PDA

View Full Version : "1" spammers

Undercover
6 Jul 2009, 02:30pm
if you play in the minigames server you kno how many "1" spammers there are, i have a question and an idea. Would it be better to change 1 as "-" so when the rtv is done then the map wont change forcing people to vote something else

dr|jake
6 Jul 2009, 02:47pm
I honestly think this will simply cause 2 spam

PingPong
6 Jul 2009, 02:52pm
The reason people 1 spam is because they dont care what map it changes too, they wanna be assholes, or there to lazy to read what maps are up for nominee and just press 1. That would proboly cause 2 spam but it would fix 1 spam atlleast :D?

Toxin
6 Jul 2009, 02:56pm
I honestly think this will simply cause 2 spam

Maybe, but I don't even think it is possible to set it that 1 is something else.

MtrxMn
6 Jul 2009, 03:08pm
I wish there was a way to make 1 choose a random map so it wasnt just map 1 95% of the time.

Drox
6 Jul 2009, 03:10pm
This happens on every server with rock the vote and honestly when rock the vote is going on the chat is getting spammed anyway with vote notices. So really it doesnt matter except to let the people who are 1 or 2 spamming, make them feel as if there suggestion matter at all.....which it doesnt.

SpikedRocker
6 Jul 2009, 04:28pm
There isn't a way to change that setting in mani...or at least I have yet to see a "fix" to this. Its something most of us have come to live with and just make fun of the 1 spammers and their lack of actually picking a map.

Metal
6 Jul 2009, 05:08pm
does this matter...

cakeshark
6 Jul 2009, 05:30pm
ive found on some of the SG servers, that if there is 2 more votes required for rtv; if you nominate a map, rtv, and someone else soon rtvs (within about 20 seconds): the map you nominated will be the first choice. thats the only way ive found to control 1 spammers. make them work for you!

MtrxMn
6 Jul 2009, 05:44pm
ive found on some of the SG servers, that if there is 2 more votes required for rtv; if you nominate a map, rtv, and someone else soon rtvs (within about 20 seconds): the map you nominated will be the first choice. thats the only way ive found to control 1 spammers. make them work for you!

I remember when I would do this when the ba_jail_prison map when it didnt dl properly, just to prove the marjority of people were retarded. Soon after everyone was kicked for not having the map.

Bubbles
6 Jul 2009, 05:56pm
if you play in the minigames server you kno how many "1" spammers there are, i have a question and an idea. Would it be better to change 1 as "-" so when the rtv is done then the map wont change forcing people to vote something else

this is why you "Nominate" your favorite map so it pops up at #1

=]

Dante
6 Jul 2009, 07:22pm
Doesn't always work with that, I always nominate and try to get a friend to nominate the same map so that i know for sure it's at the top.

Crazy Dane
7 Jul 2009, 09:42am
I hate those 1 spammers.. But yes, I've seen it. Why don't they take time for voting instead of just pressing 1?

Octa
7 Jul 2009, 12:56pm
I hate those 1 spammers.. But yes, I've seen it. Why don't they take time for voting instead of just pressing 1?

i think they already answered that. They are assholes, they dont care, or they are to lazy to look and see what the maps are.

Shadowex3
8 Jul 2009, 04:18am
Or we're trying desperately to switch to our primary gun. Letting people change their votes (if possible) may help with the instinctive 1tarding. I've seen plenty of people 1tard for canyon or xpg and suddenly start swearing when they realise what they've done.

Spjerre
8 Jul 2009, 06:05am
There isn't a way to change that setting in mani...or at least I have yet to see a "fix" to this. Its something most of us have come to live with and just make fun of the 1 spammers and their lack of actually picking a map.

I belive there is a diffirent kind of voting system. There is one with mouse clicks and one where you have to type vote first. I'm sure one of them will work.

Oh and about one spammers I think its because they don't want that voting box to be there when they play. They are here to play, not to vote... So they just press something to make it go away.
If that's not the cause then yes they are aholes

Jazz
8 Jul 2009, 08:28am
Nahhh, most of time when I play the 1 map is the one I want to play on. For example in Escape, "1" ze_sst_b2.bsp.

Anyways, after a while you can just rtv on a map that you don't like and hopefully the map will change :)

c0bra067
8 Jul 2009, 11:13am
Oh and about one spammers I think its because they don't want that voting box to be there when they play. They are here to play, not to vote... So they just press something to make it go away.

I've done that a few times. Usually I look for the map I want, even if its on the next page, and me and 2 other people vote for it, but there have been a few times where a fucking zombie is trying to get in my asshole, so I just spam 1 to survive that extra 15 seconds. There should be something so the round after an RTV is initiated, there is a 30 second pause on the game at spawn so people don't feel rushed to vote, and after the 30 seconds its unpaused, all votes are registered and the 5 second timer begins.

Tyler
8 Jul 2009, 04:12pm
They do get annoying, and the voting system where you have to type vote that spjerre mentioned would most likely work.

b0red
8 Jul 2009, 05:52pm
i always thought that they should have a 5 second wait time so some one spammers might get mad and see whats up and than see a map that they like and actually have a meaningful vote. Also a easy way to get people to vote for the map you want is get your friends to nominate it because the more people that nominate it, than it might become number 1. Also maybe setting 1. to just say hey im a ASS HAT!!! and than have to randomly change numbers so some people could have a wasted vote and look like a ASShat, i know this would take a large amount of scripting but i think it might be able to happen.

cakeshark
8 Jul 2009, 08:34pm
yeah ive mis-voted many a time. worst is when the votemap gui appears right as you wanna get your nade or knife out. cant count all times ive voted map 4, gotten raped, and then sat there dead in spec fuming over how i would be alive if that vote didnt come up, and how im pissed i voted for map 4 lol. when i have time to vote, i wait, and look at what the vote count is. if i can influence vote to another map i will vote accordingly.