PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] dr_nintendo

Xtrm
23 Jul 2009, 02:59am
If you've seen my ze_mall_escape thread you can see that I've been attempting to work on it. But I have officially ran out of ideas for it. Or well, I know where I want to go, but I just can't get it right. So I've officially postponed the map and started development for my new map...

And since deathrun is my favorite SG server I wish to contribute to it. I've been watching a lot of LP (Let's Play) on YouTube. And most of these players play Nintendo games. So I have come up with some fun ideas for a map. So here we go for potentially the funnest deathrun map.

dr_nintendo

Total time: - Still in development. I am currently thinking of the traps and downloading materials I will need. (Also I need to figure out how to convert G-Mod models to Source SDK models.)

Map concept: Players run through traps based upon Nintendo characters and games.

Complete percent: 0%

Map plans: I have currently thought of some trap characters to incorporate.

- Mario
- Princess Peach
- Toad
- Bowser
- Boo
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- Kirby
- King Dedede
- Pikachu
- Donkey Kong
- King K. Rool
- Fox
- Yoshi
- Samus
- Pikmin

I may or may not use all of these. I do know the ones I will be using 100% and those ones are underlined. However, I am not sure what the traps will do. Feel free to post suggestions.

Screenshots: COMING SOON...

WIP Link: N/A.

Programs:
- Hammer Editor
- Photoshop & Gimp (Creating custom textures.)
- Blender (Creating custom models (Still learning about...))
- VTF Edit (This has something to do with custom models...)

Map made by: Xtrm

Keep checking back for updates.

JoniX
23 Jul 2009, 08:32am
Total time: - Still in development. I am currently thinking of the traps and downloading materials I will need. (Also I need to figure out how to convert G-Mod models to Source SDK models.) Umm you dont have to convert them

HankTheTank
23 Jul 2009, 10:17am
Man, are you sure you want to take this on as your first map..

Modeling is super difficult, I've been mapping for close to a year and a half.. and i still can't model.

Whazaaaaa
23 Jul 2009, 10:44am
I would love to play that one i'm a player who plays alot on deathrun server :D
(i'm Whazaaaa)
but Hank he said he would get models from g-mod and not make them by them self :D

DrZomby
23 Jul 2009, 12:15pm
garrysmod is always a good spot to get models..but the problem is, sometime the models is that u have to port them or w\e. but i hope u have fun with this. just a thought, for the mario part, why dont u make it so the player has to jump over turtle that are about like.....idk, knee high?

b0red
23 Jul 2009, 12:59pm
Sweeeeet i look forward to playing on it

JoniX
23 Jul 2009, 01:26pm
I would love to play that one i'm a player who plays alot on deathrun server :D
(i'm Whazaaaa)
but Hank he said he would get models from g-mod and not make them by them self :D

Programs:
- Hammer Editor
- Photoshop & Gimp (Creating custom textures.)
- Blender (Creating custom models (Still learning about...))
- VTF Edit (This has something to do with custom models...) :)

Ive tried Blender but only thing i could do was furry ball and stickdude

Xtrm
23 Jul 2009, 03:43pm
Umm you dont have to convert them
Then how come they crash SDK every time I try to make an entity?

Man, are you sure you want to take this on as your first map..

Modeling is super difficult, I've been mapping for close to a year and a half.. and i still can't model.
Eh most of the models I'm gonna use are pre-made. So I won't have to do too much. Maybe just an edit or two.

garrysmod is always a good spot to get models..but the problem is, sometime the models is that u have to port them or w\e.
:confused1:...

Stevee
23 Jul 2009, 05:16pm
..Good Luck!

Whazaaaaa
23 Jul 2009, 05:24pm
He needs it :D

JoniX
23 Jul 2009, 06:01pm
Then how come they crash SDK every time I try to make an entity?

Eh most of the models I'm gonna use are pre-made. So I won't have to do too much. Maybe just an edit or two.

:confused1:...
Where do you get those?

Xtrm
23 Jul 2009, 06:37pm
Where do you get those?
http://www.fpsbanana.com/models
http://www.facepunch.com/

But for some reason they crash SDK.

JoniX
24 Jul 2009, 01:52pm
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/ Try to search here

Mcbride