PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2

Neji
9 Jul 2009, 03:17pm
I heard from people that there is gonna be new Portal.

You think it's true?

If you have a link or you know something about it then please tell me.

Valve's unique take on puzzle gameplay returns with this second entry a storyline originally begun in The Orange Box. Will there this time be cake?

JoniX
9 Jul 2009, 03:31pm
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51456

Creeping Death
10 Jul 2009, 07:52am
hmm i wonder if there will b cake?

Jaffa
10 Jul 2009, 08:51am
Its definatly true, they started working on it as soon as the first was finished. Its likely to be released along the same time as episode 3

JoniX
10 Jul 2009, 02:14pm
Its definatly true, they started working on it as soon as the first was finished. Its likely to be released along the same time as episode 3
Pink box :o?

Neji
10 Jul 2009, 04:27pm
Pink box :o?

I think it's gonna be called Red box

zapper
10 Jul 2009, 09:25pm
episode 3 and protal 2?that must be the best box eva

Akaru
10 Jul 2009, 09:35pm
I have yet to play Portal 1. I am missing out. Oh no!

SoulKeeper
10 Jul 2009, 11:26pm
Companion sphere?
Boss fight: You have to stick the sphere into gLaDoS'... nevermind.

Like Akaru, I still have to play the first Portal. ;-;

PingPong
10 Jul 2009, 11:58pm
If only valve would speed there ass's up on episode 3, i cant wait to play portal 2 and episode 3

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 12:13am
If only valve would speed there ass's up on episode 3, i cant wait to play portal 2 and episode 3

Episode 3 is rumored to be finished sometime in 2010... ;-;

SpikedRocker
11 Jul 2009, 12:37am

Episode 3 is rumored to be finished sometime in 2010... ;-;

LOL thats if they even are doing it....but there are rumors that someone might be taking the project on themselves ;-)

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 12:46am
LOL thats if they even are doing it....but there are rumors that someone might be taking the project on themselves ;-)

That'd be terrible...
In episode 3, you're going against the Advisors. They'll need to script and model their tenticals and telekinesis powers...
It'll be shit if through the whole thing they throw shit at you and you shoot them.

Provectus
11 Jul 2009, 01:09am
Holy fuck Portal 2? I gotta get that, I absolutely loved the original Portal.

phatman76
11 Jul 2009, 02:23am
I think it's gonna be called Red box

If so, I want the collector edition Red Tampon Box...

PingPong
11 Jul 2009, 05:47am

If they arent doing a ep 3 which im pretty sure isnt true i would murder someone at valve as an example to hurry the fuck up! >:)

Huwajux
11 Jul 2009, 07:41am
Valve and speed don't work too well together. At least we can consolidate ourselves with the fact that they are taking their time in order to bring an all round better experience at the end result...right?

Portal was a great game and was packed with originality, however I don't think the sequel will capture as many hearts as before. Valve is going to have to raise the bar even higher.

What made portal so great was not solely the portal gun, it was the atmosphere that was given to you. You woke up in some sort of research facility and were instructed by a robotic voice to complete the following tasks. As you went through the levels the robotic voice became a little bit sinister and you knew something was up. There were frosted observation windows on the walls, but there was nobody on the other side. Then you found the rooms behind the walls which highly constrasted the pristine hallways of Aperture's experiment facility. There was writing on the wall which generated a sense that not everything was as perfect as it appeared, since it was apparent that others had been in your position before, yet you do not know what happened to them.

None of this can really be recaptured in Portal 2, since you will know the majority of what is going on. However this is Valve we are talking about, and they always seem to pull it off with flying colours somehow.

Svendy
11 Jul 2009, 07:54am
yeah valve releases have become much less frequent sadly
i've also heard that rumor, though i cant remember where from

if anything, i look forward to black mesa source if that will ever be released...

Gator
11 Jul 2009, 04:34pm
yeah valve releases have become much less frequent sadly
i've also heard that rumor, though i cant remember where from

if anything, i look forward to black mesa source if that will ever be released...

Hell yeah black mesa source should come out sometime this year i think.

SpikedRocker
11 Jul 2009, 07:10pm
That'd be terrible...
In episode 3, you're going against the Advisors. They'll need to script and model their tenticals and telekinesis powers...
It'll be shit if through the whole thing they throw shit at you and you shoot them.

Actually nothing is known about episode 3, outside they go to the ship Borealis. But with advisors, it is not known even how many of them are on Earth. At the end of episode 2, the player didn't have a clear objective of what they needed to do at the Borealis or what Vance ment about the G-Man stuff.

PingPong
11 Jul 2009, 08:32pm
if anything, i look forward to black mesa source if that will ever be released... Yes i know what you mean. This game looks insane. One of the reasons i never beat hl1 is because how awfull the graphics were -_- but blackmesa source looks really nicely polished. I cant wait to play it

Jaffa
11 Jul 2009, 09:29pm
I believe the main reason episode 3 is taken so long is because they are trying to work the portal gun into it (note that the borealis is supposed to contain powerful lost tech, and the company which owns the ship is also the one from Portal)

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
11 Jul 2009, 10:10pm
I believe the main reason episode 3 is taken so long is because they are trying to work the portal gun into it (note that the borealis is supposed to contain powerful lost tech, and the company which owns the ship is also the one from Portal)

I imagine that getting the portal gun into HL would be tough because of the large, open areas that weren't built to be played with the PG like the areas in portal were.

Alucard
11 Jul 2009, 10:53pm
I imagine that getting the portal gun into HL would be tough because of the large, open areas that weren't built to be played with the PG like the areas in portal were.

Yeah Hl2 wasn't meant for the Portal gun but heck i played Hl2 with the portal gun and let me tell you i had a hell alot of fun with it

SoulKeeper
11 Jul 2009, 11:57pm
Actually nothing is known about episode 3, outside they go to the ship Borealis. But with advisors, it is not known even how many of them are on Earth. At the end of episode 2, the player didn't have a clear objective of what they needed to do at the Borealis or what Vance ment about the G-Man stuff.

Valve verified episode 3 will be advisors and shit.
I'll try to find it.

edit: i think i imagined that, nevermind. :x

Dante
12 Jul 2009, 03:32am
episode 3 and protal 2?that must be the best box eva

It would most likely be Half-Life 2 Episode 3, Counter-Strike 2, Portal 2, and Maybe Half-Life 3 Soon to come out. And I believe for everything, other than Half-Life 3 to be coming out possibly next year or a couple years after wards, not sure yet tho.

Prozak
13 Jul 2009, 11:04pm
I hope this turns out good.And i want some CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simmons1114
15 Aug 2009, 07:44pm
IT IS REAL CHECK WIKIPEDIA!

CandleJack
15 Aug 2009, 08:36pm
The point of bumping this thread was?

Hazardous
15 Aug 2009, 08:38pm
The point of bumping this thread was?

He did it for the lolz.

Karot
15 Aug 2009, 10:49pm

God knows how long we have been waiting for episode 3..;.

Orangejuice35
20 Aug 2009, 06:42pm
It would be cool to add bits and peices of portal in ep 3 or hl3 ep 1 what ever you really want to call it

b0red
20 Aug 2009, 07:02pm
Where the hell is my counterstrike 2

Bad Dog
20 Aug 2009, 08:00pm
Where the hell is my counterstrike 2

Check your head, I hear theres some emtpy spaces Valve may be using to hide Counter Strike Source 2, Portal 2, HL2 Ep 3 and "The" Cake.