PDA

View Full Version : L4D Game Group

Bullet Wound
11 Jul 2009, 03:08am
Well just under a day ago Chaos semi-organized a vs l4d game and it turned out pretty fun (and fairly even too). So I figured it was so fun we should do it again and more often....than once.

So just put down your name if you have Left 4 Dead and want to play, also put how good you feel you are (this will help to make fairly even teams).

Ways to say how good you are: (In order of best to worst)

-Expert
-Pro
-Good
-Average
-Alright
-Terrible
-Complete Noob/newb/nub/narb

Example:

I'm im
-Good

Also if someone puts, that they're good but you know they suck , or if they're good and put they suck mention it. Also don't flame people...this has the potential to get flames but don't do it, unless you're interested don't comment. If you don't really know how good you are just put average.

As for how to define expert i'll try to explain them all a bit...cause i doubt anyone here is expert and that there are more averages and alrights then people are claiming.

Expert : Well you're an expert, can easily use all 4 playable infecteds effectively, and as a survivor you help make success plans and usually get to the end with all 4 med packs and green health (Against a good team, not a crap one)

Pro: You can use all 4 playable infecteds properly and some of them to their full potential, as a survivor you usually make it to the end with all medpacks, however some people usually have yellow health.

Good: You can use all 4 playable infecteds properly, and sometimes get in a good hit, as survivor you usually make it to the end with either all medpacks and red/yellow healthbars, or with 2-3 packs and good health.

Average: You can use all the playable infecteds however you sometimes screw up with a newb mistake, as a survivor you usually make it to the end with 1 or 2 medpacks and some people in the yellow.

Alright: You can use the 2-3 of the special infected properly, otherwise you usually screw up, as a survivor you usually make it to the end with green or yellow health, but no medpacks.

Terrible : You can only use 1 or 2 of the playable special infected and you're general not good with either of them, as a survivor its a 50/50 chance you make it to the end, and even if you do you're hurting bad.

Complete Noob: You can't play any special infected right, as a human you generally don't make it to the end, and if you do its usually because you've screwed over the rest of your team.

List so far(21-22 if Hazardous actually wanted to join):
-Bullet Wound [Pro]
-Jaffa [Pro]
-PingPong [Good]
-Shifty/Smurf [Alright]
-The Baltimore Ravens [Good]
-Ganzta [Good]
-Andre [Good]
-Chaos [Pro]
-Provectus-Reborn! [Good]
-MtrxMn [Alright]
-Henrikiw [Good/Pro]
-Scout [Noob]
-2 Dwarves, 1 Coat [Good- There is no expert in vs...]
-Slavic [Alright]
-Grayfox [Pro]
-Doublesb [Alright]
-BOOWY [Pro]
-Frostbyte [Good]
-MILKmafia kenn/Masterkennyg [Pro]
-Scree :) [Pro]
-Chobber [Average]

Alright we have quite a few so now we should start looking for a time to play, im free for the most part so i'll let you guys yell out a time. If you want to change how good you said you are, just say it, and i'll change it.

Jaffa
11 Jul 2009, 03:15am
Pro i guess, although i would of said your better than 'good' bullet

PingPong
11 Jul 2009, 05:52am
If it wasnt for my lag id be pro but for now put me as good untill i get a new video card xD

Smurftan
11 Jul 2009, 06:20am
I'm in Alright

The Baltimore Ravens
11 Jul 2009, 06:56am
I'm Good

Hazardous
11 Jul 2009, 10:16am
How would you define "expert?"

Ganzta
11 Jul 2009, 10:23am
If it wasnt for my lag id be pro but for now put me as good untill i get a new video card xD

same here

andre1028
11 Jul 2009, 10:41am
Jaffa's a tad better than me at L4D so I'll say good.

chaoslee12
11 Jul 2009, 11:59am
Pro

Provectus
11 Jul 2009, 12:40pm
I would define myself under Good, I don't play this game as much anymore, but I'm not total noob at it either.

MtrxMn
11 Jul 2009, 02:44pm
Alright

Henrik
11 Jul 2009, 05:06pm
Good ore pro.

CandleJack
11 Jul 2009, 05:15pm
Complete fucking noob :D

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
11 Jul 2009, 05:31pm
Expert, I know I don't play it much, but it's the mode I always play on, and I'm known for my blazing auto-

shotty, tank domination, and 5-Star pounces.

Jaffa
11 Jul 2009, 09:31pm
Only person at SG who is expert is Marquis Posa

Slavic
11 Jul 2009, 09:52pm
I'm Alllllllllllright

I can be Good/Pro when I get into the mood

GrayFox
11 Jul 2009, 10:11pm
Pro

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
11 Jul 2009, 10:15pm
Only people at SG who are expert are Marquis Posa and 2 Dwarves, he's a great player and a snappy dresser.

Fix'd.

DoubleSb
11 Jul 2009, 11:03pm
Alright

But I suck With Tank. + I don't know where the fuck I'm going in the map when I'm infected.. lol.

BOOWY
12 Jul 2009, 12:15am
Pro. Won't say expert because I don't like exploiting the game or using unrealistic strategies like cramming 4 people in one corner all on top of each other or using certain spots that exploit zombie hordes and stuff like that like camping on top of the rocks at the end of Death Toll. I also play very very defensively and watch the back a lot so I've never crowned a witch or anything like that. I don't use a mic which is kind of crippling at times but I use a lot of voice commands(that largely go ignored anyway).

Frostbyte
12 Jul 2009, 01:41am
Good. Svendy and I were both really good at one point. Im sure Svendy is still pro though.

MasterkennyG
12 Jul 2009, 09:15am
Well just under a day ago Chaos semi-organized a vs l4d game and it turned out pretty fun (and fairly even too). So I figured it was so fun we should do it again and more often....than once.

So just put down your name if you have Left 4 Dead and want to play, also put how good you feel you are (this will help to make fairly even teams).

Ways to say how good you are: (In order of best to worst)

-Expert
-Pro
-Good
-Average
-Alright
-Terrible
-Complete Noob/newb/nub/narb

Example:

I'm im
-Good

Also if someone puts, that they're good but you know they suck , or if they're good and put they suck mention it. Also don't flame people...this has the potential to get flames but don't do it, unless you're interested don't comment. If you don't really know how good you are just put average.

As for how to define expert i'll try to explain them all a bit...cause i doubt anyone here is expert and that there are more averages and alrights then people are claiming.

Expert : Well you're an expert, can easily use all 4 playable infecteds effectively, and as a survivor you help make success plans and usually get to the end with all 4 med packs and green health (Against a good team, not a crap one)

Pro: You can use all 4 playable infecteds properly and some of them to their full potential, as a survivor you usually make it to the end with all medpacks, however some people usually have yellow health.

Good: You can use all 4 playable infecteds properly, and sometimes get in a good hit, as survivor you usually make it to the end with either all medpacks and red/yellow healthbars, or with 2-3 packs and good health.

Average: You can use all the playable infecteds however you sometimes screw up with a newb mistake, as a survivor you usually make it to the end with 1 or 2 medpacks and some people in the yellow.

Alright: You can use the 2-3 of the special infected properly, otherwise you usually screw up, as a survivor you usually make it to the end with green or yellow health, but no medpacks.

Terrible : You can only use 1 or 2 of the playable special infected and you're general not good with either of them, as a survivor its a 50/50 chance you make it to the end, and even if you do you're hurting bad.

Complete Noob: You can't play any special infected right, as a human you generally don't make it to the end, and if you do its usually because you've screwed over the rest of your team.

List so far(17-18 if Hazardous actually wanted to join):
-Bullet Wound [Pro]
-Jaffa [Pro]
-PingPong [Good]
-Shifty/Smurf [Alright]
-The Baltimore Ravens [Good]
-Ganzta [Good]
-Andre [Good]
-Chaos [Pro]
-Provectus-Reborn! [Good]
-MtrxMn [Alright]
-Henrikiw [Good/Pro]
-Scout [Noob]
-2 Dwarves, 1 Coat [Good- There is no expert in vs...]
-Slavic [Alright]
-Grayfox [Pro]
-Doublesb [Alright]
-BOOWY [Pro]

Alright we have quite a few so now we should start looking for a time to play, im free for the most part so i'll let you guys yell out a time. If you want to change how good you said you are, just say it, and i'll change it.

-Pro I would consider myself a pro player at left4dead, I have beaten all of the campaigns on expert , and I usually am the last person to rage quit . those who have played with me can vouge that i am a really good player... I hope,

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
12 Jul 2009, 02:47pm
At least put me in as pro mang; just deem me a noob if I fuck up. And there is no expert in vs, but I was refering to my skills when I'm

playing campaign. Either way, I do well with all the infected (I specialize in hunters and boomers), and....well....I can't speak for other

players, but I'm usually in yellow or green at the end because I had to heal a noob.

Scree :O
12 Jul 2009, 03:58pm
noob

Chobber
12 Jul 2009, 04:03pm
Would say average

Bullet Wound
12 Jul 2009, 08:22pm
At least put me in as pro mang; just deem me a noob if I fuck up. And there is no expert in vs, but I was refering to my skills when I'm

playing campaign. Either way, I do well with all the infected (I specialize in hunters and boomers), and....well....I can't speak for other

players, but I'm usually in yellow or green at the end because I had to heal a noob.

Campaign mode is completely different strategy and thinking than VS mode, so that doesn't count AND you said you don't play often. Calling you "Good" isn't your forever be all and end all ranking in the game, so it doesn't really matter, the rankings are just to have even teams as possible.

These are the teams i made using a random number generator on the internet (sry scout you were the odd man out for now), tell me if you think the teams need to be changed up a bit. I made Henrikiw considered a pro in order to make it an even number, Chobber was considered good to make it even as well.

EDIT: Deleted the old version of teams, go to page 4 for the new teams.

Ganzta
13 Jul 2009, 11:53am
Campaign mode is completely different strategy and thinking than VS mode, so that doesn't count AND you said you don't play often. Calling you "Good" isn't your forever be all and end all ranking in the game, so it doesn't really matter, the rankings are just to have even teams as possible.

These are the teams i made using a random number generator on the internet (sry scout you were the odd man out for now), tell me if you think the teams need to be changed up a bit. I made Henrikiw considered a pro in order to make it an even number, Chobber was considered good to make it even as well.

Team 1:
Grayfox [Pro]
BOOWY [Pro]
PingPong [Good]
Andre [Good]

Team 2:
Bullet Wound [Pro]
MILKmafia kenn/Masterkennyg [Pro]
Provectus-Reborn! [Good]
Ganzta [Good]

Team 3:
Chaos [Pro]
Scree :) [Pro]
Chobber [Average]
The Baltimore Ravens [Good]

Team 4:
Jaffa [Pro]
Henrikiw [Pro]
2 Dwarves, 1 Coat [Good]
Frostbyte [Good]

No Team:
Scout [Noob]

LOL
I LOVE IT! tough luck scout

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
14 Jul 2009, 12:03pm
Ah, I see. Shanksmang.

DoubleSb
14 Jul 2009, 06:26pm

Team 1:
Grayfox [Pro]
BOOWY [Pro]
PingPong [Good]
Andre [Good]

Team 2:
Bullet Wound [Pro]
Provectus-Reborn! [Good]
Ganzta [Good]

Team 3:
Chaos [Pro]
Chobber [Average]

Team 4:
Jaffa [Pro]
Henrikiw [Pro]
2 Dwarves, 1 Coat [Good]
Frostbyte [Good]

No Team:
Scout [Noob]

:[
I'm not on a team either...

Smurftan
15 Jul 2009, 02:27pm
I'll be on Scout's team since i have NO team QQ :cry:

DoubleSb
15 Jul 2009, 04:23pm
;241194']I'll be on Scout's team since i have NO team QQ :cry:

Me nd you both buddy..

Bullet Wound
15 Jul 2009, 07:05pm
Me nd you both buddy..

Shit sorry guys, lol i forgot to inclued everyone that was "Alright". i'll redo the teams.....my bad :shocked:

New Teams:

Team 1 [Edited]:
Bullet Wound [Pro]
tucker [Alright]
MtrxMn [Alright]
Scout [Noob]

Team 2:
Grayfox [Pro]
Andre [Good]
Doublesb [Alright]

Team 3:
Henrikiw [Pro]
BOOWY [Pro]
Chobber [Average]
Slavic [Alright]

Team 4:
Chaos [Pro]
2 Dwarves, 1 Coat [Good]
Provectus-Reborn! [Good]

Team 5:
Frostbyte [Good]
PingPong [Good]
Ganzta [Good]

Not Playing
Jaffa [Pro]
Shifty/Smurf [Alright]

ckw [Alright] {Tucker posted before you so he got the slot}

Unfortunately my team is kinda screwed up now (i tired to make it two pro + alright players or 1 pro and good players) but oh well, should still be fun.

I'm thinking we'll play this Saturday at 12EST or 5pm....British time. (This will be 9 in the morning for where I am)

DaHaounD
15 Jul 2009, 08:29pm
IM awesome just ask huwajux

Bullet Wound
15 Jul 2009, 08:52pm
IM awesome just ask huwajux

So....do you wanna play?

tucker
16 Jul 2009, 12:46am
id say im alright maybee with a few more campaigns under my belt ill be good
cuz im good but usally make it with 1-3 health packs

Smurftan
16 Jul 2009, 04:20am
Bullet, Scout can take my place for now because I'm going on a trip for a month this friday.

Jaffa
16 Jul 2009, 04:36am
I'm out this saturday till late, possibly all night

ckw
16 Jul 2009, 05:05am
This sounds fun!:D
I am:
Alright

Bullet Wound
16 Jul 2009, 09:05pm
I'm out this saturday till late, possibly all night

Damn you and your social life!

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
16 Jul 2009, 09:42pm
I sleep too much to be in by 11, but I'l probably just wake up early. Point being, If I'm not there, don't count on me just being fashionably late (because I am quite fashionable, just ask Jaffa). ((I'm planning on making it so don't remove me just yet.))

Bullet Wound
17 Jul 2009, 05:25pm
Ok so everyone that wants to play we'll meet on the SG ventrillo in FPS lounge 1. From there we'll see who showed up and go from there. Hope to see you guys there tomorrow.