PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Links

Sgt_Church
29 Jul 2009, 10:58am
Ok, im in the chatbox right, I post a link for a segmented TV Show, which was uploaded to youtube in 2007. Is it just me, or do you think links to youtube should not be allowed to be removed? Highsky removed it, but youtube has its own copyright agreements and they remove ANY copyrighted material, is it just me, or does it seem unfair for him to remove the link from the chatbox? :mad2:

Metal
29 Jul 2009, 10:59am
its 50/50 you post youtube videos and he didnt remove them, but other sites he removed

Sgt_Church
29 Jul 2009, 11:06am
It was a youtube video, im not going to say which one because I dont like getting flamed, but I kinda understand if its an external site besides youtube, which can be illegal, but if it is on youtube its already copyright protected, BTW Metal, I LOVE UR AVATAR!!!

Ganzta
29 Jul 2009, 11:08am
get off the chat box, tired of seeing your name on there

Mystique
29 Jul 2009, 11:14am
It's a chat box, not a "post your youtube links" box....

Metal
29 Jul 2009, 11:17am
so, youtube links in chatbox bad, youtube links in forums gooD?

Sgt_Church
29 Jul 2009, 11:30am
Thats what im saying Fullmetal, Ive seen dosens of youtube links in "What are you listening to now" Thread, and it kinda pisses me off that Im apparently not allowed to use them in the chatbox, because less than 5 minitures later, Highshy posted a little note there in its place saying "Do not post copyrighted TV series in the chatbox" As if music doesnt have copyrights too. >:(

BTW Ganzta, your post has no point in this thread.

Metal
29 Jul 2009, 11:33am
Can we please have a higher up to solve this and give us a rule if it bannable or w/e

SpikedRocker
29 Jul 2009, 05:26pm
Just don't post videos in chatbox please, they take up a bunch of room and if a bunch of people are chatting on it they don't care to see your video. Even with posts, expecially with tv show segments, those probably won't last long with youtube and they'll take them down and then if you posted it on the forum and people try to see it they'll flame you for failing on posting a video.

Sgt_Church
29 Jul 2009, 07:31pm
The segments have been uploaded for 3 years, it has been an approved version for the public uploaded by somebody, and im not sure why my link was removed for copyright, yet the other 10 or so were not. (Music and such)

Danny G
29 Jul 2009, 07:48pm
get off the chat box, tired of seeing your name on there

Ask him nicely to get off the chat box and don't say it as a dick? If you've already told him that or someone else has and he hasn't got off when it is a serious situation then ok, but otherwise ask him nicely.