PDA

View Full Version : anyone one of you know what vent is ?

BORN A REBEL
11 Jul 2009, 10:53pm
i'am new here and i would appreicate the help.

Spliff
11 Jul 2009, 11:15pm
Yes vent is short for ventrilo. It is a program that our community uses to communicate. To download ventrilo what your going to want to do is visit, www.ventrilo.com/download.
From there you chose what OS you are using to download for. Once it is downloaded, you can open it up. At the very top of the program there will be three things, "UserName" - "Server" - "Bindings". Click the arrow corresponding to Username and put "India 20", then for "Server" name it whatever you want then put or ventrilo information in the corresponding boxes. For "Bindings" don't worry about those. Now you should be able to click connect. Once you are connected you will have to message an admin so they can set up a vent account.

Hope all that helps!

-Dr.Pepper

Crimson
12 Jul 2009, 03:45am
Come Join us @ our public Ventrilo

//Server IP: vent.steamgamers.com
//Port #: 4577

+download

(http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php)+How To Install

(http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php#Client_Installing)//User Setup Guide

1) Start the ventrilo program. Click on the Start button, click on Programs and then click on Ventrilo. This will display another menu option called Ventrilo that will start the actual program.

2) Click on the "->" button that is next to the first pulldown window called "User Name". This will open a new window where you can create a logon name to be used when connecting to a server.

3) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter your logon name. The name you enter is entirely up to you. It can be your real name or a nick name.

4) Click the "OK" button. You can come back to this window and click on the help button later on if you want more detailed information about what the other options mean and how to use them.

5) Now that we are back to the main window click on the "->" button that is next to the pulldown window called "Server". This will open a new window where you can enter the details about the server you would like to connect to.

6) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter a name that will describe the new server definition. The name can be anything you want it to be like: "My server" or "Joe's server". When entering a server name you don't need the quotes around it. These server names will show up in the main Ventrilo window.

7) Click "OK".

8) Click on the "Hostname or IP" input box and enter the server hostname or IP address given to you by the person hosting the server.

9) Click on the "Port number" input box and enter the servers port number. The program will automatically display the default port number of 4263 but you can change this to what ever the server needs it to be.

10) Click on the "Password" input box and enter the servers password as defined by the server administrator.

11) Click "OK" to return to the Ventrilo main window.

12) Click "Connect" to establish a connection between you and the server you just defined.

13) You should also click on the Setup button and configure all of the different options that control Ventrilo. This is very important when it comes to controlling the microphone or input source. Once in the Setup dialog click on the "Help" button. Be sure to read what all of the options are and what they mean. This is very important for the Voice page.

Guide to connecting to our ventrilo.

XeNo
12 Jul 2009, 06:19am
http://amazingtextures.com/textures/data/media/6/vent_2.jpg

Epic Bread Man
12 Jul 2009, 08:15am
http://amazingtextures.com/textures/data/media/6/vent_2.jpg

Wow...Xeno you noob...I can even shoot the vent open...Its fake..whare do I hide from Zombos now...-__-

BORN A REBEL
12 Jul 2009, 10:43am
thank you all, your comment has really helped me.

BORN A REBEL
12 Jul 2009, 11:04am
how do you message an admin to setup you account on vent

Donuts
14 Jul 2009, 12:23am
just rightclick go to user then private message a person with [AO] in front of their name on vent goood luck