PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] ZM_CircusWheel

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 12:29am
Total Time Spent on map to date:

What is my map about?

CT's, T's will spawn inside booths of a circus wheel,
(or whatever the fuck those things are called that spin in a circle high in the air that a bunch of people ride. o.o)

The wheel will rotate slowly to minimize the possibility of glitching others out.

After a full rotation, the booth will momentarily be available to enter from a platform.

Booths will be kept upright for the full rotation.
(Steel beams connected to them will vary in degree as the booth connected to circulates around)

(Not decided on yet!)

- Top/bottom will be able to be broken so zombies can freely enter, leave.
(May also be used as a strategy for humans, as they can jump from booth to booth)

- Power can be turned on/off from a control point.

- Booths are breakable from the steel beam, "screws" and ext will be broken to dislocate booths.

- Falling: death/tele'd to a random booth/platform to re-enter a booth of your choice.

Basically, you'll NEED to work as a single unit and stratagize!

Completion Percentage?

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing

See: what is map about?

Programs Im using:
Hammer.

Map By:
SoulKeeper

I'm yet to figure out how I'm going to do this, but I'll try my best.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!
(And correct term to what contraption i'm talking about)

Trogdor
11 Jul 2009, 01:10am
I believe you're referring to a "Ferris Wheel"?

Anyways, sounds good, good luck.

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 01:48am
I believe you're referring to a "Ferris Wheel"?

I love you.

Karot
11 Jul 2009, 02:30am
Good Luck.

TheTruth
11 Jul 2009, 09:54am
Sounds cool good luck. Seems kinda hard but I can't even make maps ^^

Bob Loblaw
16 Jul 2009, 06:59pm
I'm not too sure how this is going to work, but if you need any help on how to make something feel free to ask.

Daft...
17 Jul 2009, 02:24am
hmm. physbox container seat things on parented hinges on a func_rotate

hmm...

hmmmmm..

Possibly could work.

but if it doesnt, it will break, and not work.

Olli3
18 Jul 2009, 12:26pm
Sounds fun, It would suck for the people on the bottom though. It would also be REALLY good if you do a 3d skybox for this one.

The Baltimore Ravens
18 Jul 2009, 12:35pm
there was one map like this in zps only the zombies tryed to break all the carts on it and if they broke 10 they won, i liked it but everyone else hated it

tucker
19 Jul 2009, 09:37pm
its a good idea but its never gonna work cuz do u know how many retards there are out there who don't care about there teammates and they don't help there teammates but if they die they blame there teammates. a lot. so just what im saying mite be the fall of the map but hey if people do learn to work together then its a easy map to win on. chances are mostly only people in SG regs members and everyone included will work together.