PDA

View Full Version : SG Map Creators

Third
22 Jul 2009, 01:58pm
Hey!

Basically I want to know who can make maps and who is prepared to attempt an idea :D
Lemme know :P

Xtrm
22 Jul 2009, 03:04pm
I'm just getting into mapping but I might be able to.

(If anything PM Paul.)

Spartan
22 Jul 2009, 03:17pm
I dont think Paul is mapping atm. Hes working, and after that hes making a map with me.

HankTheTank
22 Jul 2009, 03:55pm
I can map. Depending on what your idea is.

Strife
22 Jul 2009, 04:42pm
havent used hammer in a while but i can Map

Might take me a week to get back into hammer etc

Third
22 Jul 2009, 05:56pm
Ok the idea is to create a new prison break map.

A bit like the real Alcatraz...
An island in the middle of the sea with a prison on it.

But in this prisoners will be able to escape to drivable boats & a helicopter on a launch pad.
Something with Vents and tunnels from cells and other areas.

Toilets, Café area, court yard, outer wall & inner walls, Sniper towers, search lights, a gym and pool with locker rooms. Various things...

So what ya think :D

Game Freak
22 Jul 2009, 07:06pm
I havnt used hammer in ages but day/night

can you go in more detail

XeNo
22 Jul 2009, 11:32pm
Ok the idea is to create a new prison break map.

A bit like the real Alcatraz...
An island in the middle of the sea with a prison on it.

But in this prisoners will be able to escape to drivable boats & a helicopter on a launch pad.
Something with Vents and tunnels from cells and other areas.

Toilets, Café area, court yard, outer wall & inner walls, Sniper towers, search lights, a gym and pool with locker rooms. Various things...

So what ya think :D
I had an idea for this back in the day, however, I cannot seem to ever make it work in every scenario.

CT's can just camp the exit and kill all prisoners as they try to escape.

Edit: Although, I do plan on making a PB map sometime soonish...I stopped mapping for awhile.

HankTheTank
23 Jul 2009, 12:52am
I love the idea. Just a few suggestions to it, though.

Instead of driveable boats.. Can it just be tracktrain boats. Drivable boats are glitchy and can be screwed over easily. (as in one ct can like flip it)

Also, are there going to be more than one exit?

Xtrm
23 Jul 2009, 02:09am
Hmm very good idea. I have currently postponed my ze_mall_escape map to work on a secret project. But I may work on this after I finish it.

XeNo
23 Jul 2009, 05:24am
I really don't see what stops the CT's from just camping the boat/whatever escape point and killing all T's as they try to escape...CT's already camp on PB maps anyways.

Third
23 Jul 2009, 07:41am
Multiple Exits.
The idea is that they can camp. In a normal prison irl you will have guards on towers etc...
But have blind spots for T's to move in and out of.

Boats on rails... not too bothered what ever is easier. Helicopter is a definite thing I want to see.
Like there is a prison managers office with stairs to a heli pad or something.

Best way forward is for like a group of people to work on the project.
Get everyone in the group to submit their ideas and then put them in to affect.

Game Freak
23 Jul 2009, 08:11am
I have an idea can we make like

You have the directors office and there should be a secret button to open a door to the heli pad

imma go sketch O.o havnt said that in ages

XeNo
23 Jul 2009, 12:36pm
Multiple Exits.
The idea is that they can camp. In a normal prison irl you will have guards on towers etc...
But have blind spots for T's to move in and out of.

Boats on rails... not too bothered what ever is easier. Helicopter is a definite thing I want to see.
Like there is a prison managers office with stairs to a heli pad or something.

Best way forward is for like a group of people to work on the project.
Get everyone in the group to submit their ideas and then put them in to affect.
How is this anything like a prison break map then?

CT's get to camp towers, then they'll just camp the office that leads to helipad or the helipad, and they camp armory. It's a CT camp fest with no role playing of 'guard the terrorists' at all, it's just 'guard the exits, and armory so they don't get guns'. All the exits will be kill on sight areas if a T gets anywhere close so there's really no point.

I can really only see this map doing well if it's made into some kind of reg css map where T's already had guns and CT's would randomly spawn about the map in areas like a tower with an awp, the office to the heli with ak's/m4's/para's ect to hold T's off from getting to them.

JoniX
23 Jul 2009, 01:29pm

CT's get to camp towers, then they'll just camp the office that leads to helipad or the helipad, and they camp armory. It's a CT camp fest with no role playing of 'guard the terrorists' at all, it's just 'guard the exits, and armory so they don't get guns'. All the exits will be kill on sight areas if a T gets anywhere close so there's really no point.

I can really only see this map doing well if it's made into some kind of reg css map where T's already had guns and CT's would randomly spawn about the map in areas like a tower with an awp, the office to the heli with ak's/m4's/para's ect to hold T's off from getting to them.
MG_escapealcatrazprison

Game Freak
23 Jul 2009, 01:58pm
I was thinking of something like that no armory

We wil figure stuff out

EDIT : for those who think that camping will be a problem i got a solution

T's CAN BLOW SHIT UP

Dante
23 Jul 2009, 09:39pm

Actually, that is what a prison is like. The guards guard the exits preventing escape. They don't actually come into contact unless they're transporting the prisoners.

And Third, i love the idea, if i had any idea how to use hammer I'd be on that shit like white on rye.

XeNo
24 Jul 2009, 12:04am
Actually, that is what a prison is like. The guards guard the exits preventing escape. They don't actually come into contact unless they're transporting the prisoners.

And Third, i love the idea, if i had any idea how to use hammer I'd be on that shit like white on rye.
While that is true, in a prison there's only one spot with weapons, and in CS:S, when you're against an army of T's with maybe one or two pistols, rest all knives, you're going to camp the room with all the weapons and just leave like two CT's watching the exits lol.

Stevee
24 Jul 2009, 03:09am
MG_escapealcatrazprison

Hmm , Jonix , That would be cool.

Game Freak
24 Jul 2009, 12:01pm
I just let the Ts blow the tower up if they want even the weapons
but it wont be ezy

and ofcourse CELLBLOCK D it said ghosts and screams and blabla are like yeknow

but i am just making it even worse yes A RICKROLLROOM

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
24 Jul 2009, 02:29pm
learn hammer and do it yourself, it does not have to be hard. its kinda like working with legos, but you shape your own lego blocks. google it man, its not that hard to get into. and its prlly the only way you will see your idea happen.

edit: the only real hard part is optimizing, and if you shape your map right, it should not be to much of a problem.

Game Freak
24 Jul 2009, 02:41pm
I know Dude im stil sketching couse i dont want it to be like that other map where they just camp outside