PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

DontDrunkImShoot
13 Jul 2009, 09:42pm
I've been wondering and asked some regs, admins,supporters if i should do this and they said it would be fine.

I'm asking if Sg.Regs can have their own skin a good fpsbanana skin with [SG.Regular] on the back when we play not asking for more then one skin. just one for T and one for CT.

I've put a poll up for a vote.

roach coach
13 Jul 2009, 09:46pm
I was talking with you about this-- I don't know if it would "diminish" Admins, Supporters or others with custom skins, but if it doesn't, I'll support it. It seems like a good little reward for those who participate as a Reg.

Jayman
13 Jul 2009, 09:50pm
I fully support, I think that is a good suggestion. regulars worked hard for 100 posts and been on steamgamers community for 2 months or more.. they deserve atleast 1 skin!

Karot
13 Jul 2009, 09:50pm
I like the idea I mean I dont see anything wrong ant all with the idea.

Vince
13 Jul 2009, 09:59pm
I don't know, but sure. Nothing to great, maybe just the regular skins with Regular on the back or something, I just wouldn't like it if every reg wore some flarey skin for free... I dunno, but sure.

Dobs
13 Jul 2009, 10:00pm
I agree with the Idea ^^, just a "Sg. Regular" on the back, it's not a high request, they should accept :P

Karot
13 Jul 2009, 10:00pm
It wouldnt be like colors everywhere and shit just a nice clean skin.

matt 187
13 Jul 2009, 10:05pm
sounds cool

Karot
13 Jul 2009, 10:08pm
Wow matt agreed on something Wow surprise.

Caution
13 Jul 2009, 10:13pm
It would be an absolute pain in the ass to individually set up each reg with skins.

Karot
13 Jul 2009, 10:16pm
Dont crash and burn the idea :(

Lefty
13 Jul 2009, 10:31pm
It would be an absolute pain in the ass to individually set up each reg with skins.

Correct, more and more regs are coming that would be ALOT

Karot
13 Jul 2009, 10:34pm
Fine do it for honorable gamers then there arent alot of those and they need 400 posts and 6 months here so i mean good idea.

Italian Jew
13 Jul 2009, 10:44pm
Fine do it for honorable gamers then there arent alot of those and they need 400 posts and 6 months here so i mean good idea.

You're just saying that because you are almost an HG.

Its too easy to be a reg or HG, so I wouldn't suggest adding skins for either user type. It is too much hassle for too many people.

Personally, I don't care for skins, but if having a custom skin is your thing, just buy a supporter package to make you "cool".

Karot
13 Jul 2009, 10:48pm
Pshht i was just trying to help people

Dracula
13 Jul 2009, 11:30pm

That and if you want em buy supporter.

Drox
13 Jul 2009, 11:46pm
I voted no, since its like one of like 3 things supporters actually get for giving 10 dollars. Why should us freeloaders get the same stuff? Not to mention waaay to many reg's out there, would just be too much effort.

Crimson
14 Jul 2009, 12:10am
These are the reasons why I don't support this.

We have 100 or something regulars.
It would be pain in the ass to keep track of
People would spam the forums for Regular status
People wouldn't buy Supporter
If you want skins, just buy Supporter!

When people say Members/Regular/Honorable Gamers are freeloaders, they truly mean it! :dance:

Tcp-Kill
14 Jul 2009, 12:33am
Nope. Never. Sorry to be blunt but it actually would be impossible for your guys to get them. Like, actually impossible. Unless we went to a script which is totally unneeded. Also, if your prepared to add 518 steamids then you do the work. (That was sarcasm by the way, and i didn't count HG's so its over 518 people to add current to date.).

Hazardous
14 Jul 2009, 12:34am
"hay guys i can spam four umz i shuld git skin plz"

no.

Vivian556
14 Jul 2009, 12:39am
no.

Interesting quote there.. It is true though... :ohwell:

phatman76
14 Jul 2009, 12:39am
the idea is good, but in execution there would be problems...

Huwajux
14 Jul 2009, 04:06am
I love all the regs supporting the idea. :cheesy:

Even if giving skins to regs were possible, it would be completely unfair on supporters. Most regs contribute very little to the community and should not be rewarded as such.

DontDrunkImShoot
14 Jul 2009, 06:52am
Its fine with me i just wanted to "Suggest" it not demanding it to you.

MtrxMn
14 Jul 2009, 07:25am
What if instead of Regs you gave HGs their own skin?

trakaill
14 Jul 2009, 07:33am
will just increase spam on forums to get reg skin...and other poop involved with reg will increase so no...and HG doesnt have a skin yet so start working on that then we might think about a skin for regs!

SilentGuns
14 Jul 2009, 07:58am
Not untill we HG-s get a skin that says on the back ''SG Freeloader''

But heres a great way how to get awesome skins : what you need to do is... get supporter.

DontDrunkImShoot
14 Jul 2009, 12:46pm
What if instead of Regs you gave HGs their own skin?

You just want HG to have a skin because your almost one yourself.

We have to wait.. and be patient and someday this idea may come true.

Huwajux
14 Jul 2009, 01:03pm
We have to wait.. and be patient and someday this idea may come true.

Nope. Never. Sorry to be blunt but it actually would be impossible for your guys to get them. Like, actually impossible.
Take note.

matt 187
14 Jul 2009, 01:05pm
should try this on HG's 1st far less people to add.if this dose happen there is going to be a hell of alot of spam on the forums.

Italian Jew
14 Jul 2009, 01:17pm
How about no new skins for anyone?

matt 187
14 Jul 2009, 01:21pm
How about no new skins for anyone?

but i could make you a custom Jew skin that shoots money......

Italian Jew
14 Jul 2009, 01:22pm
but i could make you a custom Jew skin that shoots money......

lol

Everyone would want it though. It wouldn't be special. : (

Runski
14 Jul 2009, 01:44pm
hmmmm I like the idea, but in the long run. The forums wouldn't be forums. The froums would be referred to "Oops, should've stayed with supporter." Myself as a supporter, I think that there would be no point in supporter, unless you want to "Support" the community. I wanted Supporter for Adminization. The reserved slots were cool also. Anyways, our community would be ruined with the Reg Skins.

Spliff
14 Jul 2009, 02:51pm
I am more on the yes side, but that kinda defeats the purpose of supporter. If you buy supporter then you get what you deserve.

Its a good idea though.

Vince
14 Jul 2009, 03:16pm
Yes... I guess it would be dumb seeing as how the main attraction for supporting is the skins.

PingPong
14 Jul 2009, 06:24pm
I dissagree on this idea because all you would see is people trying to become regular just for these abilities. People would not want to join the community to get to know everyone instead they would be doing it out of selfishness. I highly stand against this idea. If you want cool skins get supporter simple as that.

Dracula
14 Jul 2009, 06:25pm
I dissagree on this idea because all you would see is people trying to become regular just for these abilities. People would not want to join the community to get to know everyone instead they would be doing it out of selfishness. I highly stand against this idea. If you want cool skins get supporter simple as that.

Rofl most of the regs/mems just sign up for the tag then we never hear from them again untill they get banned.

DontDrunkImShoot
14 Jul 2009, 07:07pm
Well Dracula lots of us love to stay active like me for instance i love SG i am on more then 10 hours a day staying active on forums and in game i enjoy playing with all SG esp if i get my ass kicked by campers.. its fun its a game and your all my friends and isnt that wat SG is all about?
Building a better community making friends enjoy yourself with others and laughing with others?

I now see that Getting reg skins would be 50/50 for me now because Supporters are wasting $10.00 a month in SUPPORTING the Community and they get skins but that doesn't matter to me anymore and they enjoy the reserved slots and They want Admin also, well some do.. and thats cool but i see its unfair now if US Regs Play and get a skins and not donating and i'm sorry to you regs i should have made it more clear as when i posted this thread but ... I just hope that we all come to an agreement here and not fight at some points in this thread about if We should get it or not and Im sorry for you supporters and Admins who MAY have thought that this would have gone through because then you would say "im wasting my money for no apparent reason" so they would cancel their payment and get Reg Skins
then SG would lose money and POSSIBLY shut 1 or 2 servers down because it wouldn't be affordable... Sorry supporters and admins. Keep doing your thing its great you support the community we all thank you.

-DontDrunkImShoot

Flick
14 Jul 2009, 07:23pm
Personally I don't think they should be able to get skins but skins isn't the main attraction of being a supporter you keep the community alive and you get freeslots which i use a lot for PB and sometimes escape on the few occasions i play it so im going to go with No Support

Caution
14 Jul 2009, 07:36pm
Well Dracula lots of us love to stay active like me for instance i love SG i am on more then 10 hours a day staying active on forums and in game i enjoy playing with all SG esp if i get my ass kicked by campers.. its fun its a game and your all my friends and isnt that wat SG is all about?
Building a better community making friends enjoy yourself with others and laughing with others?

I now see that Getting reg skins would be 50/50 for me now because Supporters are wasting $10.00 a month in SUPPORTING the Community and they get skins but that doesn't matter to me anymore and they enjoy the reserved slots and They want Admin also, well some do.. and thats cool but i see its unfair now if US Regs Play and get a skins and not donating and i'm sorry to you regs i should have made it more clear as when i posted this thread but ... I just hope that we all come to an agreement here and not fight at some points in this thread about if We should get it or not and Im sorry for you supporters and Admins who MAY have thought that this would have gone through because then you would say "im wasting my money for no apparent reason" so they would cancel their payment and get Reg Skins
then SG would lose money and POSSIBLY shut 1 or 2 servers down because it wouldn't be affordable... Sorry supporters and admins. Keep doing your thing its great you support the community we all thank you.

-DontDrunkImShoot

Nope. Never. Sorry to be blunt but it actually would be impossible for your guys to get them. Like, actually impossible. Unless we went to a script which is totally unneeded. Also, if your prepared to add 518 steamids then you do the work. (That was sarcasm by the way, and i didn't count HG's so its over 518 people to add current to date.).

It's not going to happen. Ever.

DontDrunkImShoot
15 Jul 2009, 05:05pm
K I think we've come to a conclusion here Someone mind closing the Thread.

MtrxMn
15 Jul 2009, 05:32pm
:lock1:

Awacs
15 Jul 2009, 05:50pm
inb4lock

trakaill
16 Jul 2009, 10:43am
inb4lock

thats not even appropriate here.....nice jump on the stupid bandwagon....

DontDrunkImShoot
16 Jul 2009, 10:54am
The Final Vote came out to 14 Yes, 21 No the other 2 No's shouldn't be counted because this thread should be locked by now..

Awacs
16 Jul 2009, 12:35pm
thats not even appropriate here.....nice jump on the stupid bandwagon....

I don't see a problem... He DID ask for it to be locked....

High
16 Jul 2009, 12:50pm
:usa2: