PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 09

Lux
2 Jul 2009, 12:47pm
So we're coming up to the finals of Wimbledon again and in the mens draw fan favourite Andy Murray of Britain takes on Andy Roddick of USA :laser: :usa2:

Looking at the previous results Murray is the favourite to progress to his 2nd Grand Slam final but Roddick is the World's biggest serverso you never know, although is 5 set battle with Hewitt will have tired him.

The other semi final is between the defeator of Djokovic...Tommy Haas against Roger Federer. Hard to see Haas beat Federer because Federer has hardly put a foot wrong though.

Without Nadal it's missing a great contender but it gives Murray a bigger chance :dance:

In the womens............the Williams sisters are in a showdown at a Wimbledon Final for the 4th time and no real suprise there although Serena almost lost in one of the longest womens games in history.

I love watching Wimbledon especially when it is so hot outside I love tennis as a sport because it has everything you need.....continuous points being played. A battle of strength, skill and tactics it's great :clap:

Anyway who do you think will win? The women's is a bit hard to decide but I think in the men's Federer will beat Murray after a long 5 set game.

Italian Jew
2 Jul 2009, 01:23pm
Federer all the way. NUMBAH 15!

All Roddick has is his serve. Once you break that, the match is yours. Murray is completely capable of breaking Roddick's serve and will go through to the finals, but lose to Federer 3-4 sets. If Federer keeps playing well throughout, he will beat Murray handily. If he struggles, it might take him to 5 sets, but unless Murray has the best match of his career while Federer doesn't, I don't see Murray winning the final.

Last year's Wimbledon final between Nadal and Federer was epic, even though Federer lost. It sucks that Nadal couldn't get better in time. His knee still isn't healed fully and I hope it doesn't remain a problem throughout his career.

I don't really care for women's tennis, but it is cool that the Williams sisters are at it again.

Lux
2 Jul 2009, 03:46pm
It's hard to know. After Murray's big defeat in the US open final Murray came back and has definitely improved whilst Federer has been up and down.

Murray has a big advantage in head to head statistics agaisnt Federer, but have they played each other on grass I'm not too sure.

Federer will be the slight favourite but I wouldn't say the tournament is Federer's at all Murray can still go up a level.

Lux
3 Jul 2009, 11:49am
NoOoOoOoO!

Roddick won 3 sets to 1 6-4, 4-6, 7-6, 7-6 in most certainly his best game of his career.

Despite Murray serving more aces than Roddick he struggled to play the game to his strengths as Roddick's suprise tactics down possibly to his new coach being key to his victory.

So that means a Roddick vs Federer final again, heart break for Murray but at 22 he still had his best Wimbledon and will come back stronger.

tinkerbell
3 Jul 2009, 11:51am
NoOoOoOoO!

Roddick won 3 sets to 1 6-4, 4-6, 7-6, 7-6 in most certainly his best game of his career.

Despite Murray serving more aces than Roddick he struggled to play the game to his strengths as Roddick's suprise tactics down possibly to his new coach being key to his victory.

So that means a Roddick vs Federer final again, heart break for Murray but at 22 he still had his best Wimbledon and will come back stronger.

come on man, we all know that a british player will never win wimbledon in our lifetime

Lux
3 Jul 2009, 01:18pm
come on man, we all know that a british player will never win wimbledon in our lifetime

Now that is rubbish, and against the odds.

The chance of Murray winning Wimbledon is high for me, once Federer loses his prime unless anyone else who is better steps along Murray may just beat Nadal.

tinkerbell
3 Jul 2009, 01:19pm
Now that is rubbish, and against the odds.

The chance of Murray winning Wimbledon is high for me, once Federer loses his prime unless anyone else who is better steps along Murray may just beat Nadal.

did you know it was 71 years ago since the last time a british player won Wimbledon

Lux
3 Jul 2009, 01:36pm
did you know it was 71 years ago since the last time a british player won Wimbledon

Yes but when was the last time we had such a great talent as Murray? 71 years ago.

Trogdor
5 Jul 2009, 11:57am
http://i39.tinypic.com/2vwtq9e.jpg
(Not actual Wimbledon 09 picture, I just thought it was a good pic.)

Congrats on 15, Federer!

I was rooting for Roddick but I'm okay with how it turned out. Roddick played better than ever before.

TheTruth
5 Jul 2009, 12:17pm

Congrats Federer!

I was rooting for Roddick but I'm okay with how it turned out. Roddick played better than ever before.

He looks evil.

Lux
5 Jul 2009, 03:32pm
Yeah the Wimbledon final with the MOST amount of games EVER :shocked::clap::shocked::clap:

Well done to Roddick I really thought that he might snatch the victory it was definitely the game of his career even if he did only just lose.

Spliff
20 Jul 2009, 11:35am
WOOOO GO Federer

tinkerbell
20 Jul 2009, 11:38am
a bit late on the reply........i think, lost track of the time concept.

matt 187
20 Jul 2009, 11:53am
(Not actual Wimbledon 09 picture, I just thought it was a good pic.)

Congrats on 15, Federer!

he has that pedophile Look in his eyes

Spliff
21 Jul 2009, 03:46pm
he has that pedophile Look in his eyes

Yeah he does lol.