PDA

View Full Version : Help: Map Crashes!

Prez
27 Jul 2009, 12:01am
Hello, I'm new here, and I have a question regarding the state of a map that I was, ironically, working on for submission to SG.

Well, it's a minigame map, with, so far, a climb portion, bhop, and a custom portion. I was using a point_servercommand, as Olli3 (SG Regular I believe), had suggested to me. It was programmed so that when the map started, a trigger_multiple was placed inside the spawn area, and it went: Trigger_Multiple > OnTrigger > Servercommand1 > Command > Sv_Airaccelerate *** (Can't Remember it).

It also had it so when you went to each specific gametype, it had another trigger commanding chat in the console, like "Bhop to the end!" or "Climb to the top!" Etc.

Trigger_Multiple > OnTrigger > Servercommand1 > Command > say *** Bhop to the top! ***

I had realized that the * was causing a problem when I tried to load the map again in hammer. It gave me the error:

Error: Unexpected symbol "*" found.

Or something like that. Anyways, I loaded the .vmf in Notepad++, found the * characters, and deleted them. When I tried loading it again, it gave me this:

Error, line 17732 (est.) : Unexpected End of File

Hammer then proceeds to crash. This is where I am now. I am stuck.

Here are the last 7 lines:

}
cordon
{
"mins" "(-1024 -1024 -1024)"
"maxs" "(1024 1024 1024)"
"active" "0"
}
*blank*

There's a blank line at the end, as normal. (I put a blank to show it).

I can upload an entire copy of the .vmf file on request.

So, I am stuck.. would anyone be able to offer a little help on this?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
[JM*] Shadow

http://xs141.xs.to/xs141/09311/shadowsig146.png

XeNo
27 Jul 2009, 01:36am
Shadow;248717']Hello, I'm new here, and I have a question regarding the state of a map that I was, ironically, working on for submission to SG.

Well, it's a minigame map, with, so far, a climb portion, bhop, and a custom portion. I was using a point_servercommand, as Olli3 (SG Regular I believe), had suggested to me. It was programmed so that when the map started, a trigger_multiple was placed inside the spawn area, and it went: Trigger_Multiple > OnTrigger > Servercommand1 > Command > Sv_Airaccelerate *** (Can't Remember it).

It also had it so when you went to each specific gametype, it had another trigger commanding chat in the console, like "Bhop to the end!" or "Climb to the top!" Etc.

Trigger_Multiple > OnTrigger > Servercommand1 > Command > say *** Bhop to the top! ***

I had realized that the * was causing a problem when I tried to load the map again in hammer. It gave me the error:

Error: Unexpected symbol "*" found.

Or something like that. Anyways, I loaded the .vmf in Notepad++, found the * characters, and deleted them. When I tried loading it again, it gave me this:

Hammer then proceeds to crash. This is where I am now. I am stuck.

}
cordon
{
"active" "0"
}
*blank*

There's a blank line at the end, as normal. (I put a blank to show it).

I can upload an entire copy of the .vmf file on request.

So, I am stuck.. would anyone be able to offer a little help on this?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
[JM*] Shadow

http://xs141.xs.to/xs141/09311/shadowsig146.png
It's due to you trying to execute a command with * as the command. And deleting all the *'s in the .vmf probably causes it to crash cause something in the code uses it or something...

Either you messed up one of your servercommands or something else is the problem.

If you can get your .vmf to load, post it here and I'll look at it for you.

Svendy
27 Jul 2009, 08:38am
Shadow;248717']

}
cordon
{
"active" "0"
}
*blank*

if this is what the part looks like:

}
cordon
{
"active" "0"
}

you need one more '}' at the end

Bob Loblaw
27 Jul 2009, 11:54am
Asterisks in the servercommand (when using say *** BHOP TO THE TOP ***) should be fine. I've seen countless people use it before. I think you just had an asterisk in the name of your map or something.. Ultimately the asterisk in the servercommand probably wasn't the problem, and as XeNo said, deleting all of them in notepad would screw up a lot of other things :S

XeNo
28 Jul 2009, 12:01am
if this is what the part looks like:

}
cordon
{
"active" "0"
}

you need one more '}' at the end
That's scripting, this is mapping.

Svendy
28 Jul 2009, 08:35am
Shadow;248717']

That's scripting, this is mapping.

...?

Prez
29 Jul 2009, 09:04pm
still nothing.. scoutkiller tried to help me, no luck. ):

Bob Loblaw
30 Jul 2009, 03:10pm
Try just copying and pasting everything in the map into a new file..

XeNo
30 Jul 2009, 04:15pm
Honestly, post the .vmf here.

It'd be a lot easier for anyone to help.

HankTheTank
30 Jul 2009, 05:32pm
http://www.interlopers.net/errors/index.php

Use that. Instead of copying it here, do it there.

It will tell you most of what you need to know.

Bob Loblaw
30 Jul 2009, 06:45pm
Yeah, use hanks compile log checker, if that doesnt work try copying to new file, if that doesnt work upload the vmf here.