PDA

View Full Version : House to curb exec salaries

LegalSmash
31 Jul 2009, 12:43pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090731/ap_on_bi_ge/us_bailout_bonuses

Interesting, although I am almost sure that goes AGAINST what Barry had to say. Who's in charge here, him or Pelosi?

Repeat
31 Jul 2009, 12:59pm
I just got back from the optometrist and can't read very well because my eyes are dialated. Are the pay caps limited to companies recieving government funds or what?

Slavic
31 Jul 2009, 02:56pm
I just got back from the optometrist and can't read very well because my eyes are dialated. Are the pay caps limited to companies recieving government funds or what?

"The legislation's ban on risky compensation would apply to any firm with more than $1 billion in assets, including bank holding companies, broker-dealers, credit unions, investment advisers and mortgage buyers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

If they kept it to just companies receiving government money then I would be fine with all the regulations.

I do however agree with the regulation in the bill that allows shareholders a non binding vote on compensation packages and restricting company executives from holding seats on compensation committees. It gives the shareholders more control in how their money is spent on salaries, plus it prevents corporate executives from writing blank checks to themselves from the companies coffers just because they happen to chair the corporate compensation committee.

Repeat
31 Jul 2009, 04:21pm
"The legislation's ban on risky compensation would apply to any firm with more than $1 billion in assets, including bank holding companies, broker-dealers, credit unions, investment advisers and mortgage buyers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

If they kept it to just companies receiving government money then I would be fine with all the regulations.

I do however agree with the regulation in the bill that allows shareholders a non binding vote on compensation packages and restricting company executives from holding seats on compensation committees. It gives the shareholders more control in how their money is spent on salaries, plus it prevents corporate executives from writing blank checks to themselves from the companies coffers just because they happen to chair the corporate compensation committee.

Thank you. I think it's bullshit that it applies to non-government funded companies. Sure, companies that received bailout money should be pinching their pennies, but other tan that it falls under the category of ''That's ridiculous''. Also, if the company is making OVER 1 BILLION dollars, wouldn't you think they could afford to pay their executives pretty damn well without impacting their company's finances...Just another way of 'sticking it to the man' is what it appears to be to me. Wealth envy, anyone? Ugh.