PDA

View Full Version : [POLL]No-block on Escape.

Xtrm
6 Jul 2009, 10:35pm
I have protested my point to enable no-block to the zombie escape servers. However, I am getting a few people telling me that no one wants it. So, I'm asking YOU, the people who play the server if you think no-block would improve the server.

Pro no-block
- No one can block other players out of the escape pods, aircrafts, vehicles, etc.
- Glitching people out of escape vehicles would be impossible.
- There would be no glitching if you run into someone while running.
- Less lag.
- Maps run smoother.

Against no-block
- Players and zombies cannot help their teammates crouch-jump to higher places.
-- My response - Most maps are easily beaten without jumping, there is usually an alternative route for both teams.
- Players would be able to sit on one square of the map and lag the server.
-- My response - How often does that happen?

Admins: Bottom line, without noblock people are going to get banned more and more and MORE. If we really need people to be banned, go ahead.

Players: No-block would make the game run much smoother and faster for everyone.

I do not wish flaming in this topic. If you got something personal to share, PM me to bring it up. For the AO+, please do not close this thread, I am simply trying to get the players opinion about this.

Jaffa
7 Jul 2009, 02:22am
You don't want flaming, but you present your pros and cons like a republican talking about abortion. You want a good debate, don't present the other sides argument like its worthless

Xtrm
7 Jul 2009, 02:29am
Go ahead and present your argument. I'm not stopping you. I say right there, to post your opinion. If I listen all the cons then that's sad.

Jaffa
7 Jul 2009, 02:36am
The main one i can think of off the top of my head is that no block screws up choke points. With zombies being solid, humans could hold a choke point by shooting the zombies in front. With no block on, several zombies can move inside each other in the choke points, increasing numbers at the front, and with lesser knockback on dmg caused by bullet penetration, knockback is less effective. It makes it very hard to hold any kind of chokepoint

Xtrm
7 Jul 2009, 02:38am
... Yea most people don't think of those things, they just care about the main points.

Jaffa
7 Jul 2009, 02:47am
And is supposed the main points are

Pro no-block
- No one can block other players out of the escape pods, aircrafts, vehicles, etc.
- Glitching people out of escape vehicles would be impossible.
- There would be no glitching if you run into someone while running.
- Less lag.
- Maps run smoother.

I'm referring back all responses to my first post now.

The Baltimore Ravens
7 Jul 2009, 06:38am
Havent we gone thru the whole noblock thing a 1000 times?

xDoodles
7 Jul 2009, 07:04pm
I support this. It really is good although zombies have less advantages, but it makes the game more happier without blockers and glitchers

The Baltimore Ravens
7 Jul 2009, 07:30pm
I support this. It really is good although zombies have less advantages, but it makes the game more happier without blockers and glitchers

no your wrong, zombies have more advantages, like on sst insted of one zombie comming thru the hole in the side of the base it could be 8 at a time, wich =human fail.

Drox
7 Jul 2009, 09:11pm
Why not ask which maps need no block? Since its obvious if the whole server had no block then it would be lame, but some certain maps need no block so they will be more fun like raccon city.

So my poll answer is no, but I will support certain maps getting noblock to improve the fun factor for them just not every map on the server.

Svendy
7 Jul 2009, 11:02pm
2 of your arguments, glitching and blocking, for them there is a smiple sulution: get an admin in the server.
2 of your sulutions to the 'cons':
1) No, on many maps you need to jump, and there often being noob jumpers you need to help
2) dont you think it could happen one noblock is turned no?

and anohter cons:
on maps like atix_helicopter, the whole freaking team could all glitch, should we take the map off rotation because of that?

*Queen VenomousFate*
8 Jul 2009, 12:27am
Note: The results of this poll are simply a gauge of support by a member and will not necessarily lead to any action.

Basically, as people will tell you I am willing to debate any issue or aspect of the Zombie Servers EXCEPT THIS ONE. In my one year as an AO here, I have fought the noblock battle at least once a month and often times more, every time coming to conclusion that noblock is not worthy of our Zombie Servers. Both sides are very passionate and threads such as these often lead to flame wars.

Until I see a VAST amount of support for noblock (Greater than 66%), it will not be implemented. (The reason I say 66% is because very often opinions on this issue flucuate based on the time of year, such as during the summer when kids swarm the game, and I wouldnt want any one small flucuation above 50 ruin the game).

Once the passions of being blocked by that guy subside, most people realize that noblock is not something we need.

Xtrm
8 Jul 2009, 01:23am
Note: The results of this poll are simply a gauge of support by a member and will not necessarily lead to any action.

Basically, as people will tell you I am willing to debate any issue or aspect of the Zombie Servers EXCEPT THIS ONE. In my one year as an AO here, I have fought the noblock battle at least once a month and often times more, every time coming to conclusion that noblock is not worthy of our Zombie Servers. Both sides are very passionate and threads such as these often lead to flame wars.

Until I see a VAST amount of support for noblock (Greater than 66%), it will not be implemented. (The reason I say 66% is because very often opinions on this issue flucuate based on the time of year, such as during the summer when kids swarm the game, and I wouldnt want any one small flucuation above 50 ruin the game).

Once the passions of being blocked by that guy subside, most people realize that noblock is not something we need.

If I cannot get people on board for no-block how about we discuss no-block on certain maps before people completely shut down the idea.

Such as atix_helicopter, zombies do not need to stack for any reason and the fact that people rush up the ladders and then cannot open them calls for a discussion of no-block. Or island_escape, there are not any spots that call for stacking.

Jaffa
8 Jul 2009, 02:18am
I put this in raven's escape thread as well

Maps that need no-block:

ze_xpg_escapebeta3sgedit
ze_licciana_escape_zm (only issue is secret lift, being able to fit more than 3-4 on it, although no block would solve tking there)
ze_titanic_escape_v2_2
ze_sewer_escape_v8
ze_underground_escape_final
ze_raccoon_facility_v5c

Maps i have not played, so do not know if it is needed:

ze_moutain_escape_v2
ze_fear_escape_v4
ze_cliff_escape

Jazz
8 Jul 2009, 02:35am
I do not support this statement. I like the way things are on escape. Things could get too easy with no-block.

Shadowex3
8 Jul 2009, 04:10am
If I cannot get people on board for no-block how about we discuss no-block on certain maps before people completely shut down the idea.

Such as atix_helicopter, zombies do not need to stack for any reason and the fact that people rush up the ladders and then cannot open them calls for a discussion of no-block. Or island_escape, there are not any spots that call for stacking.

Actually your argument proves more than anything your absolute ignorance (note: ignorance is not an insult) of zombiemod. Atix Helicopter has MANY points where zombies stacking is one of the most important strategies, same with island_escape.

On helicopter: The ladder of The Roof that everyone camps can be reached if zombies stack, this is one of their most important strategies on the map. The Lightpost can get a zombie on top of it and get into the helicopter before the humans get in it if zombies stack, another very important strategy on this map. The building with the wood window shutters, if a human guards the downstairs windows from zombies they can get in by stacking on a crouched zombie and trying to come at the window from a harsh angle instead of trying to crouchjump through.

On Island: Humans stack often for when assholes shoot the rocks early. Zombies stack at the end to get humans guarding the final chokepoint. Humans stack at the beginning to help bad jumpers get over the rotating spike logs. Zombies stack at the end to get over the final gate quicker than knifing it when there's few zombies there.

There isn't a single map on the server where stacking and chokepoints are not vital to the game. Virtually every single chokepoint is designed with stacking in mind, and definitely with zombies clipping each other in mind.

*Queen VenomousFate*
8 Jul 2009, 03:55pm

This creates all kinds of problems with differing map settings. Every time you add something special to a map there is just one more thing to go wrong. Beyond that, I do not know how to add noblock so i would have to get TCP to do all of my map uploads so that would be a burdon for both of us.

Noblock will NOT be added to a map just because there is no reason for it not to be on the map.

Noblock will only be added to a map if it meets ALL of these conditions
1) The map must have an overwhelming reason to have noblock on it. AKA it must have one or more areas where not having noblock completely ruins the map.
2) The map must be OVERWHELMINGLY popular, as in every time the map is played our server should be full.
3) The map is horribly one sided without noblock
4)TCP-Kill/Svendy and I must both come to an agreement that the map truly needs noblock, and that one of the two TAs is willing to tend to noblock whenever I update the map.

So far the only map that has ever met these critereon is LOTR_mines_of_moria. No other map has ever gained more than one of these criteria.

ATIX - This map is not particularly popular, it is liked, but it has been here for ages. Also if humans are not choked up when trying to get to the platform too many people will get to the platform, making it impossible for zombies. As of now ATIX is by far one of our most balanced maps and adding noblock would seriously alter the balance.

(I can give a specific example for each map if you request them, but trust me, no map other than MoM has ever come close to needing noblock.

I have played on all of these maps for longer than a majority of people here. I have played hundreds of rounds of ATIX and while blocking does occur, the majority of rounds go smoothly.

BORN A REBEL
4 Aug 2009, 05:13pm
i like the no block idea.

Bruce
4 Aug 2009, 07:36pm
Just enable in the maps that need it ffs. Enabling it on the whole server is out of question.

Maps that really need no-block:
ALL of the Lotr maps
Titanic
underground

b0red
4 Aug 2009, 08:27pm
No block is only good on certain maps because it helps zombies on maps like atix_helicopter make a zombie ladder to get up to the cts

Zargotelc
6 Aug 2009, 07:21am
Just enable it for Titanic. I love Titanic, it's a great map, but the clusterfuck at the beginning is a bitch. 30 or 40 people all stuck in the cramped bottom of a ship trying to get out, it's crazy man

August
10 Aug 2009, 02:27am
no block is a definite must on some maps.. doing away with it would ruin the point of the map and also cut many teamwork situations out
i.e.: jumping on the head of the zombie to infect the humans on the heli platform of atix heli
or another would be helping people up the boxes on sst.

Killer
10 Aug 2009, 03:09am
No, It makes some maps to human sided

But on the maps where you have tu jump when there is a constant flow of people (40 people) it makes it very difficult

Stevee
10 Aug 2009, 04:03am
I really Want No Block On The Server.
And they say ppl just croud in one corner and start shooting .
Through all the no block servers ive been on , that has NEVER happened ..