PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server; Donations

Zero001
10 Dec 2007, 03:20pm
Zombie Murder has grown significantly in the past few months. In order to keep up with the changes and secure our needs for the future, the Board of Directors has come to an agreement and has decided to purchase a dedicated server to host our games.

This is a major change and one that will require the help of the community. Financially, the dedicated server will push us beyond our current funds and so we ask all who can to donate towards our cause. Even if you cannot donate monetarily we ask that you stick with us and help populate the servers you enjoy gaming on.

For those of you who remember Zombie Murders previous attempt with a dedicated server, I can assure you that this is completely different and this will work. The previous server was inferior in every way. It was basically just ¼ of a server partition just for us. This time around we will have our own server with 8 XEON CPUs built just for us. A server of this quality would be more than enough to host 350+ slots.

With our dedicated server we intend to move all of our current games with the exception of GunGame and UK Escape. Napalm slots will be moved up, and on a Windows server the physics will return to original Napalm quality. Escape servers will most likely move up in slots as well and we will continue to provide a balance for lag free play. TF2 32 slots are a lot easier to manage on Windows (a relief to me) and we intend to launch a successful server. All other changes will come accordingly as resources will still be available for ZM’s use.

If it doesn’t work out, we will be given a refund and we will continue on our current servers. We are confident that we won’t have to do this, so you should be too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please offer us your support and continue gaming on our servers. Here’s to a more enjoyable gaming experience for all. Cheers!

Make A donation (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=haggard%40zombiemurder%2ecom&item_name=Donation%20to%20Support%20Zombie%20Serve rs&item_number=208100361427015&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8")

£cho
10 Dec 2007, 03:28pm
Sounds like an agenda! :)
I'll see what funds I can scrap together to support the cause.

VirDeBello
10 Dec 2007, 05:04pm
I am gonna donate some money as soon as my mother seperates my bank account from the family's I can do everything I wanna do ^_^ Yay! aka donate and pay for admin lmao

Silent
10 Dec 2007, 05:29pm
I was really excited when we were talking about this in the EO room and personally I think its an amazing idea. With more slots and less lag this will let us be flexable with our growing community.. YAYY

and cheers zero, ill drink to that ;)

mew
10 Dec 2007, 05:58pm
Napalm back to normal? sweeeeeeeeeet... holiday bonus checks are just around the corner, count me in!

Haggard
11 Dec 2007, 12:50pm
Zero forgot to mention that we have a target goal to purchase this dedicated server no later then Dec 18th so if you intend to pitch in to help us, please try and put in your donation by that date. If we cannot raise some fund for this purchase we will have to abort this idea till late January due to renewal constraints with our current host.

You can track the progress of donations toward our goal in the top left Navigation Panel of the forum.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their support in this effort and let you know we are excited about this upgrade and all the benefits we will receive from owning a dedicated server.

Biscuit
11 Dec 2007, 08:58pm
Well wut can i said it sounds good to me.

Haggard
12 Dec 2007, 01:22pm
Special thanks to these people who have already donated:

Broncoty
Biscuit
SuperSkyz
Silent Zombie

Only $47 left to our goal and only a few days left!!!!

Biscuit
12 Dec 2007, 02:42pm
pretty soon Halfway to go.:cool:

Reunion
12 Dec 2007, 02:58pm
cheque

Silly Brits. :P

mew
12 Dec 2007, 08:02pm
1/4 to go!!!

Silent
12 Dec 2007, 09:09pm
Now $21.00 left to go :D

Thanks again to:
-Broncoty
-Biscuit
-SuperSkyz
-Mew

Biscuit
13 Dec 2007, 02:54am
come on ppl keep it up where is the money????????
we take from $.01 to (w/e u want to give us)
almost there time is money and time is runing so better let the money run 2.

[ZM] Biscuit.

Red
13 Dec 2007, 09:43am
"realised" lol

Haggard
13 Dec 2007, 01:19pm
Thank you Itch for your donation!!!!

All donaters so far:
-Broncoty *
-Biscuit
-SuperSkyz
-Mew *
-Silent
-Itch

*tied for largest single donation

Only $17 left to go.........

Haggard
13 Dec 2007, 02:31pm
We have reached our goal and will now be able to purchase our dedicated server!!!! I want to thank everyone who donated, and thank all of our current admins for their support and monthly payments. Without our admins none of this would be possible. Thanks again to all.

To anyone who would like to still donate, we will have a new goal setup for next month soon.

Everyone please say thanks to our donaters who made up 100% of our goal:
-Broncoty
-Biscuit
-SuperSkyz
-Mew
-Silent
-Itch
-Red Tampon

Henda
13 Dec 2007, 02:52pm
Aye thanks to everyone who donated. With the new dedicated server comes the ZM donator skins, nothin special but they look nice.

SuperSkyZ
13 Dec 2007, 02:53pm
Glad i could help :P:fight:

Reunion
13 Dec 2007, 03:25pm
From what ive heard, this should be an awesome improvement. :)

Red
13 Dec 2007, 03:37pm
I sure hope so. The prospect of a 32 slot tf2 server already has my panties in a wad.

Zero001
13 Dec 2007, 03:38pm
WooHoo! Thank you all so much. This is a major improvement for the community. Be sure to check in for the new IP’s when they’re released and remind your friends of the change.

LitKey
13 Dec 2007, 05:05pm
Tight, thanks donaters. How long will the downtime be between the move?

Zero001
13 Dec 2007, 05:07pm
Tight, thanks donaters. How long will the downtime be between the move?

No down time. We'll actually have the old servers up for re-routing for some time.

LitKey
13 Dec 2007, 05:11pm
dewd, schweet :cool: