PDA

View Full Version : BECK The Mongolian Chop Squad?

darklink1133
17 Jul 2009, 05:36am
What was your thoughts on BECK the anime? I thought it was pretty awesome.

Elleon
21 Jul 2009, 11:32am
Tried watching a couple of episodes, couldn't get into it.

darklink1133
22 Jul 2009, 09:31pm
aw u didnt liked it? :cry:

Elleon
23 Jul 2009, 05:41am
aw u didnt liked it? :cry:

No, didn't really appeal to me. When it comes to anime, I have seen a few series, so unless it has something I am familiar with/already approve of, or has something to actually bring to the table, I tend to ignore it.

I can't remember if it was just the first or first and second episodes I watched, or even more, but it was slow, more talking, no real sign of any storyline, and it just felt intensly melencholy and depressing half the time. I still don't get what the hell was the point of the dog considering it is suppose to be slife of life genre correct?

A dog that looks work than Frankenstein on a good day doesn't quite shout anything close to realistic, and just added to the depressing atmosphere. I didn't think the artstyle was extradordinary either, or the characters, and I can't even remember what the music was like. A series which it's entire foundation is supposedly set around a musical theme, speaks volumes when you don't even care for the soundtrack, or remember a piece of it.

I can just about recognize any piece and recall what series it was used in, if it isn't completely generic, so it doesn't give me hope that almost every detail of Beck illudes me.

That's just my opinion though.

darklink1133
23 Jul 2009, 10:21am
I thought that way too. But when I kept watching it more it began to become good.

Elleon
24 Jul 2009, 12:38am
I thought that way too. But when I kept watching it more it began to become good.

Bah, you are actually going to make me go and watch it again. :Sigh: Why oculdn't you just let it die in peace?

:Grabs chair and copies of Beck:

Guess I have no other choice now. I'll get back to you in a bit.

darklink1133
29 Jul 2009, 10:15pm
see that wasnt so hard huh?

tosh9i
3 Aug 2009, 06:39pm
I loved it. After I finished watching the anime, I went to reading the manga. I hope that make another season of anime, which I doubt.

Desum
3 Aug 2009, 06:44pm
Meh, i watched the whole series awhile ago. Wasn't that great. Music was bleh at best, storyline kinda lame, and just all around not anything special. It's root problem would probably just be a bad storyline that was poorly formed.