PDA

View Full Version : C&C 4

Drox
17 Jul 2009, 11:42pm
http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/index.html

Seems like C&C 4 is being made, the officially trailer comes out July 24th, looks interesting tho. What do yall think?

Veggie
18 Jul 2009, 12:47am
Looks good and all but now they changed things:

Need a internet connection on at all times to play even the single player due to the new lan play setup. They removed drm which is good tho.

I won't be buying it. Rather put my money towards Starcraft 2 series.

LegalSmash
18 Jul 2009, 01:00am
I have all the CNC games, and to be honest, after 3's generally lackluster performance, I'm not sure if I would be greatly interested in getting CC4.

The CC series refuses to move the gameplay forward, this is problematic, as any half assed generally newer game (COH, DOW, for example), make the gameplay of cc series, largely based on 'mine ore, build, rush' mentality, seek REALLY outdated.

I wish them the best of luck, but won't be surprised if it's yet another Flop.

phatman76
18 Jul 2009, 02:10am
I have all the CNC games, and to be honest, after 3's generally lackluster performance, I'm not sure if I would be greatly interested in getting CC4.

The CC series refuses to move the gameplay forward, this is problematic, as any half assed generally newer game (COH, DOW, for example), make the gameplay of cc series, largely based on 'mine ore, build, rush' mentality, seek REALLY outdated.

I wish them the best of luck, but won't be surprised if it's yet another Flop.

I thought CNC 3 was disappointing on solo play. However, the online play was quite fun for me, especially playing with other SG peeps over ventrilo. The different races/sides differences made for really cool play in team gaming.

I do agree, however, that the old mine/build/attack play style is getting old. Most gaming series have clearly begun to move past it, while CNC 3 and its expansions seemed dead set on perfecting it. It is hard to have fun when being a better player is usually a metric of your ability to hotkey and collect resources faster, as opposed to superior strategic thinking. They can keep the mining, but I want to see a CNC that rewards combined arms and strategy like a real war would, not tanking in with 20 battleships before the other guy can build up.

Scree :O
18 Jul 2009, 03:04am
The oldschool RTS's don't really appeal to me but it seems to me some of you are a bit too used to the simplified economy that games like CoH and DoW offer. These games focus on combat of a smaller scale.

Way a lot of RTS fans see it there are two kinds of RTS.

Micro demanding and macro demanding. Relic started the micro demanding thing more in-depth, which basically means that, if you micro manage your units better than the opponent you will win. Tactis will prevail, watch every single unit on the map, ...

Macro management is the opposite. Control as much as resources as possible, spam units, harras, etc. There's more but you get the picture. Harrasing plays a much bigger role (not that is discarded in the modern RTS's) in these games and these games also sport different strategies altogheter (the basic archetypes would be: steamroller, rusher and turtler).

I think it'll be cool to play an oldschool CnC with a bit of refreshing novelties. It should be fun.