PDA

View Full Version : Smashball Review

Frostbyte
7 Jul 2009, 10:31am
Smashball is a mod for Hl2. You dont need HL2, but I think you need a game with the source engine (Counter Strike Source for example). Its free, and can be downloaded on the steam store.

BACKDROP
Smashball is an extreme sport. Its like soccer and football, with guns, rockets, and trip mines. You hold the ball in your hands, but have to shoot it into a goal, with a goalie.

GAMEPLAY
Smashball is VERY fast paced. If you like Quake or Unreal, this fits the bill. There are different positions (or classes) and perks that you can tailor to your gameplay style.

POSITIONS
Forward: Speedy, like the scout in TF2. Vulnerable. Guns: Machine Gun, Slime gun (slows people down).

Goalie: A goalie, big a heavy. Guns: Trip mines, Gatling Gun-like thing, and a Rocket Launcer.

Halfback: Heavy offensive player, not as fast as the Forward, but more powerful. Gus: Shotgun, Rocket Launcher

Fullback: Heavy defensive player, faster than the goalie, relatively the same speed as a halfback. Lightning gun, Tractor Beam, Trip mines.

OTHER FACTS
1) You can die in smashball, but I havent yet. You get knocked down for a few seconds, then get right back up,

2) I highly suggest doing the tutorial first, it makes the learning curve a lot smaller.

3) The team names are the Blue Ballers and the Red Rockets.

4) There are some extremely good people out there who can make it from halfway across a corridor.

5) Lag in this game can be a bit annoying.

6) There are bots for the goalie if nobody picks the goalie, but they dont suck that bad.

Overall, I give smashball a 7/10 because its fun for a bit, but loses its touch after a while.

Creeping Death
10 Jul 2009, 07:51am
its so bad this mod. its mad confusing

The Baltimore Ravens
10 Jul 2009, 08:24am
yeah i liked it kinda i give it like a 6 out of 10.

Donuts
13 Jul 2009, 10:05am
i tried the tutorial but it was really laggy so i f10'd and started playing w/o knowing how i give it 3.5/10

Donuts
13 Jul 2009, 10:07am
almost constant lag overall not too good 3/10
lol forgot i posted...

Frostbyte
13 Jul 2009, 10:18am
This game got boring about a day after I installed it.