View Full Version : [Rejected] ze_LOTR_Helms_Deep_v2 request

sylar
17 Jul 2009, 11:40am
Map Suggestion

Full map name
ze_LOTR_Helms_Deep_v2 Type of map
Zombie Escape Link to map download
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/102064 Additional Information
new LOTR map. looks VERY nice, hopefully wont mess up the server like the other one. Screenshots attached
No

Tcp-Kill
17 Jul 2009, 11:45am
Very exciting, i will upload this later on to test its physics because i know venomous is uploading quite a few maps soon. If the physics is messed it will be removed, but i hope it's not.

ZaN1993
17 Jul 2009, 11:46am
i would i no i have tried it, it kidna sucks, but i like that the creator is such a LOTR fan, btw people would screw it and dont know what to do

EDIT: ok nvm i see alot of upgrades since last version i had lol i want :D

*Queen VenomousFate*
17 Jul 2009, 01:35pm
Very exciting, i will upload this later on to test its physics because i know venomous is uploading quite a few maps soon. If the physics is messed it will be removed, but i hope it's not.

Can you take a look at the three LOTR maps and see which ones the physics work on? I never really knew what the problem was, so just take a look cause i think some have been updated.

Danny G
17 Jul 2009, 01:56pm
The map looks really cool fo' real.

Jaffa
17 Jul 2009, 02:16pm
Can you take a look at the three LOTR maps and see which ones the physics work on? I never really knew what the problem was, so just take a look cause i think some have been updated.

As far as i'm aware, physics are broke on moria and mount doom. This isn't an SG-only issue, the maps were made by a player at i3d for their escape server, and they seem to be the only escape server which isn't affected by the physics issue.

Apparently he is going to be updating moria and mount doom now he has released this map, to fix the physics

Zargotelc
17 Jul 2009, 05:06pm
Every one of the LOTR maps has been a fun experience.

I hope this map is just as fun, and that the server physics aren't fucked up.

Good luck

b0red
17 Jul 2009, 05:21pm
Great maps bad physics hopefully he fixes that shit soon

The Baltimore Ravens
17 Jul 2009, 05:56pm
well it looks like a fun map.

Spliff
17 Jul 2009, 06:15pm
Looks like a fun map to me too!

ZaN1993
17 Jul 2009, 06:35pm
Great maps bad physics hopefully he fixes that shit soon

it is fixed, it was made for i3D, and they run it fine, but i dont know why and how SG's ze servers fails with those 2 maps

Jaffa
17 Jul 2009, 11:14pm
As far as i know, every server apart from i3d experiences these problems. Its most likely that i3d has a special script that doesn't get ignored/wiped/crashed at end of map like ours does

Drox
17 Jul 2009, 11:16pm
cant wait to check this map out

NLS CEL
18 Jul 2009, 02:31pm
I just checked it out, its pretty damn amazing. My only concern is the long path the 3 spawns connect to. that long trench filled with 40 people, if 1 gets tagged it might instantly engulf everyone. Guess we will have to wait and see.

The Baltimore Ravens
18 Jul 2009, 03:06pm
I just checked it out, its pretty damn amazing. My only concern is the long path the 3 spawns connect to. that long trench filled with 40 people, if 1 gets tagged it might instantly engulf everyone. Guess we will have to wait and see.

thats what makes a bad zombie when theres only one way. if there is 2+ ways then its normaly fine.

Kappa The 3rd
19 Jul 2009, 05:45pm
bump for someone to add it to the server to give it a try

Zargotelc
20 Jul 2009, 05:33am
Yeah, I'm curious what the situation is with this map. Are there physics problems?

Bad Dog
20 Jul 2009, 01:44pm
Soooo....Yes?

Retarded Santa
21 Jul 2009, 12:22pm
yeah let's give it a try!

tucker
21 Jul 2009, 06:57pm
yeah lets do it

Kappa The 3rd
21 Jul 2009, 10:04pm
seriously, can someone add this on tonight at restart so we can try it tommorrow?

Elleon
22 Jul 2009, 04:39am
Is this like the shitty Moria map where more than half the CT's can wield scouts and win or simply just run to the end without doing a damn thing?

They look good as always, has something fresh to bring to the table, but considering gameplay, think they are garbage myself.

Still, I am quite curious to see what Helms Deep and Mount doom are like, and the players are begging for it. Definentally don't let it in though if physics are screwed once again. Not that I acutally needed to say that or anything, just don't fall to the peer pressure man!

Daze
22 Jul 2009, 04:46am
the mapper is a tard. He needs to fix his broken maps before making new ones.

ckw
22 Jul 2009, 05:29am
Looks like a cool map!^^

sylar
22 Jul 2009, 06:11am
looks like a really good map, can we atleast try it?

ZaN1993
22 Jul 2009, 11:11pm
the mapper is a tard. He needs to fix his broken maps before making new ones.

they are not broken at all i tried making my own server with the mount doom and moria and it worked fine, its just SG fails with servers

Jaffa
23 Jul 2009, 02:22am
they are not broken at all i tried making my own server with the mount doom and moria and it worked fine, its just SG fails with servers

Actually nearly every zombie escape/zombiemod server that runs these maps experiences the same problems. The only servers that are fine are the i3d servers, for whom he is a member...

Read some of the commnets on the moria map http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/95255 and you'll see its not just us

sylar
23 Jul 2009, 04:58am
this map is alot of fun. played it on a differant server, no problems at all except for idiots doing it wrong.

Paul
24 Jul 2009, 07:04am
We cant add LOTR maps due to the physics bug that these maps cause to the server.

sylar
24 Jul 2009, 09:04am
We cant add LOTR maps due to the physics bug that these maps cause to the server.

i thought it was only the map that glitched and the physics props on the map just bounced around.

if thats the problem then i dont know if it would happen with this map, theres nothing to bounce around.