PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this image?

Italian Jew
21 Jul 2009, 10:39pm
This is a serious question, as I know some of you are easily miffed at certain images or you have personal vendettas against certain members. I want to know what is wrong with this image that it is not appropriate for the forums. If enough people decide on an answer with legitimate reasoning, I will gladly change or remove the image.

A. The message
B. The gore
C. The fact that Dracula used it
D. There is nothing wrong with this image

:usa2:

GrayFox
21 Jul 2009, 10:41pm
Its alittle gory, but its so blurry that you can't even really see anything, I see nothing wrong.

matt 187
21 Jul 2009, 10:42pm
What is wrong with this image?

red hat+army pants = Wrong

raven maniac
21 Jul 2009, 10:47pm
Italian, I understand you're trying to bring Drac back to the forums but he's been given his 3 chances & after I banned him warning him about being a douchebag he comes back and does the same shit.

Just because he's been around for awhile doesn't give him the right to flame every person that comes to the forums.

Regarding the picture, It's gory but is blurry. The fact is he thought that he could go right back to his old ways which isn't going to happen.

He can still play on the servers & use the vent, so chill the fuck out Italian. You have a bad habit of trying to instigate after shit happens....like this thread.

Italian Jew
21 Jul 2009, 10:51pm
The fact is he thought that he could go right back to his old ways which isn't going to happen.

A lot of stuff he is involved with is also caused by other people instigating him, yet those people don't get punished.

You have a bad habit of trying to instigate after shit happens....like this thread.

Just showing that there are still double standards in action here.

EDIT: Seeing as how the image was removed and so was my avatar, is it blacklisted?

raven maniac
21 Jul 2009, 10:57pm
A lot of stuff he is involved with is also caused by other people instigating him, yet those people don't get punished.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21676

Where was he instigated in this post, ever? He makes his own decisions to join in on flaming/raging other players. He's a big boy, let him take responsibility for his own actions yeah?

Just showing that there are still double standards in action here.

No, it actually applies to everyone not just certain people.

Italian Jew
21 Jul 2009, 11:05pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21676

Where was he instigated in this post, ever? He makes his own decisions to join in on flaming/raging other players. He's a big boy, let him take responsibility for his own actions yeah?

My statement also applies to most of his previous "fights" he gets into.

Also, he obviously got harassed enough to remove the image he posted.

Agreed. Stupid ass thread. Lock Pl0x!

I am very very sorry but... YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN DENIED

Making a thread regarding your ban was very stupid. You were unbanned, and have a week to do real life shit. Now stop posting stupid shit before I change my mind.

Other posts have been edited, so I don't know what they were saying, but if you allow these kind of posts, why only punish Dracula?

No, it actually applies to everyone not just certain people.

It depends on how many officers and admins like you.

raven maniac
21 Jul 2009, 11:14pm
Other posts have been edited, so I don't know what they were saying, but if you allow these kind of posts, why only punish Dracula?

The thread was locked because of the flaming, the other posts I don't see how they can be considered offensive except for maybe Crimson's post. I mean if those 3 quoted posts are bothering you I'll change them seeing as how that those quotes are so very very ignorant, oh my! :twitch:

It depends on how many officers and admins like you.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I've been the same, will be the same, and will not change. The only difference is I forum banned a person you're a friend with so you're slightly bothered by it and are trying to make it look like me receiving BD status changed my ways to make me feel guilty so I'll unban him, sorry Italian but I could care less. I treat everyone the same, regardless of who they are.

The point I'm getting across is if people are going to cross the line and start flaming everyone that attempts to use our forums, then I'll be getting rid of them. We're a community and we're supposed to expand, get used to it.

Bad Dog
21 Jul 2009, 11:32pm
I have not seen the image, I dont request someone POSTS the image, but could I be told where to SEE the image he posted? Too see if he really did deserve a ban Im really interested in this case

matt 187
21 Jul 2009, 11:34pm
I have not seen the image, I dont request someone POSTS the image, but could I be told where to SEE the image he posted? Too see if he really did deserve a ban Im really interested in this case

it's best to stay out of this.

Mystique
21 Jul 2009, 11:37pm

He has been banned, the decision is made. There is no need for u to "review the case", cos it's closed.

The higher ups know when someone is going too far in things, and they can handle themselves good enough without any help.

Italian Jew
21 Jul 2009, 11:37pm
The point I'm getting across is if people are going to cross the line and start flaming everyone that attempts to use our forums, then I'll be getting rid of them. We're a community and we're supposed to expand, get used to it.

What he did was pretty mild compared to what he normally does. Since he got back, I haven't noticed anything that should get him perm banned. His actions were an improvement over his usual antics in the past.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I've been the same, will be the same, and will not change. The only difference is I forum banned a person you're a friend with so you're slightly bothered by it and are trying to make it look like me receiving BD status changed my ways to make me feel guilty so I'll unban him, sorry Italian but I could care less. I treat everyone the same, regardless of who they are.

We barely even talk to each other. I am not doing it because it was Dracula, I am doing it because it was a piss poor decision to ban him on something so light. I have not mentioned anything about you being a BD in my posts.

If anyone wants to see the image, just PM me and I will send it to you.

raven maniac
21 Jul 2009, 11:50pm
What he did was pretty mild compared to what he normally does. Since he got back, I haven't noticed anything that should get him perm banned. His actions were an improvement over his usual antics in the past.

The fact is he needs to not do it at all. I have no problems with Drac, but I just warned him about it a week ago about the same exact thing and gave him a 3-day ban from the forums regarding it.

We barely even talk to each other. I am not doing it because it was Dracula, I am doing it because it was a piss poor decision to ban him on something so light. I have not mentioned anything about you being a BD in my posts.

I know we hardly talk to each other & you haven't said anything about my BD position, I agree and apologize for jumping the gun & reading/taking your post in the wrong way.

It wasn't a piss poor decision because he was just warned for doing the same shit regardless if it is light or heavy, it was proof that he wasn't going to change and that he would be doing the same shit.

I understand you only do this on things that you think are wrong, but you need to realize that Dracula has been warned & banned for the same exact thing before. If I wouldn't have banned him for his actions, then I'd have another group asking about "Double Standards" because I let it slide.

I'm not on any side of the fence with decisions regarding Drac, I'm in the middle, as I am with everyone else.

I enjoyed playing with Drac & I even gave him my version of CoH so he could play with the rest of the group playing it but he has no special immunities, nor does anyone else in this community.

Italian Jew
21 Jul 2009, 11:57pm
The fact is he needs to not do it at all. I have no problems with Drac, but I just warned him about it a week ago about the same exact thing and gave him a 3-day ban from the forums regarding it.

It wasn't a piss poor decision because he was just warned for doing the same shit regardless if it is light or heavy, it was proof that he wasn't going to change and that he would be doing the same shit.

He seemed to be acting consistently throughout the week. Him posting that image and him complaining about a certain group are things he has done for a while, so why is it THIS SPECIFIC instance that did him in when he hadn't been approached about his behavior after you spoke with him?

raven maniac
22 Jul 2009, 12:04am
He seemed to be acting consistently throughout the week. Him posting that image and him complaining about a certain group are things he has done for a while, so why is it THIS SPECIFIC instance that did him in when he hadn't been approached about his behavior after you spoke with him?

He was doing fine for the week until he posted the image and was heading down the same old road again.

He was talked to before, which was his warning. He was banned before which was warning #2. I just recently banned him which was warning #3. Now I just banned him again which is the perm ban after he had already been warned 3x about the SAME exact actions that got him banned before.

I don't see what you're not understanding. We follow the 3strike policy here, it doesn't vary unless someone goes to an extreme. He was given his 3 chances and in-fact given an extra chance by myself, all of which were warnings that he understood.

Why do I have to take time out of what I'm doing to talk to him like a child and explain to him that what he's doing is wrong after every occurrence? I'm not going to baby every person in this community to get them to understand things, no one should. He's old enough to take responsibility for his own actions, as is everyone else in this community.

Italian Jew
22 Jul 2009, 12:11am
An image such as the one he posted should not result in a perm ban, especially if he removed the image after he received a lot of grief from people.

If he was not going to change, why did he remove it? Normally he would keep it there to cause more drama, but he didn't.

Bad Dog
22 Jul 2009, 12:13am
it's best to stay out of this.

No thanks. I saw the pic, I dont question the opinion or descision of the Higher Ups that decided this, I think it is a kinda graphic pic, and i dont think it was appropriate to post it. Thats all I wanna say here

raven maniac
22 Jul 2009, 12:18am
An image such as the one he posted should not result in a perm ban, especially if he removed the image after he received a lot of grief from people.

If he was not going to change, why did he remove it? Normally he would keep it there to cause more drama, but he didn't.

When I issued the ban, the picture was still there. He must have edited the post as I was in the usercp.

You're missing the point, he was banned before for flaming people & just generally being a troll. I perm banned him not only for the picture, but for doing the same shit as before.

The post was also reported, which ends up being an email sent to all higher-ups. If the post is bad enough where someone takes the time to report it and when I check my email hours later the picture is still there, then yes it warrants a ban.

:edit:
Let me put it in a different perspective...

If someone gets banned for racism for 1 week, then they come back to the servers after the week is up and use racism again, but using lighter words, it's still racism and that person will get banned.

Now what you're saying is, basically that person shouldn't get banned because the racism he used wasn't as bad as the one before?

Do you see where I'm coming from now?

Italian Jew
22 Jul 2009, 12:28am
When I issued the ban, the picture was still there. He must have edited the post as I was in the usercp.

He edited his post at 11:07 PM. His last post was at 11:39 pm on another thread. His last post in that thread was at 11:36 PM. Do bans take half an hour to roll through the forum?

I perm banned him not only for the picture, but for doing the same shit as before.

His posts were milder than usual. He was showing more restraint than usual and you cannot expect him to completely shun off from what he does when other people say the same things and nothing happens. It may be the frequency in which he says the things, but even if that's the case, he hasn't been doing it as much.

The post was also reported, which ends up being an email sent to all higher-ups. If the post is bad enough where someone takes the time to report it and when I check my email hours later the picture is still there, then yes it warrants a ban.

The post would not have been reported if it wasn't Dracula. If it was anyone else, it would have slid or at least a polite verbal warning would have been given.

According to the poll so far, many people don't think it was bad. It seems to be a minority that views the image as bad, and even if it was deemed to be offensive, the person has the right to remove the image (as was done) if it isn't anything too extreme, such as racism.

EDIT:

:edit:
Let me put it in a different perspective...

If someone gets banned for racism for 1 week, then they come back to the servers after the week is up and use racism again, but using lighter words, it's still racism and that person will get banned.

Now what you're saying is, basically that person shouldn't get banned because the racism he used wasn't as bad as the one before?

Do you see where I'm coming from now?

His actions were not as serious as racism. His actions are similar to the actions of many members in the forum, not to the extreme as is racism.

GrayFox
22 Jul 2009, 12:29am
I'm gonna have to agree with Raven here, everytime I saw one of Drac's posts it seemed to be a flaming one. Even when he edited the picture, he still had to let us all know we were beneath him:

Edited for sensitive fags.

And then just other flame threads i.e. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=244482#post244482

See I was going to come help you with the retards already posting in this thread untill I saw how crappy the site was.

The point wasn't that the picture was the worst thing in the world, its that Drac was walking on a tight rope and he pushed it too far. If someone really wanted to stay here, they would have played it safe

Italian Jew
22 Jul 2009, 12:37am
I'm gonna have to agree with Raven here, everytime I saw one of Drac's posts it seemed to be a flaming one. Even when he edited the picture, he still had to let us all know we were beneath him:

And then just other flame threads i.e. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=244482#post244482

He was harassed to a certain extent by certain members. His buttons were being pushed by one person or many, so encouraging him to fight back to get him banned is justifiable?

I've called people retards on the internet. Everyone has. Nobody can call anyone any names on the forum anymore if that is how you are going to label a complete flame going on.

raven maniac
22 Jul 2009, 12:45am
He edited his post at 11:07 PM. His last post was at 11:39 pm on another thread. His last post in that thread was at 11:36 PM. Do bans take half an hour to roll through the forum?

I guess when you check the reported post it saves a picture of the reported post and sends the link to your email instead of actually linking you to the most recent time.

His posts were milder than usual. He was showing more restraint than usual and you cannot expect him to completely shun off from what he does when other people say the same things and nothing happens. It may be the frequency in which he says the things, but even if that's the case, he hasn't been doing it as much.

I can agree with this, you do have a point here.

The post would not have been reported if it wasn't Dracula. If it was anyone else, it would have slid or at least a polite verbal warning would have been given.

According to the poll so far, many people don't think it was bad. It seems to be a minority that views the image as bad, and even if it was deemed to be offensive, the person has the right to remove the image (as was done) if it isn't anything too extreme, such as racism.

Agreed.

I honestly think the ban needs to stay because he has been given his chances. IF this was a 1st time offense or even 2nd/3rd I would understand, but it's an everyday occurrence with him Italian.

Danny G
22 Jul 2009, 01:10am
I don't really know this Dracula person, but did he get banned? I see nothin' wrong with this image but anyway I'm not tryin' to protect him or anything, I haven't even been a friend with this Dracula guy but I'm really curious of what reason he got banned for?

Italian Jew
22 Jul 2009, 01:12am
I honestly think the ban needs to stay because he has been given his chances. IF this was a 1st time offense or even 2nd/3rd I would understand, but it's an everyday occurrence with him Italian.

He recognized that if too many people complained about something he did, he would back off. They only did that with the image and he removed it.

The rest of the stuff he posts goes on even without him. Wouldn't he think he is allowed to jest on the forums when others do so? Nobody talked to him about his posts after you had your word with him, so how would he know his posts were not acceptable when others were? If nobody was complaining, were there any problems?

I can guarantee he doesn't throw in a word or two to simply insult someone. He is trying to be funny and joke around like everyone else here. His words are not that bad nor are they to be taken too seriously, much like most other things on the internet. It is just unthinkable to expect someone to behave in such a way that is much more strict than your average member, especially when you have a good section of the community out to "get him" in a way.

He exploded in a much tamer manner than normal when he was fixing the problem, proof that he is working on it. Do you expect him to not do anything when you have others sending him belligerent messages or constantly griefing? He can't reclaim himself if the community isn't willing to accept him in the first. He needs a fairer (more fair?) chance than what he got.

Expecting perfect behavior from anyone in that situation is just going to end up in them getting banned again. Hell, perfect behavior isn't even found on these forums, so why place upon him the burden of acting above what an Admin/AO/BD should?

At the very least, give him a probational period where isn't truly permanently banned. If he acts respectable enough for weeks to months, then he should get that chance to show that even through this, he is good enough to return. If he rages on the servers and tries to "hack you all to hell" as all the real troublemakers do, then that will be the end of it.

raven maniac
22 Jul 2009, 01:13am
I don't really know this Dracula person, but did he get banned? I see nothin' wrong with this image but anyway I'm not tryin' to protect him or anything, I haven't even been a friend with this Dracula guy but I'm really curious of what reason he got banned for?

:doh:

He recognized that if too many people complained about something he did, he would back off. They only did that with the image and he removed it.

The rest of the stuff he posts goes on even without him. Wouldn't he think he is allowed to jest on the forums when others do so? Nobody talked to him about his posts after you had your word with him, so how would he know his posts were not acceptable when others were? If nobody was complaining, were there any problems?

I can guarantee he doesn't throw in a word or two to simply insult someone. He is trying to be funny and joke around like everyone else here. His words are not that bad nor are they to be taken too seriously, much like most other things on the internet. It is just unthinkable to expect someone to behave in such a way that is much more strict than your average member, especially when you have a good section of the community out to "get him" in a way.

He exploded in a much tamer manner than normal when he was fixing the problem, proof that he is working on it. Do you expect him to not do anything when you have others sending him belligerent messages or constantly griefing? He can't reclaim himself if the community isn't willing to accept him in the first. He needs a fairer (more fair?) chance than what he got.

Expecting perfect behavior from anyone in that situation is just going to end up in them getting banned again. Hell, perfect behavior isn't even found on these forums, so why place upon him the burden of acting above what an Admin/AO/BD should?

I don't, nor do I expect him or anyone else to have behavior above what an admin should. I expected him to come back to the forums and make reasonable decisions. There's times when I've made the wrong decisions myself and posted flame material, but I'm always the first to man up and admit my wrongdoings the moment I realize what I've done.

YES, he deleted the picture and that was definitely the right thing to do in his case. I know that he understood he was wrong in the sense that he realized the picture was not needed and removed it, so that would make sense in the fact the was on the road to changing his ways.

I'll tell you what, I'll PM Dracula today on steam when he gets on later and I'll discuss the situation with him. After I talk with him I'll make my decision (which will not be influenced by anyone or anything except on Dracula's conversation with me) on him getting unbanned.

Italian Jew
22 Jul 2009, 01:27am
I'll tell you what, I'll PM Dracula today on steam when he gets on later and I'll discuss the situation with him. After I talk with him I'll make my decision (which will not be influenced by anyone or anything except on Dracula's conversation with me) on him getting unbanned.

Thanks; that is probably the best thing to do in this situation.

Jaffa
22 Jul 2009, 07:56am
He won't last a month without getting banned again. This isn't just only three official warnings, there have been numerous times AOs and others have had to tell him to back off.

I like the guy, but i wasn't suprised at all to see he managed to get banned again.

Itch
22 Jul 2009, 08:34am
I have to agree with Jaffa on this one.. I like Drac and he's fun to play with.

That being said a vast majority of his posts are inflamatory. He's either flaming someone or baiting them to start flame wars. I hope that he pulls it together and is able to get back on the forums.. I just don't see it lasting.

Daze
22 Jul 2009, 09:34am
Weird thing is, I remember Dracula like a year back and he was a really nice and cool guy, I use to play DoD:S with him a few times while he showed me the ropes. I don't know what puts him in such a pissy mood these days?

Bottom line, most of us are sick of babysitting and dealing with the deletion and editing of posts.

Dante
22 Jul 2009, 10:56am
Sorry for butting in, but Why bring him back if he's been warned so many times? 3 strike rule applies to the Forums as well. If he's just going to continue to troll the forums or start flame wars just don't let him back in. I've seen him do this multiple times and I've experienced first hand. Why bring back someone that was such a douche to the whole community? I think its bullshit if he is unbanned, he's been warned enough and the ban should stand where it is.

Trogdor
22 Jul 2009, 11:16am
After I talk with him I'll make my decision (which will not be influenced by anyone or anything except on Dracula's conversation with me) on him getting unbanned.

Sorry for butting in, but Why bring him back if he's been warned so many times? 3 strike rule applies to the Forums as well. If he's just going to continue to troll the forums or start flame wars just don't let him back in. I've seen him do this multiple times and I've experienced first hand. Why bring back someone that was such a douche to the whole community? I think its bullshit if he is unbanned, he's been warned enough and the ban should stand where it is.

No point in arguing or "throwing in your 2 cents" is there, considering it will be based on the conversation between Raven and Drac.

Spliff
22 Jul 2009, 02:43pm
I dont see anything wrong with it. Yet again I have no idea who dracula is :S.

MtrxMn
22 Jul 2009, 05:33pm
Where can we see the picture so we can vote?

Italian Jew
22 Jul 2009, 05:34pm
Where can we see the picture so we can vote?

The situation has been fixed. This thread should be locked.

b0red
22 Jul 2009, 06:26pm
i can't see the image X(

Dante
22 Jul 2009, 06:35pm
Don't worry about it, he was unbanned......the situation was handled, i guess.