PDA

View Full Version : Button spam question

kaitlyn789
27 Jul 2009, 10:50am
Hey,I was wondering how many times u can spam the button as a T on DR becuse ive seen people do 2,3 times sometimes and people say button spam even win they do it 2 times so im like hmmm....how many times can u push it or is it on certan traps u can becuse i got called spaming for doin it 2 times but on another trap i did 2 times in a row like 3 sec apart and it was spaming and im like wtf is spaming?!?!?! =S lol

But,lets say there is a AFK and everyone is dead sept him and he runs through.BUT u pressed all of traps tho,and he went through and u pressed traps on him,is that considerd trap spaming or...?

And one last question

are any type of scripts allowed on DR?"i dont script or use them just wondering"

Huwajux
27 Jul 2009, 11:17am
You can hit trap buttons as much as you want, so long as there is a time gap between presses where the terrorists can run past. For example, if there was a trap which made a bunch of explosions and was impossible to dodge, then that would require a sacrifice. If you were able to hit this trap again and again without there being a certain lapse in time between presses, then the Cts would be unable to get by.

There are a few traps like these, and we discourage spamming them. However if people complain that you are spamming the traps, when it's just them being slow, then ignore them.

The only real 'script' that we allow is binding jump to the mwheel to make bunnyhopping easier. However, we do not allow the circle-jump bind and the fps_max 30 commands, as this creates an unfair advantage towards the terrorists and leads to people leaping through traps with relative ease.

MPQC
27 Jul 2009, 11:48am
All the maps that it's an instant kill, and can be spammed, are removed. You only get the ones that aren't guaranteed to kill now. (Such as sonic.) You can spam all you want.

kaitlyn789
27 Jul 2009, 05:59pm
Wat about on sonic win the like sqaure things go back n forth can u spam that or like wait a sertan period of time then press it agin..?

if u know wat trap im talking about

Metal
27 Jul 2009, 07:38pm
Wat about on sonic win the like sqaure things go back n forth can u spam that or like wait a sertan period of time then press it agin..?

if u know wat trap im talking about

Its the 2nd or 3rd trap

MPQC
28 Jul 2009, 04:50am
It's the third trap. And I say it's fair game to spam it. I can usually easily get past that trap. I've seen some admins not allow it to be spammed, so I think it depends which admins are on at the time.