendspace.com

BanMan
1 Aug 2009, 11:08am
Ok Media Fire decided to upload normally now. Problem solved. Thanks.

BORN A REBEL
1 Aug 2009, 05:18pm
you probally used all your space. So your gonna have to delete some of the stuff you saved or upload it to another site, like megaupload ifts its a demo, hope this helps.