PDA

View Full Version : Senator Boxer accused of racial discrimination.

PotshotPolka
17 Jul 2009, 12:17pm
Well I had heard about this in a few places, and it sounded like she had attacked him verbally so I took the liberty of digging up a video of the actual incident, and I was very surprised at what I saw.

FE_jGD5nZ6U

I'm sorry, but I can't see the racism, Alford was there on behalf of himself and the Black Chamber of Commerce, and was apparently before the video began in opposition to some of the EPW's points. She then pulled out a document citing NAACP initiatives for environmental protection and "green jobs". Alford then accused her of attempting to initiate race politics by using studies by other black affiliated groups to undermine his position that the black community's best interests were being represented by himself.

Wtf? Either I'm missing alot of the story here or she's just getting worked over, personal opinions aside it seems like bullshit.

Elaborate anybody? I haven't really followed her at all, it was the first time I've read into this Senator.

TheTruth
17 Jul 2009, 12:30pm
I think hes overacting. All she did was quote another black guy. If hes so offended then why did he ask why she didn't quote some Asian or something. I guess he would have liked "contended" with a white group.

Red
17 Jul 2009, 01:07pm
It's offensive because she's basically saying "Look other black people like it, you should too".

Basically lumping all blacks together suggesting that they 1. All think the same and 2. They SHOULD all think the same.

PotshotPolka
17 Jul 2009, 01:49pm
I don't know dude, it seemed more like she was attempting to present a counterpoint to him, and he challenged her in a disheveled manner.

LegalSmash
17 Jul 2009, 02:06pm
Alford should learn to pronounce 'condescend' before condescending on others about racism, pseudoracism, etc. Democrat whiny-ness of boxer aside.

Red
17 Jul 2009, 02:10pm
Alford should learn to pronounce 'condescend' before condescending on others about racism, pseudoracism, etc. Democrat whiny-ness of boxer aside.

Maybe he just likes to pronounce it that way. Like Axe for ask.

LegalSmash
17 Jul 2009, 02:11pm
Maybe he just likes to pronounce it that way. Like Axe for ask.

I be AXIN yall, WHICH PAHK AH YALL PLAYEn BASKATBAWLL

Killer
17 Jul 2009, 03:17pm
Wow i think hes getting the message wrong

Frostbyte
19 Jul 2009, 03:23am
I don't know dude, it seemed more like she was attempting to present a counterpoint to him, and he challenged her in a disheveled manner.

I agree.

Jazz
19 Jul 2009, 08:51am
Well I had heard about this in a few places, and it sounded like she had attacked him verbally so I took the liberty of digging up a video of the actual incident, and I was very surprised at what I saw.

FE_jGD5nZ6U

I'm sorry, but I can't see the racism, Alford was there on behalf of himself and the Black Chamber of Commerce, and was apparently before the video began in opposition to some of the EPW's points. She then pulled out a document citing NAACP initiatives for environmental protection and "green jobs". Alford then accused her of attempting to initiate race politics by using studies by other black affiliated groups to undermine his position that the black community's best interests were being represented by himself.

Wtf? Either I'm missing alot of the story here or she's just getting worked over, personal opinions aside it seems like bullshit.

Elaborate anybody? I haven't really followed her at all, it was the first time I've read into this Senator.
He over-reacted a little. But he has the right to do it?

I be AXIN yall, WHICH PAHK AH YALL PLAYEn BASKATBAWLL

Pfff, that's Ice Cube. That's the style, check out the lyrics instead...

BOOWY
19 Jul 2009, 03:27pm
Overreacted. She was pressed for time clearly, and not only that she used as a counterpoint a resolution passed by the NAACP which sets out to ensure equality for all citizens. And when she went to clarify she quoted a black man. I would think that someone who is the CEO of a race-centric organization wouldn't mind hearing the opinions of people of that same race.

I'm tired of this jumpy bullshit.

Veggie
19 Jul 2009, 04:29pm
Looks like he over reacted, it's a sensitive issue.

Repeat
21 Jul 2009, 02:34pm
Barb Boxer is a butthole. I can't stand this woman.

b0red
21 Jul 2009, 02:38pm
He will not stop interrupting him. Its so annoying

Spliff
21 Jul 2009, 03:45pm
I think he did over react.

trakaill
21 Jul 2009, 04:32pm

holly shi- repeat!:high5:

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
22 Jul 2009, 02:35am

Lol, she is annoying, isn't she? All personal hatred set aside, she did come on as con-dense-end-ing by

seemingly grouping all black people together. It could've been handled better by the receiving end of the

statement, though. And why does being the wife of a vet give you bragging rights? That's a bullshit

mentality when you compare her to a guy stationed in another country surrounded by people

who want to kill him.

Flick
26 Jul 2009, 09:31pm
This is what is wrong with America. We are so worried about being politicly correct that someone can't prove a point without someone else saying that something about it is racist. All she said is that the NAACP and another Black association agreed with her so that she could show the diversity of those in agreement with her. In my opinion it doesn't matter what race you are if you agree with something you agree if you don't you don't. There is no reason in blaming every problem on race.