PDA

View Full Version : [Added] ze_lotr_mines_of_moria_v5

Hannibal[SPA]
26 Jul 2009, 06:56pm
I'm the author of LOTR maps, I didn't make a v5. I downloaded it and it's the SAME as v4_3. You can't change the name of the map, some people is asking me why this server has a v5. The only you need to see that it is NOT a version made by the real author, it's the name of the maps:
ze_LOTR_Mines_Of_Moria_v4
ze_LOTR_Mines_Of_Moria_v4_3
ze_lotr_mines_of_moria_v5

Last version is ze_LOTR_Mines_Of_Moria_v4_3 like the ppl say at this post:
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21943

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/92869 I uploaded it few days ago.

Thanks.
(shit I just saw' please DO NOT use the "New Thread" button to post a map suggestion or removal. Instead, click here to post your map suggestion. If you want a map removed click here. '. Sorry)

ZaN1993
26 Jul 2009, 08:56pm
people got missing map when they joined server with the name of the map thats why they called it v5

*Queen VenomousFate*
27 Jul 2009, 01:29am
Added.

Paul
27 Jul 2009, 03:16am
The only reason I added it under v5 or whatever was because we allreayd had a v4_3 on the server from a few months back.

Players would get the error 'map differs from server' if I had uploaded it with the same file name.

Drox
27 Jul 2009, 04:12am
well it seems that it didnt fix the physics issue, since stuff is bouncing around on our escape server atm.

Paul
27 Jul 2009, 04:21am
well it seems that it didnt fix the physics issue, since stuff is bouncing around on our escape server atm.

I believe that is because its running the older version of it v4_3 which was allready on the server ages ago. Ill change it back to v5 once i get access to the server.

Drox
27 Jul 2009, 04:23am
I believe that is because its running the older version of it v4_3 which was allready on the server ages ago. Ill change it back to v5 once i get access to the server.

kk sounds good then

Jaffa
27 Jul 2009, 04:28am
delete the old .bsp

Hannibal[SPA]
27 Jul 2009, 05:08am
The v5 is the same as v4_3 :/ It has no sense that the v5 works fine and the v4_3 doesn't work, size of v4_3: 32.385 kb, size of v5: 32.385 kb , the only different is the name. Anyway i'm compiling another one for servers with zspawn (teleport the people to the next zone instead of kill)

Paul
27 Jul 2009, 05:11am
;248887']The v5 is the same as v4_3 :/ It has no sense that the v5 works fine and the v4_3 doesn't work, size of v4_3: 32.385 kb, size of v5: 32.385 kb , the only different is the name. Anyway i'm compiling another one for servers with zspawn (teleport the people to the next zone instead of kill)

Well just played both of them now both v4_3 and v5 that we renamed. They both glitched the physics straight after a reboot.

Hannibal[SPA]
27 Jul 2009, 06:30am
This is the only server I know with the physics problem, I can't do anything.
Mount Doom has the same entities (the light) and it hasn't the physics problem here :/

*Queen VenomousFate*
27 Jul 2009, 12:49pm
;248909']This is the only server I know with the physics problem, I can't do anything.
Mount Doom has the same entities (the light) and it hasn't the physics problem here :/

Would it be possible to just completely remove elements to see if they are causing the problem? I love your maps, but unfortunatly they can't stay on our servers if they ruin every other map.

LVG
27 Jul 2009, 01:55pm
Would it be possible to just completely remove elements to see if they are causing the problem? I love your maps, but unfortunatly they can't stay on our servers if they ruin every other map.

You broke it mate was working fine until you replaced it with a old one :thumb:

Hannibal[SPA]
27 Jul 2009, 06:39pm
One thing, the problem you are talking about, is the bouncy physics? This problem was fixed in every server, but not here, and LVG, v5 == v4_3 .
The bouncy physics is a bug of source engine, the firsts versions of Moria and Mount had it, I tested they in lan, throwing and picking the ring/staffs/light (if you throw and pick only 4 times the physics will crash) , but then I made the v4_3, the problem was fixed (I throw and pick the items like 300 times), I received pm from many sites of admins saying that the problem was fixed; this server has a special physics config, I see it, the props block the people (preventing stuck).
Mount Doom has no problem???

Zargotelc
27 Jul 2009, 06:58pm
As far as I can tell Mt. doom has no problem. But this Moria map has the problem...(although I didn't see any issues when I played the maps this weekend)

*Queen VenomousFate*
27 Jul 2009, 08:34pm
You broke it mate was working fine until you replaced it with a old one :thumb:

My TAs told me that both the new and old are broken.

Hannibal[SPA]
3 Aug 2009, 01:16pm
This is important, please reply as soon as possible, does this server have sv_turbophysics 0 ??? I think that it can solve the bouncing problem.

Edit: forget it. But there are some servers that never suffers the crash, please, send me the config to compare with the i3D config (this bug never happens at i3d servers)

Xtrm
3 Aug 2009, 04:24pm
No, no, no, no, no, no!

Please remove them. I love them, but the fact that these are the ONLY maps that are ever played on the server.

*Queen VenomousFate*
3 Aug 2009, 09:25pm
;254864']This is important, please reply as soon as possible, does this server have sv_turbophysics 0 ??? I think that it can solve the bouncing problem.

Edit: forget it. But there are some servers that never suffers the crash, please, send me the config to compare with the i3D config (this bug never happens at i3d servers)

Message TCP-Kill or Svendy, I do not have access to our configs. And If I did I don't want to know about it. It is just one more thing I can mess up.

Haggard
3 Aug 2009, 11:28pm
The server does have turbophysics set to 0 which is a must for our escape servers and I would assume all others. That is the only way you can ride on boats and fly helicopters. Other then that we do nothing special. I think we might run a script once in a while to enable and disable no block but don't know if that has anything to do with this issue. Thank you for your input and I must say your maps are GREATS, keep up the good work.

sv_turbophysics 0

Hannibal[SPA]
4 Aug 2009, 03:58am
Well, I read that sv_turbophysics 1 solve the problem, I analize the servers, your server has the problem, and it has sv_turbophysics 0, the lotr server, i3D, and another server doesn't suffer the bug, and they have sv_turbophysics 1. We can do 2 things: 1.- put a config for lotr maps or maps with items (Star Wars can has the problem also) with sv_turbophyscis 1. 2.- I can put a command in my map enabling sv_turbophysics (but this means another version, I think the people is tired of new versions).

Tcp-Kill
4 Aug 2009, 08:10am
;255450']Well, I read that sv_turbophysics 1 solve the problem, I analize the servers, your server has the problem, and it has sv_turbophysics 0, the lotr server, i3D, and another server doesn't suffer the bug, and they have sv_turbophysics 1. We can do 2 things: 1.- put a config for lotr maps or maps with items (Star Wars can has the problem also) with sv_turbophyscis 1. 2.- I can put a command in my map enabling sv_turbophysics (but this means another version, I think the people is tired of new versions).

Thanks for your help, i will some time later today create some configs.

b0red
4 Aug 2009, 08:46am
i dislike this map. just because it is so over played, but it is a amazing map!

Zargotelc
4 Aug 2009, 09:22am
i dislike this map. just because it is so over played, but it is a amazing map!

If it makes you feel any better, if the map were removed we'd just play another over played map.

There shouldn't be any complaints about overplayed maps. We played overplayed maps before the LOTR maps were on server and no one complained, yet when LOTR maps come all of a sudden there's this surge of complaints about overplayed maps.

Stevee
4 Aug 2009, 04:23pm
Hannibal Thanks For Helping!
I really wanna see this map work!

Jazz
6 Aug 2009, 08:57am
Does LOTR Mount Doom mess up physic's?

Tcp-Kill
6 Aug 2009, 09:06am
Nope, physics are fine now.

*Queen VenomousFate*
6 Aug 2009, 03:28pm