PDA

View Full Version : Glitching In Space Station and Map Exploits

Elleon
15 Jul 2009, 07:14am
Well I am here to get clarification on the rules concerning glitching and map exploits on Space Station.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5OEVBMS

The first being Glitching the nuke. As you can probably see in the demo, Tank glitches the nuke. This isn't a complaint, merely questioning the position. He thinks it is alright, just as in ATIX helicopter where humans can glitch at any time. The only problem with it though, is ATIX was designed so that players can glitch the nuke; Space Station is not from my understanding or suppose to be.

The second glitch is the one concerning the Escape Pod found in the hanger you see in the demo. Zombies and humans alike can just simply crouch in front of the ship and not allow it to move. I forget who it was exactly, but they deemed it perfectly fine, suggesting that humans could just easily shoot them out. Although this is plausible, I am sure it is a damn difficult task and it's not hard to just crouch back under it or a wing. Humans would have to sucide in order to remove the zombie in certain cases. The result if successfully glitched: Everyone dies in the hanger.

The last bit I want to cover is the Map Exploitation I call the Space Walk. I know that plenty of secrets lay in the maps, but this one involves traversing outside of the Space Station, moving to a specific corner and being launched out into space. There, the players can follow and stand on a hidden path unreachable by both zombies and humans on the ships. It is impossible for anyone to touch the humans and merely drags out the round until one opposing side gives up and suicides, or time runs out. I think it not only wastes everyone's time, but eventually deters people from playing that particular map or for a given amount of time (hours).

All three issues are problems I constantly have on the map and I allow none of them to be acted upon. Some disagree, and that is why I would care to know thoughts and a final ruling on the subject.

Jaffa
15 Jul 2009, 07:34am
The first being Glitching the nuke. As you can probably see in the demo, Tank glitches the nuke. This isn't a complaint, merely questioning the position. He thinks it is alright, just as in ATIX helicopter where humans can glitch at any time. The only problem with it though, is ATIX was designed so that players can glitch the nuke; Space Station is not from my understanding or suppose to be.

I'm sure this isn't intentional part of the map. When a player does this, i usually make him aware of what i'm going to do and why, then tele him to a place on the shuttles without zombies. This also goes for players who sit on top of the shuttle entrances when the shuttles leave

The second glitch is the one concerning the Escape Pod found in the hanger you see in the demo. Zombies and humans alike can just simply crouch in front of the ship and not allow it to move. I forget who it was exactly, but they deemed it perfectly fine, suggesting that humans could just easily shoot them out. Although this is plausible, I am sure it is a damn difficult task and it's not hard to just crouch back under it or a wing. Humans would have to sucide in order to remove the zombie in certain cases. The result if successfully glitched: Everyone dies in the hanger.

I think i was one of the first to discover this, i have no issue with a player doing it because its actually pretty easy to move the zombie. You can use a nade, shoot them from above, or you should have enough time to jump down, shoot them away, and get back on a wing. If a zombie gltiches a wing he will die inn the nuke, and the humans can survive by moving to the front.

The last bit I want to cover is the Map Exploitation I call the Space Walk. I know that plenty of secrets lay in the maps, but this one involves traversing outside of the Space Station, moving to a specific corner and being launched out into space. There, the players can follow and stand on a hidden path unreachable by both zombies and humans on the ships. It is impossible for anyone to touch the humans and merely drags out the round until one opposing side gives up and suicides, or time runs out. I think it not only wastes everyone's time, but eventually deters people from playing that particular map or for a given amount of time (hours).

I've not seen this, nor knew of it, so i can't really give an opinion

Elleon
15 Jul 2009, 07:45am
I'm sure this isn't intentional part of the map. When a player does this, i usually make him aware of what i'm going to do and why, then tele him to a place on the shuttles without zombies. This also goes for players who sit on top of the shuttle entrances when the shuttles leave

I will be doing the same.

I think i was one of the first to discover this, i have no issue with a player doing it because its actually pretty easy to move the zombie. You can use a nade, shoot them from above, or you should have enough time to jump down, shoot them away, and get back on a wing. If a zombie gltiches a wing he will die inn the nuke, and the humans can survive by moving to the front.

As much as I would like to agree that this may be easy, if zombies are all over the place in that hangar, not just one specifically, it isn't an easy task by any means. Also, sitting in front of the pod before doors opens means that no one gets out. Even if they move to the front, the spot to glitch is at the tip of the ship, the piece that doesn't exit the doors, and is a location where maybe 1 person can sit, not everyone.

The point is to drain the time until the nuke explodes, and with all the chaos on the ground from a dozen zombies running around, trying to jump down is nothing less than suicide and doesn't guarentee you will survive that miraculous mission. Either or, the human would have ot suicide or make the attempt to do so, which I find unfair considering that was not the concept when creating the map in my opinion.

I've not seen this, nor knew of it, so i can't really give an opinion

Actually a big pain in the ass dealing with this. You can barely see the human walking out there and it difficult enough just for myself to zoom in and find them. Without them muzzle flash from them shooting, it's no different than finding a needle in a haystack sometimes.

tank40175
15 Jul 2009, 07:45am
As far as spacewalk, it can be reached from middle shuttle, but it is hard to make the jump. This was designed into map, for the launch from station, mapmaker had to put in a trigger for it to happen.

Elleon
15 Jul 2009, 07:51am
As far as spacewalk, it can be reached from middle shuttle, but it is hard to make the jump. This was designed into map, for the launch from station, mapmaker had to put in a trigger for it to happen.

A nice secret, but unlike the Disco room, this one just doesn't seem to reward anyone except as another reason to waste a shit load of time or cherry pick from a distance; a feature not found in disco rooms.

It's cool, but the distance is so far out there humans can barely get a significant shot off, unless they wield an awp.

Secret or not, this is one pain in the ass.

XeNo
15 Jul 2009, 12:39pm

All three issues are problems I constantly have on the map and I allow none of them to be acted upon. Some disagree, and that is why I would care to know thoughts and a final ruling on the subject.
The space walk is easily reached by a zombie if you know where it is. And if a zombie is on the space walk it doesn't really matter.

The space walk extends all around the map, so just because that one corner is far away, they can actually walk all the way right next to the space ships.

As for nuke glitching, I assume that if they can be reached after the nuke goes off when they survive it, it's allowed for at least one of the teams. (Such as atix helicopter you can just jump down and get them, where space station it is impossible.)

Also, figure I'd let you know, the Black mesa glitch spot wasn't intended either, so if anyone tries to tell you otherwise, Bill himself didn't even know about it lol.

Elleon
15 Jul 2009, 03:27pm
The space walk extends all around the map, so just because that one corner is far away, they can actually walk all the way right next to the space ships.

The point being, no one walks next to the escape pods when their plans are to sit out in the middle of no where and long shot.

I have no problem with people venturing out there from time to time to check it out, because some typically just want to show off or expereince it for the first time; those kinds of players have the courtesy to suicide and not drag the round out. To be honest, I would do so myself if I actually cared to.

Most on the otherhand, and I use that term lightly, just sit out in the middle of nowhere with an AK and long shot in vain, hide in space, or pretend the secret is just another escape route on the map.

Drox
17 Jul 2009, 11:47pm
I dont see a problem with these glitches except for the crouching in front of the plane ship. Usually when its a zombie I will give up my life to jump down and try and shoot him out of the way. When a human does it tho when its a human plane, I do think its kinda messed up and should be considered as team killing.

Shadowex3
18 Jul 2009, 12:34am
Honestly most of these are common sense. On Helicopter you can go and get the glitchers, on space station it's basically impossible. Glitching the front of the minishuttle... it's either teamkilling or just throw a grenade to solve the problem.

Elleon
18 Jul 2009, 01:10am
I dont see a problem with these glitches except for the crouching in front of the plane ship. Usually when its a zombie I will give up my life to jump down and try and shoot him out of the way. When a human does it tho when its a human plane, I do think its kinda messed up and should be considered as team killing.

Considered? It is teamkilling. There is no gray area here.

XeNo
18 Jul 2009, 01:58am
The point being, no one walks next to the escape pods when their plans are to sit out in the middle of no where and long shot.

I have no problem with people venturing out there from time to time to check it out, because some typically just want to show off or expereince it for the first time; those kinds of players have the courtesy to suicide and not drag the round out. To be honest, I would do so myself if I actually cared to.

Most on the otherhand, and I use that term lightly, just sit out in the middle of nowhere with an AK and long shot in vain, hide in space, or pretend the secret is just another escape route on the map.
I meant that you can actually get on that ledge they're standing on if you just jump on it from the escape pods...Meaning they can't actually camp up there.

The only spot on space station that is completely inaccessible is the glitch on the spot the pods launch off of.

Drox
18 Jul 2009, 02:29am
Considered? It is teamkilling. There is no gray area here.

I have yet to see anyone get kicked or banned from doing it and it happens often, even in the presence of more then 1 admin. Maybe the "no gray area" should be explained to the admins and not to me, I was only suggesting this.

Elleon
18 Jul 2009, 02:39am
I have yet to see anyone get kicked or banned from doing it and it happens often, even in the presence of more then 1 admin. Maybe the "no gray area" should be explained to the admins and not to me, I was only suggesting this.

Don't take offense Drox, no malice intended.

I am saying it is tking, no doubts about it. Any action that results in a tk is a tk in my opinion, and this one is nothing less than a blatant act of such. It is no different than blocking, shutting doors on teammates, taking vehicles, etc..

While the others can be consiered smaller offense, this one is the equivilent of blowing the bridge on 20 of your teammates. Like to see that problem solved with a nade.

I meant that you can actually get on that ledge they're standing on if you just jump on it from the escape pods...Meaning they can't actually camp up there.

The only spot on space station that is completely inaccessible is the glitch on the spot the pods launch off of.

Point being, a secret is a secret and unless others know about it, the ability to jump on the ledge is insignificant. I think that is the whole idea behind calling it a "secret". Guys get an unfair atvantage and sitting out there with nobody to kill them makes this secret an annoying, unreachable, camping spot. This isn't SST where you can clearly see where and how to reach the guy camping on the rocks.

It isn't a question of "ability", it is a question of exploiting knowledge of the map.
Actually, I just realised what i said and say fuck it. It is merely exploiting and using your knowledge of the map, I guess. Others can spec if they feel like, and others can simply piss and moan when no one knows how to deal with the camper.

Annoying, but doesn't breka any rules I guess.

Drox
18 Jul 2009, 02:41am
Don't take offense Drox, no malice intended.

I am saying it is tking, no doubts about it. Any action that results in a tk is a tk in my opinion, and this one is nothing less than a blatant act of such. It is no different than blocking, shutting doors on teammates, taking vehicles, etc..

While the others can be consiered smaller offense, this one is the equivilent of blowing the bridge on 20 of your teammates. Like to see that problem solved with a nade.

Mybad then, I misunderstood the purpose of your reply.

deltafuzz
16 Aug 2009, 09:03am
well the only way to survive is to go on one of the shuttles

deltafuzz
16 Aug 2009, 09:04am
oh and also that locker thing isnt a glitch

deltafuzz
16 Aug 2009, 09:04am
oh and the locker thing isnt a glitch

Huwajux
16 Aug 2009, 09:35am
Nice triple post bump. :thumb: