PDA

View Full Version : Fuel [DEMO]

Runski
21 Jul 2009, 07:04pm
Played a demo earlier today, and it is known as Fuel, a post apocalyptic off-road racing game. I know most people are sick and tired of Post Apocalyptia now-days, with Fallout 3, Rage, and other games. But this demo I played was really good, I might acutally buy this game.

In the demo, you have a choice of colors for the off-road bike you use in your first race. During the race, you go through a very, very small area of the wasteland to get to checkpoints and the finish. There are other racers however. A free ride mode is also available, where the player can ride through a small, small part of the post apocalyptic enviroment, there you can choose a different vehicle, an offroad buggy. The buggy is really hard to control imo. Free Ride is probably the best thing in the demo, a night and day system is also active, ride around during the day, much easier to see or go nocturnal and ride during the night, with headlights pointed in front of you, and the occasional Truck or Jeep just yards away from you who will turn right into you >.<. The game has good customizablility, Colors to choose from, the pattern you want on your vehicle, the Head Gear, Chest Gear, Leg Gear and Skin Color for your Driver which also includes Patterns and Colors for clothing.

The controls in my opinion are a little awkward, (Xbox 360) RTrigger=Accelerate // LTrigger=Brake/Reverse // B=Toggle GPS // X=Handbrake // Y=Respawn, Im use to everything but the handbrake, I always press A for the handbrake and nothing happens.
IMO 8.5/10

Graphics wise, it is actually pretty good, the bushes could use some more detail though. The mud and Water will splash onto the camera, on your vehicle, and on your driver.
8/10

Originality, well most people talk of survival in the wastelands, but what about racing? I'd give this a 9/10

Gameplay, Judging by a Free Ride (roam part of the wasteland), 1 race, and 1 challenge I think this might actually be a really awesome game, even with Online play. 9.5/10

A.I. The question of "Am I actually winning?" Well the opposing racers do not of that good of a brain, in a forest that has been burnt down and destroyed they will hit about every tree and rock. In free ride, whenever you and a truck are in seperate lanes and are driving close to eachother, the truck, instead of driving to the other side, will run right into you, causing you to crash. so 6/10

Other... Okay, the game is good beside the AI, and this, Trucks on free ride, if they go off the road they were traveling on, they will spontaneously appear back on the road, usually near you. That is probably what I hate the most.

There is my review for the DEMO of the Post Apocalyptic Racer, Fuel. Check this game out via the Xbox Live Marketplace, and there also might be a demo on the PlayStation Network (Whatever the PS3 uses) there is also a downloadable demo for the PC, might have to look around though.

Spliff
22 Jul 2009, 12:26pm
I take it you can download this on xbox live.

Runski
22 Jul 2009, 12:52pm
I take it you can download this on xbox live.

Yeah, just go onto the Game Marketplace and then to Demos.