PDA

View Full Version : Obama eats his words!

RedOctober
24 Jul 2009, 10:07pm
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2447761120090724?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

President Obama took back his statement about the Cambridge police officer who arrested a black Professor, Louis Gates, because he was suspected to be breaking into a home. Obama was accused of "pulling the race card" to help repair the image of the black friend.

my guess is that the white house made Obama pull some damage control and take back what he said... any thoughts?

GrayFox
24 Jul 2009, 10:19pm
Of course he took them back, because he knew that all he should have said was "I don't know much about this case. Gates is a friend of mine and I'll be looking to investigate more into it." Thats all that was needed to be said before he blindly accused the police of being "stupid."

Caution
24 Jul 2009, 10:27pm
He was all over the place the other night. I don't consider myself to be politically dumb, but I could barely understand a thing he said regarding health care.

Italian Jew
25 Jul 2009, 12:16am
He said he didn't know whether race played a part or not, but the actions of the police were stupid. He then went on about how it was a bad situation made worse by the actions of both parties involved, so I think he meant to say that the incident was a stupid one to be had.

Ah well, just another week in a 24 hour news cycle. Gotta have something to show besides what some podunk town is doing to handle an overpopulation of squirrels.

Shadowex3
25 Jul 2009, 10:44am
He said he didn't know whether race played a part or not, but the actions of the police were stupid. He then went on about how it was a bad situation made worse by the actions of both parties involved, so I think he meant to say that the incident was a stupid one to be had.

^^^ This. But because he's Obama everyone on EITHER side is blowing everything he's said waaaay out of proportion.

Drox
25 Jul 2009, 11:11am
This issue isnt even that big, I think both sides are acting like girl scouts.

b0red
25 Jul 2009, 11:23am
You can take the Man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the man. But i am happy to see he apologized about what he said, he acted very "stupidly" if he would say so himself

Blank
25 Jul 2009, 11:40am
But i am happy to see he apologized about what he said, he acted very "stupidly" if he would say so himself

He didn't apoligize, and I don't think he ever will. He said. "I could have calibrated those words differently."

He said he didn't know whether race played a part or not

This is pop journalism 101. All he needed to say was the word "race" and that is all that 90% of the population heard.

Flick
25 Jul 2009, 01:44pm
after the cop arrested the guy he asked him if he wanted someone to lock his house back up for him then gates said no it had been broken into before and the lock was broken why would he break into his own house if the front door was already unlocked?

GrayFox
25 Jul 2009, 01:58pm
after the cop arrested the guy he asked him if he wanted someone to lock his house back up for him then gates said no it had been broken into before and the lock was broken why would he break into his own house if the front door was already unlocked?

He did break into his house, I don't know how, but he had forgotten his key and got in by forcing the door.

Jazz
25 Jul 2009, 02:55pm
"Black people are sensibel to these incidents"

PotshotPolka
25 Jul 2009, 03:04pm
lol, PC.

RedOctober
25 Jul 2009, 08:11pm
He did break into his house, I don't know how, but he had forgotten his key and got in by forcing the door.

they said the cops received a tip that it looked like a black man was breaking into a house. It really was just Mr. Gates trying to get into his house because his door was jammed. The call properly came from someone just driving buy and all they saw was a black guy trying to get into a $1,000,000 home by forcing the door in.

it was racial profiling and that is why Obama was upset.

GrayFox
25 Jul 2009, 10:56pm
they said the cops received a tip that it looked like a black man was breaking into a house. It really was just Mr. Gates trying to get into his house because his door was jammed. The call properly came from someone just driving buy and all they saw was a black guy trying to get into a $1,000,000 home by forcing the door in.

it was racial profiling and that is why Obama was upset.

Really? Shows what you know because the call came from a NEIGHBOR who was concerned someone was trying to break into their neighbors house. The police have a duty to respond to that call, and they went into that house fearing the worst, that someone had broken into the house and was dangerous. Then while the cops were doing their job, Gates was accusing the cop of racial profiling when he was only doing his job.

Drox
26 Jul 2009, 11:03am
Really? Shows what you know because the call came from a NEIGHBOR who was concerned someone was trying to break into their neighbors house. The police have a duty to respond to that call, and they went into that house fearing the worst, that someone had broken into the house and was dangerous. Then while the cops were doing their job, Gates was accusing the cop of racial profiling when he was only doing his job.

Also to add to that, according to the police report Gates was saying some fucked up shit to the cops almost like taunting them. So he ended up being arrested for disorderly conduct, the police officer didnt arrest him because he was black, he arrest him because he was acting like a jackass in front of everyone in the middle of the night.

RedOctober
26 Jul 2009, 12:48pm

im not dissing the cop. my father is a police officer and he has to deal with people acting like Gates did on a daily basis. The cop just wanted to get Gates down to the station. A disorderly conduct arrest is just a tool cops use to arrest someone when they really have no other viable reason to detain them.

(and dont u think its kinda sad that your own neighbor doesn't recognize you. i at least now everyone on my block)

Red
27 Jul 2009, 01:58pm
Obama won't apologize for himself, only America.

GrayFox
27 Jul 2009, 02:06pm
Police call is out: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/20191253/index.html

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/20190228/detail.html

Red
27 Jul 2009, 02:08pm
Police call is out: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/20191253/index.html

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/20190228/detail.html

I was just about to post these.

RACE is NEVER Mentioned by the caller, the 911 operator is the first to bring it up.

Cop was respectful from the start. Obama needs to fucking apologize outright.