PDA

View Full Version : The N word -_-

Hawk
16 Jul 2009, 05:00pm
Damn I think 50% of all player complaints are because people use the N word. If you use the N word for how long can U get banned / what If 1 of my friend call me a N but I dont mind it, can whe/he/she/it/them use the word then if it doesnt offend people?

Caution
16 Jul 2009, 05:01pm
"Nigger", "Nigga", "Niglet"...all variations can be handed up to a week ban. If it's pretty bad, then a perm can be issued, but usually for a first offense it's either 3 days or one week. The "N" word isn't allowed period. We don't care if you're black, white, brown, or purple.

Hawk
16 Jul 2009, 05:10pm
Even if 2 friends are talking 2 each other? like : Wassup N , going 2 the club 2 nite?

Caution
16 Jul 2009, 05:13pm
Even if 2 friends are talking 2 each other? like : Wassup N , going 2 the club 2 nite?

Yes. It isn't allowed period. There's no debate about it, any variation can earn you a ban.

This also includes other racist terms like cracker, beaner, spic, etc.

Suffering Knave
16 Jul 2009, 05:18pm
Probably shouldn't say it in general, but most important not in SG's servers =) It is just a bad word used a long time ago by terrible people...you AREN'T terrible are you?...

Crimson
16 Jul 2009, 05:19pm
Using Spoiler tag due to huge amount of Racist terms, Sorry...

Warning, the spoiler is NSFW

This is from my point of view... If User connects to our server, and types/talks "Hey Niggas, whats up!" is much different from saying "Fuck you Nigg*r.

I would, instand ban someone for insulting another member for using the term Nigg*r, always have, always will.

I wouldn't ban Member for saying "Hey Niggas", as he is using the term to greet the server, thus not as offensive. Don't get me wrong, warning will be issued, and if he uses the term again, I will ban him.

So, to sum it up; Hey Niggas, isn't insualt to anyone, thus shouldn't be banned. Saying "FUCK YOU NIGG*R" should be banned, and possibly permed.

Yet again, this is from my point of view...

Danny G
16 Jul 2009, 05:29pm
"Nigger", "Nigga", "Niglet"...all variations can be handed up to a week ban. If it's pretty bad, then a perm can be issued, but usually for a first offense it's either 3 days or one week. The "N" word isn't allowed period. We don't care if you're black, white, brown, or purple.

How the fuck are you supposed to get purple?

TheTruth
16 Jul 2009, 05:31pm

HG's are purple.

SpikedRocker
16 Jul 2009, 05:37pm

Purple is what color a smurf turns when its being choked.

But seriously, racism is such a hard thing to deal with we rather just not have it at all even if its intention is not malicious. So its always best to just avoid using it.

MtrxMn
16 Jul 2009, 06:29pm
is there anyway we could get a filter that filters out racial slurs to avoid most of these bans?

andre1028
16 Jul 2009, 06:32pm
You can get permed for it.

Drox
16 Jul 2009, 06:51pm
is there anyway we could get a filter that filters out racial slurs to avoid most of these bans?

even if you are able to filter it in chat in the servers, people can still say it over voice. So either way it doesnt matter, its against the rules so people should know not to do it.

b0red
16 Jul 2009, 08:42pm
Anyone in general should not say the N word, it is a racial term that dates back to slavery. Even if you replace a er with a to make it "your word" that doesn't mean anything. I personally think it is a ignorant term that should not be used by anyone no matter what race. So no matter what your race quit saying the N word to EVERYONE OUT THERE. You just look like a ignorant fool

SneakySnake
16 Jul 2009, 08:58pm
List of banned words in a spoiler (cuz they r fun)

Not this 1 BANNED WORDS

Nigger
Chink
Gook
Cracker
Beaner
Spic
Wetback
Kike
Coon

I was also thinking of suggestion the swear filter, but set it only for racism.

Drox
16 Jul 2009, 09:21pm

Not this 1 BANNED WORDS

Nigger
Chink
Gook
Cracker
Beaner
Spic
Wetback
Kike
Coon

There are other words you left off that list lol Im not gonna list em tho so I dont contribute to the slurs but some can be hard to catch if you dont know em all.

PingPong
16 Jul 2009, 10:33pm
Its very simple. Its exactgly what obez said. Racism is racism no matter how you look at it

Bad Dog
16 Jul 2009, 10:57pm
is HONKEY acceptable?

Hazardous
16 Jul 2009, 11:05pm

Not this 1 BANNED WORDS

Nigger
Chink
Gook
Cracker
Beaner
Spic
Wetback
Kike
Coon

What the hell is a..

nevermind.

It's best if I don't know.

b0red
16 Jul 2009, 11:15pm
urban dictionary will answer all your questions

Bad Dog
16 Jul 2009, 11:43pm
Anyone in general should not say the N word, it is a racial term that dates back to slavery. Even if you replace a er with a to make it "your word" that doesn't mean anything. I personally think it is a ignorant term that should not be used by anyone no matter what race. So no matter what your race quit saying the N word to EVERYONE OUT THERE. You just look like a ignorant fool

go down to South Chicago and tell this to the populas down there.

Crimson
17 Jul 2009, 03:30am
Its very simple. Its exactgly what obez said. Racism is racism no matter how you look at it

Who the HELL is Obez?:rlol:

Elleon
17 Jul 2009, 04:56am

WARNING: GENERAL STATEMENT INCOMMING

I told it to almost every person I met at Michigan's Job Corp where 99% of the pop was black. Fuck Chicago. You got something to say, say it to someone from the D.

Racism. The N Word.

Get some proper language skills, get an education, quit buying into the bullshit you get from your 5th grade buddies, and then join the servers. That shit doesn't cut it in the real world, unless you feel like flipping burgers for most of your life, so you might as well drop the hissy fit now and learn to talk like a normal person that has some self respect and intelligence.

The "I'm black" or "I'm white" excuse will never fly with me. Better destroy your mic before hopping into a server with me if you think you can't control yourelf.

Also, saying it by habit is your own damn fault and I won't be treating you any differently. I heard it no less than 500 times a day for 10 years and still don't have shit to prove I was even raised in that situation. If you developed a condition by visiting a prodominentally white school during your freshman year, you may want to seek out immediate attention from a good psychiatrist or health physician, because there is no way in hell that you have the capacity of self esteem and self control, a normal person holds.

PotshotPolka
17 Jul 2009, 08:18am
What is our policy on Nigra? Pool's Closed?

Dracula
17 Jul 2009, 09:05am
Seriously guys this is the internet swearing is baddddddddd ;D

b0red
17 Jul 2009, 05:13pm

ya i would get shot on site. thats the crazy part about these words