PDA

View Full Version : Favortism

Lefty
6 Jul 2009, 09:41pm
This rule is to be discussed on the Prison Break server.
For those who do not know what Favoritism is

an inclination to favor some person or group
So basically you treat someone very special and give them things over people.
I will show an example with 7 players 3 being a Counter-Terrorist and the other 4 being a Terrorist
Player 1(CT) Gives player 4 (T) a freeday to do whatever he/she wants while the other T's are to go to another destination.
While Player 1, 2, 3 (CT) Watch the other T's, Now Player 4 (T) decides to grab a gun while there not looking, He decides to rebel while there not paying attention to him as he/she thinks they don't think he will get a gun and rebel. Then he basically shoots all 3 of them in the head that quick ending the round due to Favoritism and taking advantage over it, I've seen this once in awhile and it gets frustrating to let someone have Special Treatment and take advantage over it and wish for something to be done for, and No i'm not jealous over people i wouldn't care if they got a freeday while i was a T, Its just hard for a CT to watch him/her Or none watching him/her at all times and if one person watches him/her thats 1 less CT to the team to watch over the T's therefore giving them an advantage over 1 less CT.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
6 Jul 2009, 09:47pm
I'm sorry, I read that 3 times, seriously, and I have a question. What?

Lefty
6 Jul 2009, 09:51pm
I'm sorry, I read that 3 times, seriously, and I have a question. What?

Special treatment

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
6 Jul 2009, 09:55pm
Special treatment

Nou. I've never seen that.

Runawayz
6 Jul 2009, 10:20pm

I will show an example with 7 players 3 being a Counter-Terrorist and the other 4 being a Terrorist
Player 1(CT) Gives player 4 (T) a freeday to do whatever he/she wants while the other T's are to go to another destination.
While Player 1, 2, 3 (CT) Watch the other T's, Now Player 4 (T) decides to grab a gun while there not looking, He decides to rebel while there not paying attention to him as he/she thinks they don't think he will get a gun and rebel. Then he basically shoots all 3 of them in the head that quick ending the round due to Favoritism and taking advantage over it, I've seen this once in awhile and it gets frustrating to let someone have Special Treatment and take advantage over it and wish for something to be done for, and No i'm not jealous over people i wouldn't care if they got a freeday while i was a T, Its just hard for a CT to watch him/her Or none watching him/her at all times and if one person watches him/her thats 1 less CT to the team to watch over the T's therefore giving them an advantage over 1 less CT.

ok i can kinda see where you are coming from but it is the CT's job to watch over the T's sending them in separate directions makes it harder for a CT and imo more fun for a CT..
and it gives the T's more of a chance to rebel the round is boring if a T is not rebelling.. like in the KOS clan server or wutever that place sux.. they play stupid death games the entire time and its questions.. if u get it right u pick someone to die.. just dumb... but the favoritism is the CT's choice just always keep an eye on the one T running around...

b0red
7 Jul 2009, 08:35am
its all about what the cts want, i think favoritism should be allowed who cares, kiss some ass maybe you will be a favorite :partydance:

TheVirus
7 Jul 2009, 09:15am
I've done this many times. Sometimes PB gets boring with the CTs constantly saying the same things over and over and nothing fun happens. I'll run over to a 'friend' on the T team and give him a gun or turn my back on him and nod, giving him a clue to knife me.

Guards show favoritism in real life in prisons. It's just the way things go. You annoy a CT and he'll make sure you don't get to have fun. If you obey orders or make for an interesting game then the CTs will treat you well. The only problem I can ever see with this is a CT sending a player they don't like to solitary or somewhere else while everyone else gets to play. I've never done that, personally, I've usually just given the Ts guns because the CTs were horrible or the game was getting boring because the CTs were being too strict.

As far as I know, there's no rule against showing favoritism. You cannot, as a CT, plant a gun on someone, but you can give them one if they ask for one or are willing to take it. A CT has every right to treat a prisoner how they want, within the boundaries of the existing rules.

Metal
7 Jul 2009, 09:25am

Who gives a crap...... i bet if i ask a admin to slap me they will and if you ask them they wont. does this matter at all? no it doesnt

Huwajux
7 Jul 2009, 10:11am
I've done this many times. Sometimes PB gets boring with the CTs constantly saying the same things over and over and nothing fun happens. I'll run over to a 'friend' on the T team and give him a gun or turn my back on him and nod, giving him a clue to knife me.
This is NOT allowed and is a bannable offence as it comes under teamkilling. I suggest you refrain from doing this in the future.

As for the favouritism, I find it perfectly acceptable. So long as the rest of the terrorists aren't left to just stand around in the pool and do nothing by the Cts, whilst the favourited terrorist gets to mess around and have fun, then it's fine. As long as orders are being barked by the Cts, it doesn't really matter what orders they are and who they are given to.

TheVirus
7 Jul 2009, 10:48am
This is NOT allowed and is a bannable offence as it comes under teamkilling. I suggest you refrain from doing this in the future.

As for the favouritism, I find it perfectly acceptable. So long as the rest of the terrorists aren't left to just stand around in the pool and do nothing by the Cts, whilst the favourited terrorist gets to mess around and have fun, then it's fine. As long as orders are being barked by the Cts, it doesn't really matter what orders they are and who they are given to.

I'm not sure I understand how it's team killing. If I'm a CT, am I not allowed to let a T kill me? I'm not the only person that's done this, I've seen many, many people do this.

Huwajux
7 Jul 2009, 11:03am
I'm not sure I understand how it's team killing. If I'm a CT, am I not allowed to let a T kill me? I'm not the only person that's done this, I've seen many, many people do this.
Planting a terrorist with a gun (which is not allowed anyway) then enables the terrorist the kill you and your teammates, thus making it teamkilling. Same thing applies for baiting (setting yourself up for a T to kill you), it's basically another form of planting. It doesn't matter if every single admin did it, it's against the rules and anyone caught doing it will be punished.

XeNo
7 Jul 2009, 11:34am

Planting a terrorist with a gun (which is not allowed anyway) then enables the terrorist the kill you and your teammates, thus making it teamkilling. Same thing applies for baiting (setting yourself up for a T to kill you), it's basically another form of planting. It doesn't matter if every single admin did it, it's against the rules and anyone caught doing it will be punished.
Giving a gun to a terrorist is allowed, as long as you don't punish them for it afterwards. There's been tons of threads on the subject, and it's considered 'spicing it up'.

Baiting a terrorist to kill you is not illegal unless you have a nade ready to explode on them all, suiciding is not against the rules (essentially what they're doing) and if a terrorist decides to kill them they can suffer the consequences.

While I agree with you that it can in a form be teamkilling, it is not directly.

It's not like you're killing them, just making it harder for them as they still have full advantage over what happens in the situation, if a T kills you if you wanted them to, CT's still have full right to instantly kill that T.

Lefty
7 Jul 2009, 12:27pm
Who gives a crap...... i bet if i ask a admin to slap me they will and if you ask them they wont. does this matter at all? no it doesnt

I see no reason for me to be slapped

Huwajux
7 Jul 2009, 01:01pm
Giving a gun to a terrorist is allowed, as long as you don't punish them for it afterwards. There's been tons of threads on the subject, and it's considered 'spicing it up'.

Baiting a terrorist to kill you is not illegal unless you have a nade ready to explode on them all, suiciding is not against the rules (essentially what they're doing) and if a terrorist decides to kill them they can suffer the consequences.

While I agree with you that it can in a form be teamkilling, it is not directly.

It's not like you're killing them, just making it harder for them as they still have full advantage over what happens in the situation, if a T kills you if you wanted them to, CT's still have full right to instantly kill that T.
It states in the rules that Cts are not to give Ts guns, no exceptions.

Baiting a terrorist to kill you is essentially another way of getting around this rule, which is what players are trying to do all the time. It effectively ends up as teamkilling because the Cts are not expecting this kind of thing to happen. They think they have all the guns covered/emptied, so they do not anticipate that one of their own would betray them and screw them over. Nine times out of ten some poor sod standing too close to the Ts will get shot in the head, his guns will drop and then that is when the Ts have their chance. Prison break isn't meant to work like that.

Cts guard the armoury and other guns lying around to prevent the terrorists from rebelling, and when a teammate decides to give them a gun anyway, it kind of defeats the purpose and is like a kick in the teeth.

Teamkilling, directly or indirectly, is teamkilling (and against our rules). We as admins should use our common sense to judge when indirect teamkilling is going on and make a call on it.

TheVirus
7 Jul 2009, 06:53pm
It states in the rules that Cts are not to give Ts guns, no exceptions.

Baiting a terrorist to kill you is essentially another way of getting around this rule, which is what players are trying to do all the time. It effectively ends up as teamkilling because the Cts are not expecting this kind of thing to happen. They think they have all the guns covered/emptied, so they do not anticipate that one of their own would betray them and screw them over. Nine times out of ten some poor sod standing too close to the Ts will get shot in the head, his guns will drop and then that is when the Ts have their chance. Prison break isn't meant to work like that.

Cts guard the armoury and other guns lying around to prevent the terrorists from rebelling, and when a teammate decides to give them a gun anyway, it kind of defeats the purpose and is like a kick in the teeth.

Teamkilling, directly or indirectly, is teamkilling (and against our rules). We as admins should use our common sense to judge when indirect teamkilling is going on and make a call on it.

I think an AO+ needs to verify this before we go any further. The rules state that you cannot plant a gun, meaning you can just give a gun to a T without warning. I hardly doubt that means that if a T says, 'Give me your gun, please' and you oblige, that you're breaking a rule.

I will discontinue playing this way until an AO+ speaks up. I really don't see how it can be against the rules if a T is willing to kill you and/or accept your gun. It's no different than a T stabbing you in the back when you're not paying attention.

I will not argue this point, but PM some higher ups to chime in and give us clarification.

TheVirus
7 Jul 2009, 06:55pm
I see no reason for me to be slapped

He was saying that if he said, 'Admin, please slap me', the admin may do it because the player finds it fun/entertaining. Conversely, he's saying that if you asked the same question the admin may no oblige because they don't know you and don't want you to complain about abuse. He's not saying that he's requesting an admin to slap ANOTHER player, only himself.

TheVirus
7 Jul 2009, 07:38pm
I spoke with Crimson and he said that it is indeed baiting. Letting a T kill you and take your weapons as well as giving a willing T a weapon is baiting. He said that it's a slayable offense and usually nothing more. I will stop giving Ts weapons as of now.

*Queen VenomousFate*
7 Jul 2009, 11:47pm
AOs ruling - According to our rules, giving a T a gun is a punishable offense. No details are given as to circumstances, so i would say all acts of giving a gun intentionally to a T are punishable offenses.

Prisoners are prisoners, they are supposed to bait you and try and make you mess up (Although baiting into things like racism is still punishable).

Lordcrazy
8 Jul 2009, 01:08pm
I don't want to sound like prison break should do everything they really do in real life but one example of favoritism in real life is Al Capone he was given a luxury sweet i think it was in Alcatraz where he had everything a comfy bed, a real toilet, a dresser. He had lots of things because he was favorited a lot. thats all i have to say....