PDA

View Full Version : NoBlock. It's a necessity (CSS ZE)

thereisnoway
9 Jul 2009, 08:27pm
I have read all the previous posts about this, and I don't think that those ideas are even good!

NoBlock is necessary now, as for the past days that I have spent on the server, 99% of my rage and other players' rage comes from blocking people.

SO WHAT IF A NOOB CAN'T JUMP A BOX?

Well, they can learn, crouch, but not all the way before you jump on the box. It's really simple.

And this happens because it's 33 tick, you can always boost it up to 66 tick if you guys get more donations. :]

Now what happens with block:

Everyday someone glitches a player off an escape vehicle by shoving into them due to block!

For nooby players, they can't get into tight places as fast, so they hold up the whole team! Sometimes, people do this on purpose, and they ruin the game. We all know the admins are barely on and barely do anything! The last time I saw an admin do anything was SLAP FOR A PERSON BLOCKING! COME ON! They never ban, even though the person repeatedly does it!

Guys please accept getting NoBlock, at least get a scripter for eventscripts that gives you a vote at the beginning of the map to give you a choice of YES OR NO for NoBlock, it's easy now. :]

And the only con of having no block, is players not being able to stand on top of eachother to get a quick escape or getaway, but then again, that can always glitch too..

Now please, what is your response to this thread?

I will guess, "STFU NOOB, read the other threads"
or, "WE ALREADY WENT OVER THIS, THIS IS A STUPID IDEA"

Most people disagree with this.

Why don't you try it for one day?

And hey, let's make this into a poll, at least for a trial period, 1 week or 1 day, depending on what the admins decide, to use NoBlock, and see how it turns out?

andre1028
9 Jul 2009, 09:09pm
It's pretty simple actually.

-Zombies need to boost sometimes
-Humans need to boost sometimes (like at the end of Blackmesa).
- Choke spots will be rendered useless because zombies can just run through eachother
- Then we have the running through a person as a zombie and missing a stab at them
- Also places where one or two humans could usually fit will be flooded. Like the secret elevator or licciana however you spell it lol---- that makes it impossible for zombies to win.
- Sometimes it will lag alot. Having One guy inside you is alright. Having five to ten to twenty people crowded inside each other is sure to lag fps wise, I'm not sure network wise.
- Grenades.... it's really annoying having a friend jump into you when you're about to throw a damn grenade.
- Fairness. For all we know four people with m249s could crowd in each other in a corner and just shoot off zombies for the whole map.

Result of Clustering: wbDUaA00rig

The only benefits of no block would be

- no more clustering at spawn with slow buyers
- less glitching, no blocking
- smoother gameplay
- difficulty of maps will be severely lowered

Drox
10 Jul 2009, 12:14am
I'll be honest and say it, its not a good idea. I think most know the reasons why it isnt a good idea, but I will say some maps do need noblock...but not the whole server. Makes it too easy for everyone and at the same time makes it real hard for the zombies.

Spartan
10 Jul 2009, 06:28am
If you want noblock for specific maps then feel free to add your opinion. They already added it onto stuff like moria.

The Baltimore Ravens
10 Jul 2009, 06:57am
this is the 9000th noblock thread, and i still think its a bad idea.

thereisnoway
10 Jul 2009, 09:01am
You guys know NoBlock is customizable based on maps right?
You can add NoBlock to work on specific maps, like sewers? (That map is extremely crowded and no boosts are needed)

And Baltimore Ravens, your doing it wrong, failure.

It's the 9001 thread so it can be over 9000.

9000 not over 9000.

Kthxbai

thereisnoway
10 Jul 2009, 09:08am
Also Andre, that vid is terrible. So what is the point of clustering?
It's not like everyone would rush in dust2 like that. That was obviously planned.
Every noob out there never rushes.

NoBlock is epic, no lag, it would improve everything.
But you guys don't like it obviously.
You want it to be more nerve racking to play it.

Svendy
10 Jul 2009, 09:17am
i'm gonna add my comments on a few points in green

NoBlock is necessary now, as for the past days that I have spent on the server, 99% of my rage and other players' rage comes from blocking people.

since when? it hasnt been for years, if people annoying you consider getting an admin in the server to take care of plausible problems

For nooby players, they can't get into tight places as fast, so they hold up the whole team! Sometimes, people do this on purpose, and they ruin the game. get one or more admins in the serverWe all know the admins are barely on and barely do anything! we can only take action agains what we seeThe last time I saw an admin do anything was SLAP FOR A PERSON BLOCKING! COME ON! They never ban, even though the person repeatedly does it!a ban should always be a last resort. as for the offender doing t multiple times and if you dont feel the admin is doing enough, demo the offender and submit a player complaint. please remember that admin are humans, we cannot see eveything, nor can we remember everything

Guys please accept getting NoBlock, at least get a scripter for eventscripts that gives you a vote at the beginning of the map to give you a choice of YES OR NO for NoBlock, it's easy now. :]
i think we wil never make noblock optional for the whole server, if anything, as you have read in ohter thread, we will take the noblock thing up for discussion between us, if there is an extremely good reason with a lot of regular escape players support behind it

And the only con of having no block, is players not being able to stand on top of eachother to get a quick escape or getaway, but then again, that can always glitch too..
not gonna add anything here, thank you andre