PDA

View Full Version : Spamming music in disco on PB

TheVirus
11 Jul 2009, 10:08pm
I'd like to propose that spamming the music in the disco rooms on PB have punishments to them similar to mic spam. For example, the CTs order us to go to the disco, we all oblige. Two Ts then decide to play the first few seconds of two songs over and over. Since the Ts can't leave the disco without dying, this becomes incredibly annoying and distracting. You cannot mute the disco music, that I know of.

This happened to me today and I asked Caution and Crimson, I believe it was them, and they said there is no rule about spamming the music.

Summary: Can we make spamming the music punishable?

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
11 Jul 2009, 10:14pm
I'd imagine not, since the disco is part of the map and it's not really that annoying.

Dracula
11 Jul 2009, 10:17pm
Nope.

Drox
11 Jul 2009, 11:01pm
If its apart of the map then I dont see how it can be punishable, that would be like punishing someone for opening a door or picking up a gun by kicking them or banning them. Just doesnt make sense, if the music is annoying then turn down your volume?

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 11:45pm
If you're a CT, order them to stop. If they don't, kill the first one to do it.
Resolved without any harsh punishments.

Lefty
11 Jul 2009, 11:49pm
Or say No T's at DJ

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 11:51pm
Or say No T's at DJ

Sure, this could work too.
Send a CT to disco and disallow T's behind the counter.

TheVirus
12 Jul 2009, 12:00am
No, I was a T stuck in there with other Ts. They were just switching songs every few seconds. I don't care if a song plays, but they need to pick one and let it play instead of just pushing the buttons every few seconds.

Dracula
12 Jul 2009, 12:03am
No, I was a T stuck in there with other Ts. They were just switching songs every few seconds. I don't care if a song plays, but they need to pick one and let it play instead of just pushing the buttons every few seconds.

But next time I reccomend you ask before you start using your admin powers :]

SoulKeeper
12 Jul 2009, 12:32am
Ask them to stop nicely, if they continue ask a CT to do something about it.
You can always turn your volume down/off.

Fast Bullet
12 Jul 2009, 05:31am
You can always turn your volume down/off.

Not really in PB you need to have sound.

Tcp-Kill
12 Jul 2009, 05:51am
Seriously... LOL.

Type "snd_restart" to get rid of sound, but if it changes song you need to do it again.

Huwajux
12 Jul 2009, 07:05am
I find it hilarious when the Ts keep switching song. All this is really doing is raising the bar for the bitchiness level associated with PB. It's not that big of a deal and we shouldn't start handing out punishments for things like this. Perhaps if you were more focussed on starting a rebellion than sitting around doing nothing, it wouldn't be such a big issue.

Runski
12 Jul 2009, 08:58am
Nope.

Most of the time I think Dracula can be a real douche, but I agree with this one-liner.
If it bothers you so much, tell them to stop, or press the 4th button that makes no song, and just keep pressing that until a CT comes in and collects the T's. (or shoots them)

I really don't think it'd be good to make this a rules, it'd be.
-Respect other players/admins
-Don't Mic Spam
-Don't Text/Radio Spam
-No Racism
-No spamming music on the eletric map.

(I know those are just some of the rules)

We would be the only server to have that rule, and it could cost us.
so

Nope.