PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on Variety server?

raven maniac
4 Jul 2009, 04:15pm
Have trikz, bhop, XC, & Slide all on 1 server. Since each individual mod gets boring after awhile we could start this server up and it would keep a nice variety on this server as well as stay interesting.

Thanks to Lelouch for helping with the idea.

Harbor
4 Jul 2009, 04:16pm
i approve of this!

edit: thanks raven :D

MtrxMn
4 Jul 2009, 04:16pm
I know my opinion doesn't really matter but i think this is a great idea.

raven maniac
4 Jul 2009, 04:17pm
*cough cough* .....

Awsome idea lelouch!

no problem raven -.-

but i approve of this!

hey, you came up with the slide part....I suggested the Variety server anus. ;]

Harbor
4 Jul 2009, 04:18pm
hey, you came up with the slide part....I suggested the Variety server anus. ;]

i said you should put it on climb!

raven maniac
4 Jul 2009, 04:20pm
i said you should put it on climb!

I don't think nuggs wants to get rid of climb though. You did suggest putting it on climb though. :thumb:

Jaffa
4 Jul 2009, 04:24pm
Would all the maps run with the same settings?

Harbor
4 Jul 2009, 04:30pm
nope that was what me and raven were talking about for slide you would need a script

raven maniac
4 Jul 2009, 04:34pm
Would all the maps run with the same settings?

The slide would need it's own seperate settings, but XC, Bhop, & Trikz would all use the same settings. With the ability to use !cp.

Jaffa
4 Jul 2009, 04:38pm
My main worry is that, by having so many different types of map, you;'ll get a few joining to play one type, then leaving once the map changes to a different type, and the server won't pick up numbers.

Harbor
4 Jul 2009, 04:41pm
yah or people coming because they likeee variety, and wouldnt you need 100 tick

TheVirus
4 Jul 2009, 04:53pm
I like variety. I've never played any of those types but a server that changes often is good news to me, especially if I don't like the mod that's being played I can just come back later.

Fast Bullet
4 Jul 2009, 05:15pm
Have trikz, bhop, XC, & Slide all on 1 server. Since each individual mod gets boring after awhile we could start this server up and it would keep a nice variety on this server as well as stay interesting.

Thanks to Lelouch for helping with the idea.

Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!

Best idea i ever heard in my life you sir get + rep!

Edit: I love the 2 mods that are colored in red

Harbor
4 Jul 2009, 05:22pm
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!
Approve!

Best idea i ever heard in my life you sir get + rep!

Edit: I love the 2 mods that are colored in red

it was my idea too :(

JoniX
4 Jul 2009, 05:30pm
Go Raven and Lelouch :thumb:

Jaffa
4 Jul 2009, 05:37pm
My main worry is that, by having so many different types of map, you;'ll get a few joining to play one type, then leaving once the map changes to a different type, and the server won't pick up numbers.

This ^

Also, would this be a compltely new server, or would it replace climb?

raven maniac
4 Jul 2009, 06:01pm
This ^

Also, would this be a compltely new server, or would it replace climb?

Well, there's going to be a chance where people will join on mods they like and leave on ones they don't but at least the server's activity would be high.

As for replacing Climb, I'm not sure because I think nuggs wants to keep that server. Although, I don't see the point in it if we have this server made.

Trogdor
4 Jul 2009, 06:11pm
This would be a hard server to get populated. I think if we got it to where it had a good amount of players on each mod it would be fun but you also don't want 30 players on a trikz map. So I think it'd be cool if we we tried it, but I'm not sure how it would do activity-wise.

MtrxMn
4 Jul 2009, 06:59pm
I was chatting with them while they discussed it. I can has .1% credit?

raven maniac
4 Jul 2009, 07:25pm
This would be a hard server to get populated. I think if we got it to where it had a good amount of players on each mod it would be fun but you also don't want 30 players on a trikz map. So I think it'd be cool if we we tried it, but I'm not sure how it would do activity-wise.

Not 30 players, like 12-15 players. Doesn't have to have a shit load of slots.

Trogdor
4 Jul 2009, 07:34pm
Not 30 players, like 12-15 players. Doesn't have to have a shit load of slots.

30 was an exaggeration. 15's a lot for trikz as well but I think it would still be fun. I was trying to say that for one mod you might want more players and for another one you might want less but I don't think that would be a problem with this combination actually.

Good idea Raven and Lelouche.

Akaru
4 Jul 2009, 08:30pm

Would you rather have people joining and leaving because of different types of map, or would you have a nearly empty XC server with no map variety because barely anyone makes XC maps (if this were to replace the Climb server). I have finished about 90% of the maps on rotation and the 10% no one ever votes for during map votes.

tinkerbell
4 Jul 2009, 08:38pm
kills all the birds in a glass house!!

yeah, would stop people saying " can we get this server" i would play on it as well, not the bhop one cos i cant bhop, i will just watch on that one

Trogdor
4 Jul 2009, 08:43pm
Would you rather have people joining and leaving because of different types of map, or would you have a nearly empty XC server with no map variety because barely anyone makes XC maps (if this were to replace the Climb server). I have finished about 90% of the maps on rotation and the 10% no one ever votes for during map votes.

There were a bunch of XC maps on the server when I went. If not, why not replay it? It seems like it's just as fun. If you don't think so, make a map. It is not hard.

It's not empty. It has people on it during the day and, like Red and Haggard say a lot, SG is one of the last communities that has and sustains a pure XC server.

PingPong
4 Jul 2009, 09:29pm
Great idea raven. I dunno about the slide though since it would run on diffrent setttings

Ulrich
4 Jul 2009, 11:03pm
Dont know what XC or trikz are, but i greatly support.

Bodybag
5 Jul 2009, 01:07am
what if it was a climb where u make it to a end so its kind like a race and u have to do all those.. so its like an obstacle course also.. that would be an interesting map.. you could make several different variations of maps to go along with this. and since others take longer than we could make the slide harder and longer so it would take more time and what not because if someone is on trikz that takes a little while also because not everyone can get everything on the first try =D

Jaffa
5 Jul 2009, 02:34am
We could always try adding new maps to climb :O

Svendy
5 Jul 2009, 03:52am
i wouldnt like to have it replace the climb server (it has a good handful of people on once in a while), we could just leave out the climb maps on that server. ohter than that i'm fine with it.
raven do you know the server settings for each of the gametypes?

raven maniac
5 Jul 2009, 05:41am
i wouldnt like to have it replace the climb server (it has a good handful of people on once in a while), we could just leave out the climb maps on that server. ohter than that i'm fine with it.
raven do you know the server settings for each of the gametypes?

bhop,trikz, & XC are all the same. It's in the XC server files we'd just have to copy it over, as for slide that would need totally different server settings so a config would have to be made, and those settings I'm not sure of.

Jazz
5 Jul 2009, 08:16am
If this idea is succesful.

Why not take one "BreakFloor" map to the napalm server?

PingPong
6 Jul 2009, 02:45pm
Bhop and trikz require 100 tic. Please tell me its not 66...