PDA

View Full Version : Mic Spamming, what is it really?

Silverman
5 Jul 2009, 09:24am
What is considered Mic Spamming? As a Reg now I was kicked without warning by an Admin for Mic Spamming. I was told by said Admin, who will remain nameless or I'd lodge a complaint, that any use of HLSS or other wise is Mic Spamming... that any sound clip played is Mic Spamming. I was under the impression that Mic Spamming meant you were either using the Microphone in excess with your own voice OR playing long sound clips (over 5 seconds or repeatedly). Could someone please tell me what SG considers spamming? I imagine this has been covered or there is a rulebook somewhere, but I wanted to have a discussion about it.

:confused1:

CandleJack
5 Jul 2009, 09:26am
Mic spamming is spamming the mic over and over

Playing music

Sounds

Crying into the mic when u die

Trogdor
5 Jul 2009, 10:09am
any use of HLSS or other wise is Mic Spamming... that any sound clip played is Mic Spamming.

I don't really think so. If somebody has a short and quiet recording of a funny or simple statement, like "om nom nom" or "stop whining", if it is quiet and isn't an annoyance I will usually allow it. If you play a sound like this repeatedly though, I will usually tell them to stop or mute them. If they continue it leads to kick/short ban.

High
5 Jul 2009, 10:58am
any use of HLSS or other wise is Mic Spamming... that any sound clip played is Mic Spamming.

This.

MtrxMn
5 Jul 2009, 12:01pm
I remember when Billy Mays was on a while ago and had a lot of Billy Mays audio clips he kept playing and everyone thought it was funny except the admin :(

Caution
5 Jul 2009, 12:17pm
Yup, any use of HLSS.

To be honest though, I don't think it really matters if somebody uses it to basically talk, but without spamming.

Akaru
5 Jul 2009, 02:02pm
My definition of mic spamming is anything said or done over the mic that is unnecessary. HLSS, HLDJ, crying, yelling, laughing, and the likes.

Metal
5 Jul 2009, 02:07pm
Mic spamming is spamming the mic over and over

Playing music

Sounds

Crying into the mic when u die

or talking to much....
<------

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
5 Jul 2009, 05:08pm
Since I don't have a mic, and my computer for some reason unknown to me and to microsoft doesn't

support mics, I use HLSS every time I play, using the classic "Stop Whining" and towelie's well-

known "Wanna get high?" Sometimes, I'll admit to playing a song when EVERYONE agrees and doesn't

object. As long as NO ONE minds and EVERYONE is having fun with it, I believe admins shouldn't

care, because in the end, isn't having fun what being on an SG server is all about?

Dracula
5 Jul 2009, 05:55pm
Since I don't have a mic, and my computer for some reason unknown to me and to microsoft doesn't

support mics, I use HLSS every time I play, using the classic "Stop Whining" and towelie's well-

known "Wanna get high?" Sometimes, I'll admit to playing a song when EVERYONE agrees and doesn't

object. As long as NO ONE minds and EVERYONE is having fun with it, I believe admins shouldn't

care, because in the end, isn't having fun what being on an SG server is all about?

Nope.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
5 Jul 2009, 07:17pm
Nope.

Get out.

Kamakazii101
5 Jul 2009, 08:05pm
What is HLSS and HLDJ?

Trogdor
5 Jul 2009, 08:14pm
What is HLSS and HLDJ?

They are basically programs that "let you play audio files over the voice communication system in any Half-Life- or Source-based game".

PingPong
6 Jul 2009, 12:27am
Mic spamming imo is when people use the mic for 99.9% of there playing time. Like that one 9 year old ( no offense ) who wont stop talking on minigames. Also hlss and screaming into your mic

Tcp-Kill
6 Jul 2009, 12:47am
Hear that sound? Bitch got served.

Tyler
6 Jul 2009, 04:07am
I think its basically what you said, and the people that play songs when "everyone" agrees, it still gets annoying, there is a program called itunes you can listen to music on

Jaffa
6 Jul 2009, 04:19am
Pretty much, if an admin asks you to stop using your mic for any reason, stop.

If a player asks you to stop, stop.

2fast
6 Jul 2009, 08:22am

agreed

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
6 Jul 2009, 10:25am

Exactly.

I think its basically what you said, and the people that play songs when "everyone" agrees, it still gets annoying, there is a program called itunes you can listen to music on

I take pity on you for paying iTunes for music.

Tyler
6 Jul 2009, 11:36am
I take pity on you for paying iTunes for music.

you dont have to pay them to listen to music i never said one word about buying it, itunes is a free program that find all the music on your computer and puts it into one library.

Silverman
8 Jul 2009, 06:37pm

Trouble is when you get kicked or banned without warning...