PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach

Spliff
2 Jul 2009, 07:27pm
Are there any predictions on what Halo Reach is going to be like?
HERE IS A SMALL VIDEO
MqIEvH7sGQ0

Creeping Death
3 Jul 2009, 02:03pm
A mob of people trying to get it like halo 3

Delirium
8 Jul 2009, 09:59am
It's gooing to look like any other Halo game, a pointless campaign and bullshit laggy multiplayer.

TheTruth
8 Jul 2009, 10:09am
It's gooing to look like any other Halo game, a pointless campaign and bullshit laggy multiplayer.

I don't remember online lagging o.o

tinkerbell
8 Jul 2009, 10:13am

shit???

Ultramarine
8 Jul 2009, 10:38am
Over rated, over praised piece of shit???

Fixed

tinkerbell
8 Jul 2009, 10:42am
Fixed

i knew i missed something but couldnt put my finger on it

Omar
8 Jul 2009, 10:45am

Omg... The story and campaign are awesome, the multi runs flawless, it's just YOUR shitty internet connection

TheTruth
8 Jul 2009, 03:39pm
.P.S I never said I wasnt going to buy it.

Why would you buy it if you said it's pointless and laggy? If thats what it is then whats the point of even playing it. I'm not buying this game but not for those reasons.

Tyler
8 Jul 2009, 04:38pm
Why would you buy it if you said it's pointless and laggy? If thats what it is then whats the point of even playing it. I'm not buying this game but not for those reasons.

i lol'd, he has a point, Also I dont lag at all on halos online play.

But I think its going to be like Halo: ODST since I think there done with master cheif storys.

Delirium
8 Jul 2009, 05:13pm
For friends that I enjoy playing with.

Neji
8 Jul 2009, 08:02pm
Same thing as Halo 3. They're gonna add some things. Better graphics, You can make your own armor, new easter eggs(Skulls), New weapons/vehicles and new achivments. I heard that they're gonna add new "evil guys", and you can choose 3 characters: MC(Master chief), Alien, and something else, but I don't know if it's true or not.

Tyler
8 Jul 2009, 10:31pm
Same thing as Halo 3. They're gonna add some things. Better graphics, You can make your own armor, new easter eggs(Skulls), New weapons/vehicles and new achivments. I heard that they're gonna add new "evil guys", and you can choose 3 characters: MC(Master chief), Alien, and something else, but I don't know if it's true or not.

If that is true I bet the third guy is gonna be a brute

Runski
9 Jul 2009, 04:28am
If that is true I bet the third guy is gonna be a brute

or a grunt, like a super-fast, super powerful grunt.

Anyways, Im a fan of Halo, played all 3, besides Wars. I plan on getting Reach whenever it's price is acceptable. So I don't care if anyone says "You gotta get this" I'll say, sure.... then when they get it they might of wasted $60 on a $20 worth game. Dunno if that is how this turns out though. But I'll wait.

Frostbyte
9 Jul 2009, 11:57am
I love how you guys predit whats going to happen in a game that has little to no gameplay, and a teaser trailer. Maybe if you weren't prejudiced by the fact that the Halo series sells well and has a massive fanbase, you might enjoy the damn game. Hell, at least play the damn beta when it releases with ODST and give a valid, informed opinion.

andre1028
9 Jul 2009, 01:55pm
If you read the books you'd understand the backstory and the immenseness of the Halo universe. Master Chief didn't fight on Reach by the way, he was fighting on 'Gamma Station' trying to destroy a UNSC NAV in orbit over Reach. The rest of the Spartan IIs battled on Reach. Sadly if it's based on Reach (battle fully) we won't see any Spartan IIIs. I predict this game will be basically be like Halo 1 (Combat Evolved) because Master Chief didn't get his Mark VI armour till he got back to Earth. That means a possible chance of the return of the weak shield and possible HP system (woot). Who knows they might feature some levels based on his training on Reach including some team based missions with fellow Spartans on Rebel Bases like with Kelly and Linda (I don't remember if Fred was on their first mission)

Brutes didn't appear in the Halo universe till the battle on Unyielding Hierophant with the surviving Spartans from Reach so it's possible we're going to see mostly Elites, Jackals, Grunts, and hopefully the neutral Covenant 'Engineer' that appeared in Halo: First Strike. Hunters didn't appear till like half way in the Fall of Reach lol.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea of the multiplayer of Halo lagging. It's perfectly fine. It only usually lags in BTBs with more than 14 people because there's usually one person with a shitty internet connection. Regular Slayer matches with 4v4, 5v5, and sometimes 6v6 never lag at all.

Ultramarine
9 Jul 2009, 03:15pm
If you read the books you'd understand the backstory and the immenseness of the Halo universe. Master Chief didn't fight on Reach by the way, he was fighting on 'Gamma Station' trying to destroy a UNSC NAV in orbit over Reach. The rest of the Spartan IIs battled on Reach. Sadly if it's based on Reach (battle fully) we won't see any Spartan IIIs. I predict this game will be basically be like Halo 1 (Combat Evolved) because Master Chief didn't get his Mark VI armour till he got back to Earth. That means a possible chance of the return of the weak shield and possible HP system (woot). Who knows they might feature some levels based on his training on Reach including some team based missions with fellow Spartans on Rebel Bases like with Kelly and Linda (I don't remember if Fred was on their first mission)

Brutes didn't appear in the Halo universe till the battle on Unyielding Hierophant with the surviving Spartans from Reach so it's possible we're going to see mostly Elites, Jackals, Grunts, and hopefully the neutral Covenant 'Engineer' that appeared in Halo: First Strike. Hunters didn't appear till like half way in the Fall of Reach lol.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea of the multiplayer of Halo lagging. It's perfectly fine. It only usually lags in BTBs with more than 14 people because there's usually one person with a shitty internet connection. Regular Slayer matches with 4v4, 5v5, and sometimes 6v6 never lag at all.

You mean to tell me that 6v6 games dont usually lag? Amazing, Xbox live is soooo worth the 50-60 dollars a year... and here i thought my 16 vs 16 Killzone 2 matches with no lag where amazing. Or MAGs 128 vs 128.

Remind me again why you pay for Xbox live when it's just using your OWN console for hosting the player-to-player games?

andre1028
9 Jul 2009, 03:31pm
You mean to tell me that 6v6 games dont usually lag? Amazing, Xbox live is soooo worth the 50-60 dollars a year... and here i thought my 16 vs 16 Killzone 2 matches with no lag where amazing. Or MAGs 128 vs 128.

Remind me again why you pay for Xbox live when it's just using your OWN console for hosting the player-to-player games?

16v16 matches on Killzone 2 don't lag because of dedicated servers. Games like Socom prove how badly laggy peer to peer multiplayer is on the PS3 and I'm sure the Xbox 360 and PS3 have the same magnitude of problems regarding lag. Don't try to differ them. Besides even quick matches on L4D and a simple Gold Rush on Bad Company lags like shit at times.

I'm sorry but I don't recall any Xbox 360 owners barging into PS3 threads and saying how awesome they are and how the games in the thread suck. Please don't give me your bullshit if you don't even have a Xbox 360 because there's no point to an opinion if there's no experience. Basing Xbox Live over one game is really narrow minded. Besides, only a couple games actually use dedicated servers. Consoles from the very beginning have always been matched through Local Area Networks and through Client Hosting and it will stay like that for a long time. There will inevitably always be lag no matter what unless everyone suddenly upgrades to 10MB internet connections. People who really give a shit about dedicated servers usually move on to a PC and even those type of games have client hosting too.

fucking fanboys.

*P.S. $50 is nothing. You can get a damn Janitor job at Walmart and make that in one shift with the minimum wage.

TheTruth
9 Jul 2009, 03:55pm

1. Are you trying to make $50 sound like a lot? You can get a job at Shaws as a bagger and make that much money in about 2 weeks.

2. MAG isn't out yet so how are you supposed to know it doesn't lag?

3. Don't try to act like Killzone 2 never lags because I've played it before and it lags.

4. ALL games can lag. Standby button? Lag switch? Shitty connection?

5. I love how fanboys try to act like the PS3 is the top console and everyone loves it. Lets see something. The number 1 top sold/shipped game on the PS3 is Grand Tursimo 5..... with 3.31 million copies sold. Now thats the #1 best selling game for the PS3. The 360's top 6 games all sold more than the PS3's #1 game.

Ultramarine
9 Jul 2009, 07:18pm
1. Are you trying to make $50 sound like a lot? You can get a job at Shaws as a bagger and make that much money in about 2 weeks.

2. MAG isn't out yet so how are you supposed to know it doesn't lag?

3. Don't try to act like Killzone 2 never lags because I've played it before and it lags.

4. ALL games can lag. Standby button? Lag switch? Shitty connection?

5. I love how fanboys try to act like the PS3 is the top console and everyone loves it. Lets see something. The number 1 top sold/shipped game on the PS3 is Grand Tursimo 5..... with 3.31 million copies sold. Now thats the #1 best selling game for the PS3. The 360's top 6 games all sold more than the PS3's #1 game.

1. It's not alot, it's the fact that you are Paying for a Player-To-Player online system, something that is, by rights, free, seeing as how you are HOSTING part of the game.

2. Every major gaming website has had hands on time with MAG, a 64 vs 64 player game... know what they all said? No lag.

3. I play it all the time, and the only times i ever experience lag was during it's first month of release. After 2-3 patches, nothing wrong with it.

4. Yes, All games can lag.

5. did i say the PS3 was all so glorious? no, all i said was that Xbox Live is ripping you off charging for something that is free and that YOUR console hosts, Only 2 Xbox 360 games use Dedicated Servers. (Infact, Microsoft tried to charge with Games for Windows live aswell, and that flopped harder then a fat kid screwing up a jump into a pool and landing smack onto his stomach, which is why it's free now)

5.5:

MGS4: over 5 Million sales, being the PS3's highest selling game.

Also, that GT5 game is actually GT5 Prologue, a Demo, and that Certain Demo has sold almost as much as Forza 2 did on the 360...

Also, why exactly are you talking about sales? Last time i checked, a gamer played Games, not sales.

TheTruth
9 Jul 2009, 07:48pm
Also, why exactly are you talking about sales? Last time i checked, a gamer played Games, not sales.

Lets see. You asked why I'm paying for Live? That's because I want to play games that aren't terrible. Every time I hear a PS3 owner say how bad Xbox is they say " OMG U HAS TO PAY MONEY TO PLAY ONLINE!!!!!!!11" Well lets see. Are the PS3 games as popular as the 360 games? No. That is why 360 players pay the $50 (less then a new game) for a year of online play. Plus, every time you buy a game, you are giving the PS3 another game sold, so last time I checked you buy a game, Sony makes a sale.

Ultramarine
9 Jul 2009, 08:14pm
Lets see. You asked why I'm paying for Live? That's because I want to play games that aren't terrible. Every time I hear a PS3 owner say how bad Xbox is they say " OMG U HAS TO PAY MONEY TO PLAY ONLINE!!!!!!!11" Well lets see. Are the PS3 games as popular as the 360 games? No. That is why 360 players pay the $50 (less then a new game) for a year of online play. Plus, every time you buy a game, you are giving the PS3 another game sold, so last time I checked you buy a game, Sony makes a sale.

So... Sales = how good a game is?.... Guess the Wii is the best console this generation and Wii Fit is the best game?

TheTruth
9 Jul 2009, 08:27pm
So... Sales = how good a game is?.... Guess the Wii is the best console this generation and Wii Fit is the best game?

If you read what I wrote you'd see that I said Sales = Popularity not Sales = Quality. Please read what I say before you randomly post shit.

Obviously Wii Fit is a good game if people are buying it. If Wii Fit was the worst game ever people wouldn't have bought it.

And BTW, Wii Sports had more copies sold and second was Wii Play. I don't know where you got your info from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

andre1028
9 Jul 2009, 08:56pm
http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/members/vertigo+paris/albums/misc+pics-36/thread-derail-1953.jpg

TheTruth
9 Jul 2009, 08:59pm
http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/members/vertigo+paris/albums/misc+pics-36/thread-derail-1953.jpg

Oh I iz sorriez:focus:

Lefty
9 Jul 2009, 11:35pm
Looks sick, hopefully its good like the 3 of them

Karot
10 Jul 2009, 01:35am
Case and point if you like halo 3 you will like halo: reach.

Delirium
12 Jul 2009, 05:46pm
OMFG ANDRE that is amazing +1

MasterkennyG
12 Jul 2009, 07:16pm

whats halo reach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TheTruth
12 Jul 2009, 07:39pm
whats halo reach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Reach/default.aspx

Spliff
13 Jul 2009, 08:19pm
My question is, will you still be Master Chief?

Italian Jew
13 Jul 2009, 08:36pm
My question is, will you still be Master Chief?

There might be a possibility of a mission him, but I'd expect most of the game to revolve around the other Spartans.

Spliff
20 Jul 2009, 09:23pm
There might be a possibility of a mission him, but I'd expect most of the game to revolve around the other Spartans.

So do you think that this will be before Master Chief?

b0red
20 Jul 2009, 09:28pm
i heard they are using Natal on it. So its going to be like Halo wars in my opinion and its going to suck

Spliff
20 Jul 2009, 09:35pm
i heard they are using Natal on it. So its going to be like Halo wars in my opinion and its going to suck

Wait so this is going to be Age of Empire style again. Cause if it is I will make an appearance at Bungie Studios and its gonna go down. Just kidding but that is complete garbage.

Italian Jew
20 Jul 2009, 10:30pm
So do you think that this will be before Master Chief?

No, the Master Chief was involved with Reach, just not to the extent with all the other Spartans. Read the book and you will understand what they will be focusing on.

Wait so this is going to be Age of Empire style again. Cause if it is I will make an appearance at Bungie Studios and its gonna go down. Just kidding but that is complete garbage.

A Microsoft rep stated Reach was going to be a FPS. His exact words were "Of course it's an FPS,". It won't be like Halo Wars.

b0red
20 Jul 2009, 10:48pm
Italian Jew thank you. My friend said it was on natal so i assumed
Than if its a fps it will be good

DrZomby
20 Jul 2009, 11:43pm
Italian Jew thank you. My friend said it was on natal so i assumed
Than if its a fps it will be good

well your frend is dumb >.>

i'll buy it aslong as a good forge comes with (needs a good forge like far cry 2, build hills make water....that kinda stuff...no confusing stuff like SDK :d)

tucker
21 Jul 2009, 12:22pm
your not gonna play as master chief ur gonna play as another spartan fighting on reach and this takes place just before the events of halo 1 cuz the planet reach got destoryed and they warped out of there and accidently warped to halo.
IF U WANT TO KNOW MORE READ THE BOOKS JUST GOOGLE HALO: THE FALL OF REACH

Runski
21 Jul 2009, 01:41pm
I think that they should stop focusing on Chief so much, I mean he is best of the best, but there are 3 games already about him, we need to focus on other spartans >.>

Kappa The 3rd
23 Jul 2009, 10:33pm
I personally would love to play as one of the Spartan III's their SPI armor would be so bad ass.

maybe follow the plot line of onyx? i would definitely buy it

Gundude54
26 Jul 2009, 06:14pm

TheTruth
26 Jul 2009, 06:16pm

Very good post...

Metal
27 Jul 2009, 08:11am
this game is going to suck.....
so much halo but its over.......

this looks like a re-make of their 1st game marathon
well i saw the E3 video of this i haven't seen any other info on this

andre1028
27 Jul 2009, 11:57am

lol what?

Spliff
27 Jul 2009, 01:03pm

No its not going to end like this. I'm pretty sure the pro's in MLG are going to stick with Halo 3. Therefore Halo 3 shall never end.

ckw
27 Jul 2009, 04:11pm
I think it might be the spartans extincion, because there been alot of complains that we havent got enough info about their background. and they say: We got spartans on the ground sir. we aint going anywere.
That what I think it might be;P

Cant wait on the game!:D it will hopefuly be good!^^

DrZomby
27 Jul 2009, 05:21pm
I'm getting it...just for a future reference, your not going to be MC in H3, this is set back 20 yrs before new mambosa got burnd down, but, you'll be seeing alot of spartans and new vehicles (cant whats for teh vultures :D) also, i got a pre-order on H:ODST which would be fun if you dont like the old halo....(health bar, no recharge?, good stuff, firefight mode :D, and recon helmet :D) also, i hope the multiplayer isnt a buch of little kids who yell non-stop :\

andre1028
28 Jul 2009, 12:41am
nope not 20 years... more like a year to a couple months lol. Halo 1 took place where they just barely escaped the overrunning of Reach. 20 years ago Harvest was overrun not Reach.

Italian Jew
28 Jul 2009, 01:32am
nope not 20 years... more like a year to a couple months lol. Halo 1 took place where they just barely escaped the overrunning of Reach. 20 years ago Harvest was overrun not Reach.

Seems like a lot of predictions are coming from people who have not read the books or know anything much about the canon.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
28 Jul 2009, 07:46am
Seems like a lot of predictions are coming from people who have not read the books or know anything much about the canon.

I think there will be guns.

TheTruth
28 Jul 2009, 08:53am
I think there will be guns.

Really? I think they might take them out.