PDA

View Full Version : Button Spamming - DR

MPQC
6 Jul 2009, 12:50pm
Hey. I know the rule in DR of "Do not spam the button." This refers to pressing the buttons before the ct's arrive there. Now, I was wondering if we could get this reworded. People continuously tell me that I'm wrong, and that t's cannot push the same button more then once. (Then they always try to back up their argument using the rule stated above.) So - could we reword it? To anything such as:

"Do not push the buttons before the ct arrive at the trap"

It would be greatly appreciated.

Dracula
6 Jul 2009, 12:56pm
Just tell them to shut the fuck up and if they have a problem bring it here.

MPQC
6 Jul 2009, 01:02pm
Will do.

Fast Bullet
6 Jul 2009, 01:55pm
There are certain traps that cannot be done if the T spams it.So i usually say don't use the trap more then 2 or 3 times .

Huwajux
6 Jul 2009, 03:03pm
Will do.
Don't listen to him, seriously.

This rule does tend to get people bitching about it and trying to get around it, if it could be made clearer (like the one MPQC posted), then it would shut a lot of people up.

MPQC
6 Jul 2009, 03:13pm
There are certain traps that cannot be done if the T spams it.So i usually say don't use the trap more then 2 or 3 times .

Did you even read the post?

SpikedRocker
6 Jul 2009, 04:25pm
Well what fast bullet posted was what the rules intention really was. People pushing buttons early are just douchebags. People who do that continually after being asked not to should be moved to ct and if they have a problem with it then they can bring it here. I'm not big on adding a rule for idiots who screw themselves.

MPQC
6 Jul 2009, 04:39pm
It's not that the rule is wrong, it's that it's misworded, which constantly leads to confusion. In deathrun, spamming buttons refers to buttons being pressed more then once. So, in the rules, it says "Do not spam buttons". People take that as do not push the button more then once. Because of this, when people push a button more then once, you get several kids screaming in their mic of "button spammer". Yes, after awhile, you get it all sorted out. But that's after your ears have done a little bleeding. Rewording it would fix all confusion, which would make it much easier to explain to them.

*Simply put, people are taking the rule the wrong way. It needs to be reworded.

Toxin
6 Jul 2009, 04:42pm
Yeah, simply rephrase the rule, because it does cause confusions and way too many players that get killed get mad and start bitching about this.

SpikedRocker
6 Jul 2009, 04:45pm
So I do guess the entire world is full of idiots. Button spamming is deemed by the admin. If anything I'd add that little tid-bit but I always thought you know I had to lay it out for the 2 year olds to get it. :-/

Toxin
6 Jul 2009, 04:59pm
So I do guess the entire world is full of idiots. Button spamming is deemed by the admin. If anything I'd add that little tid-bit but I always thought you know I had to lay it out for the 2 year olds to get it. :-/

It is not full of idiots.
It's full of whiners, griefers and other assholes that find loopholes in our rules and abuse them.
Unless our rule will exactly state what it is supposed to enforce, there will always be idiots QQing about it.

Metal
6 Jul 2009, 05:23pm
wasnt if for repeatable traps you can only do it twice.

SpikedRocker
6 Jul 2009, 05:36pm
It's full of whiners, griefers and other assholes that find loopholes in our rules and abuse them.
Unless our rule will exactly state what it is supposed to enforce, there will always be idiots QQing about it.

Well then you've made my point, no matter what we do people will QQ about rules cause they want to be in the right. Seems to me you just ran into a bunch of smart ass people who just need to shut up and play how everyone else is playing or GTFO.

MPQC
6 Jul 2009, 05:47pm
It's more like this. Let's make up a rule for the de/cs server. "No planting bomb at A with less then 5 people". Then, this rule also refers to no planting B either. The admins know what it should mean, but the players don't. With 4 players, a person plants B. The admin gets pissed, because he's not supposed to do that. The admin then needs to explain what the rule actually means. Just like in deathrun, the rule refers to the wrong action.

The rule needs to be fixed, spamming doesn't mean pushing buttons early to anyone but the admins, and the people that have already been yelled at. Every new person believes that it's pushing the button more then once.

Huwajux
7 Jul 2009, 02:49pm
Well then you've made my point, no matter what we do people will QQ about rules cause they want to be in the right. Seems to me you just ran into a bunch of smart ass people who just need to shut up and play how everyone else is playing or GTFO.
Spiked I'm not sure what is wrong, but MP is just trying help by getting a rule to be made a little clearer, because at the moment it is fairly opaque and leaves it open for interpretation.

It's a hassle having a rule like that there being misinterpreted all the time and having to explain it to people to make it clear. It's not that we don't know how to deal with these kinds of people, it's having to deal with these people in the first place. If the rule was clear we could just go "You can't spam the buttons, read the motd".

It shouldn't really take too long to fix either. :thumb:

Fast Bullet
7 Jul 2009, 04:29pm
I tink thats its best to change that rule to "Don't use the trap more then once"

Huwajux
8 Jul 2009, 07:27am
I tink thats its best to change that rule to "Don't use the trap more then once"
No, if people are too slow to get past a trap after it has been activated, it is their own fault. The exceptions would be for traps that can be repeatedly spammed, although even then that would have exceptions. For example, I allow the spinny stick thing to be spammed on solidsnake and metals, as all that takes is a little skill.