PDA

View Full Version : PB fake commands

dr|jake
19 Jul 2009, 04:06pm
first a T yells "freeday" or "straight to pool" as soon as the round starts.
then half the T team yells " I heard freeday!" then the actual CT yells "straight to cage"

everyone argues, ct kills everyone that dosent go to cage, the t's rage, and then people start to leave.
I'v seen this happen alot lately, and I was wondering if we could make a rule stating no T is allowed to use their mic until the cages open. or at least no T is allowed to give orders to themself.

Dracula
19 Jul 2009, 04:09pm
then half the T team yells " I heard freeday!" then the actual CT yells "straight to cage"

everyone argues, ct kills everyone that dosent go to cage, the t's rage, and then people start to leave.
I'v seen this happen alot lately, and I was wondering if we could make a rule stating no T is allowed to use their mic until the cages open. or at least no T is allowed to give orders to themself.

Yawn if the T's can bother to look at whos saying rules then they shouldnt bother bitching.

Runski
19 Jul 2009, 04:10pm
Well, the T's have to listen and pay attention to who is giving orders. Once a CT says go to cage, and there is no other order after that, then go to cage. It's the T's fault for not listening and paying attention.

Paul
19 Jul 2009, 04:17pm

I agree its getting beyond a joke, id love to classify this as mic spamming as it jiust adds to the confusion and the T's are just trying to stir the pot of shit up.

Huwajux
19 Jul 2009, 04:27pm
Yawn if the T's can bother to look at whos saying rules then they shouldnt bother bitching.
You have to appreciate that PB is a hectic server and things happen spontaneously. This kind of thing screws up the game for the Cts and just makes their job even harder than it already is.

Remember that picture I showed you where the terrorists won 37 rounds and the Cts only won once? That's because every T at the beginning of the round would shout out "I heard freeday!". It was great fun as a T, but it kind of destroys the plot, and we ended up with 15 terrorists vs 1 counter-terrrorist towards the end.

Dracula
19 Jul 2009, 04:34pm
You have to appreciate that PB is a hectic server and things happen spontaneously. This kind of thing screws up the game for the Cts and just makes their job even harder than it already is.

Remember that picture I showed you where the terrorists won 37 rounds and the Cts only won once? That's because every T at the beginning of the round would shout out "I heard freeday!". It was great fun as a T, but it kind of destroys the plot, and we ended up with 15 terrorists vs 1 counter-terrrorist towards the end.

Thats why the Ct's need to un-pussifie themselfs and start bustin caps in T's asses if they dont wanna follow your orders kill em, if they wanna test you by doing shit you told em not to shoot them, not just stand there and repeat yourself 10 times and still not be listend to.

Gumpy
19 Jul 2009, 04:42pm
If T's don't follow your orders of going to cage shoot one. I don't believe in warning shots, only believe in making people warnings to others.

b0red
19 Jul 2009, 04:44pm
the T's have the final say so people need to stop bitching

Omar
19 Jul 2009, 05:07pm
Special tactical aproaches into increased whining, chaos and bannings.

Awacs
19 Jul 2009, 05:14pm
As long as the CTs can clearly give our their orders, I don't see a problem with it.

XeNo
19 Jul 2009, 06:34pm
I mute the entire T team for awhile until CT's can give orders, then unmute.

It works pretty good so far. T's have no reason to be talking in the first 10 seconds of the game anyways. All they do once they're alive is complain about how they died, where they should go, and OPEN CELLS PLZ.

Paul
20 Jul 2009, 01:14am
If T's don't follow your orders of going to cage shoot one. I don't believe in warning shots, only believe in making people warnings to others.

lol thats what I end up doing, just fucking lighting them up if there not where I want them to be or trying to stall.

Huwajux
20 Jul 2009, 04:01am
Thats why the Ct's need to un-pussifie themselfs and start bustin caps in T's asses if they dont wanna follow your orders kill em, if they wanna test you by doing shit you told em not to shoot them, not just stand there and repeat yourself 10 times and still not be listend to.
Of course, that's the ideal situation. However since people on the server are getting banned on a daily basis, this may be the reason they don't tend to be as strict. They fear that whoever they kill may be an admin, or that the kill wasn't legit and they would get slayed for it.

This happens quite a lot. A Ct will usually kill a T, thinking that he isn't following an order. However, when he kills the T for disobeying, everyone has a hissyfit and screams things down the microphone like "WTF WHY DID YOU KILL HIM!?" or "OMG FREEKILLER!". The Ct then begins to apologise, even if the kill he made was legit, for fear of being slayed/kicked/banned.

Prison Break has been a problematic server from the very beginning because most of the action that takes place is based upon one's own judgment - which is going to be open to fault. Rules have had to be put in place to decrease the amount of freekilling because of the faulty judgment on behalf of the Cts, but we've reached a stage where the Cts are now afraid to enforce rules for fear of them being punished.

This theory is further proven by the fact that the more trusted members of the community have no problem with enforcing rules (Paul and Gumpy).

(von dutch) delta force 8
20 Jul 2009, 04:56am
Of course, that's the ideal situation. However since people on the server are getting banned on a daily basis, this may be the reason they don't tend to be as strict. They fear that whoever they kill may be an admin, or that the kill wasn't legit and they would get slayed for it.

This happens quite a lot. A Ct will usually kill a T, thinking that he isn't following an order. However, when he kills the T for disobeying, everyone has a hissyfit and screams things down the microphone like "WTF WHY DID YOU KILL HIM!?" or "OMG FREEKILLER!". The Ct then begins to apologise, even if the kill he made was legit, for fear of being slayed/kicked/banned.

Prison Break has been a problematic server from the very beginning because most of the action that takes place is based upon one's own judgment - which is going to be open to fault. Rules have had to be put in place to decrease the amount of freekilling because of the faulty judgment on behalf of the Cts, but we've reached a stage where the Cts are now afraid to enforce rules for fear of them being punished.

This theory is further proven by the fact that the more trusted members of the community have no problem with enforcing rules (Paul and Gumpy).

he just nailed it, all the new born puppies that come on the server are like WTf did I do wrong when they killed a T even if i t was legit while people that play on the server longer usually say something like STFU NOOB he disobeyed ma command now get back in line!
maybe a notification is neccisary like whenever u kill someone it doesnt always have to be a freekill and if it is apologise. I've had some stupid actions in PB before usuallly I apologise or slay meself and no hard words are exchanged

Dracula
20 Jul 2009, 08:26am

Well that sucks for them, seriously if your that much of a pussy record a demo and feel safe that you have it all on tape otherwise just tell the T's to go make a complaint if they have a problem [they never do].

Huwajux
20 Jul 2009, 09:50am
Well that sucks for them, seriously if your that much of a pussy record a demo and feel safe that you have it all on tape otherwise just tell the T's to go make a complaint if they have a problem [they never do].
SteamGamers has grown into quite a large community with a lot of servers running. The fear of an admin being on who can globally ban them, not just a bunch of empty threats from the Ts, means that people are going to be less strict in terms of controlling the terrorists.

Dracula
20 Jul 2009, 10:32am
SteamGamers has grown into quite a large community with a lot of servers running. The fear of an admin being on who can globally ban them, not just a bunch of empty threats from the Ts, means that people are going to be less strict in terms of controlling the terrorists.

Lol dosent make a diffrence if you record your shit and dont break rules then your safe even if your banned.

Huwajux
20 Jul 2009, 11:10am
Lol dosent make a diffrence if you record your shit and dont break rules then your safe even if your banned.
The thing is that the rules themselves are numerous, and people are worried that they are going to break some new rule that they haven't seen yet and then get rejected when they appeal their ban for being ignorant. It's not a matter of whether that would happen or not, it's the player's idea of what could happen if they screw up.

Dracula
20 Jul 2009, 11:30am
The thing is that the rules themselves are numerous, and people are worried that they are going to break some new rule that they haven't seen yet and then get rejected when they appeal their ban for being ignorant. It's not a matter of whether that would happen or not, it's the player's idea of what could happen if they screw up.

If your too lazy to look at the rules for a server your worried about being banned on then mabey you should be banned.

Spliff
20 Jul 2009, 11:41am
Heres a solution any T that yells that blow their brains out or if the T's go crazy and not listen to CT's just killem like your supposed to.

Huwajux
20 Jul 2009, 11:56am
If your too lazy to look at the rules for a server your worried about being banned on then mabey you should be banned.
:doh:

I give up.

Dracula
20 Jul 2009, 12:35pm
Heres a solution any T that yells that blow their brains out or if the T's go crazy and not listen to CT's just killem like your supposed to.

NO!

Killer
21 Jul 2009, 02:48am
Is there some script so that Ts can be muted for like the first 15 seconds of the round. The time for the Guards to give orders.

Runawayz
28 Jul 2009, 05:04pm

IMO if you go CT then you know the rules... thats why u see alot of admins switching players from CT to T because they dont know the rules or understand the server... well my bottom line was if you know the rules you shouldnt have a problem.. i'v played this server for about 3 months now i guess and got my first verbal complaint today and he said he has demos of me free killing.. like i have always done and you can almost ask anyone.. if i'm a CT and i free kill on accident most of the time i will slay myself.. to the person who was complaining about me.. sorry you believe i was free killing i didnt think i had...
which if you are a CT and you slay yourself after you free kill most people completely forget about you free killing...

Huwajux
29 Jul 2009, 11:13am
IMO if you go CT then you know the rules... thats why u see alot of admins switching players from CT to T because they dont know the rules or understand the server... well my bottom line was if you know the rules you shouldnt have a problem.. i'v played this server for about 3 months now i guess and got my first verbal complaint today and he said he has demos of me free killing.. like i have always done and you can almost ask anyone.. if i'm a CT and i free kill on accident most of the time i will slay myself.. to the person who was complaining about me.. sorry you believe i was free killing i didnt think i had...
which if you are a CT and you slay yourself after you free kill most people completely forget about you free killing...

You were giving no warning shots, I had to tell you to do so. You complied and said you'd even switch to an m4 because the AWP clearly packs too much of a punch to 'warn' someone with. I think you are missing the point on what I was trying to say.

Newer players who have just come across this community and want to try out our Prison Break server are going to be unsure of the rules, therefore they have to learn through experience when and when not to open fire on a T.

Runawayz
29 Jul 2009, 03:38pm
You were giving no warning shots, I had to tell you to do so. You complied and said you'd even switch to an m4 because the AWP clearly packs too much of a punch to 'warn' someone with. I think you are missing the point on what I was trying to say.

Newer players who have just come across this community and want to try out our Prison Break server are going to be unsure of the rules, therefore they have to learn through experience when and when not to open fire on a T.

oh i actually wasnt talking about when you told me with the awp it was someone else(not an admin) :P ya i agreed that i should have warning shot when u told me that round.

Neo
29 Jul 2009, 06:01pm
We should realy just enforce a rule that the T's are not allowed to say rules, not even for fun.

Runawayz
29 Jul 2009, 09:51pm
We should realy just enforce a rule that the T's are not allowed to say rules, not even for fun.

this would be good... BUT whats the punishment? to kill them? now you have them whining that they were free killed and they are not the ones who said the rule blah blah.. but if they are willing to put this into the server rules i think this would be an awesome idea.. this way when the T's start shouting out free day etc... tell them to read the MOTD...

Mcbride
29 Jul 2009, 10:19pm
i agree with Neo

Z3r0 M4ni4c
30 Jul 2009, 04:29am
nah just like one said already the first 20 or 30 sec. of a round T should be muted.
there should be a mute script just to make so when the round starts the whole T-team is muted for 30 sec and after that they can yell what they want but the commands are already given.

Stops the QQ and is better for everyone :wink:

Movement
30 Jul 2009, 05:29am
ya i agree, we should get a script for the Ts to be muted in the first 15 seconds, i think 30 seconds is too long though.