View Full Version : [Finished] dr_BillyMays

Olli3
29 Jun 2009, 01:49pm
-:"Map Name":-

deathrun_billymays_b1
Total Time Spent on map to date
4 1/2 Hours
What is my map about?

Its a tribute to Billy Mays, which most of you know, passed away on June 28th. This will have all/most of his products which will be converted into traps.
Completion Percentage?

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing
I will be taking his products, using custom textures to help depict it better, and turning them into traps.

Screenshots

On Page 2.
Link to FPSB WIP
NOU
Programs Im using
Source SDK
Paint
VTFEdit
PakRat
Map By
Olli3 and Billy Mays

Tyler
29 Jun 2009, 02:03pm
Hope its a fun map, wonder what impact gel is gonna be D:

Chainedlord
29 Jun 2009, 02:29pm
Sounds like an awesome tribute!!
OXYCLEAN FTW :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Olli3
29 Jun 2009, 02:41pm
Hope its a fun map, wonder what impact gel is gonna be D:

I don't know, I'm thinking that it will be like you're M&M's and a hammer crushes you or something like that, or if it even will be in there o.o

Lefty
29 Jun 2009, 07:57pm
Pretty good tribute to him, going to be interesting

Trogdor
30 Jun 2009, 01:31pm
Yeah, sounds very unique and, if executed right, a lot of fun.

Good luck Ollie

PingPong
30 Jun 2009, 01:35pm
This is gonna be a great map

skitzophranic
30 Jun 2009, 01:36pm
weres the Michael Jackson Map..??!?

Olli3
30 Jun 2009, 02:01pm
What traps can I make of him?

Olli3
30 Jun 2009, 02:21pm
Update:

I added a "secret" room, that has 2 smoke grenades with a "R.I.P" sign attached to them. I am working on the first trap, I have finished the spawn room, made the secret hard to find but heres a hint:

-Damage 'Java for dummies'
-Invisible platform with teleport at end.

matt 187
30 Jun 2009, 02:31pm

there's already a pedobear map that's enough.

skitzophranic
30 Jun 2009, 02:53pm
there's already a pedobear map that's enough.

lol! :D and tht 1 map
were he pops up at the end.. oooo

Olli3
1 Jul 2009, 07:35pm
Update:

-Finished spawn room { Added AFK-Killer, Secret HE nade and 2 Smoke Grenades with "R.I.P" attached to them}
- Added props to hallway

-Added 3 traps: Kaboom, Mighty Putty and Oxi Clean Detergent Ball (Get on the ball!)

Info:
Will be adding screenshots probably later today, and I will be adding some traps that arent related to Billy Mays, because its kind of hard thinking of ways to make a trap with a product that doesnt look like it can do anything..

Dark Synth
1 Jul 2009, 10:02pm
Y'know... having these products kill you sounds demeaning to them in way. (IMO)

What I thought would be a nice idea is to have a reminder that this is a tribute to Billy and does not reflect the abilities of the products.

P.S Maybe the impact gel can be a gag-trap at the beginning (where it doesn't kill you), where the T's can't control it, and is basically an example of what is further down the map.

c0bra067
1 Jul 2009, 11:05pm
if you need some help beta-testing this jsut pm me, id def be game. sounds sick

Spjerre
2 Jul 2009, 02:51am
What traps can I make of him?

Improved Oreo version? ;b

Anyway I can't wait till the big city slider. Gief 5 burgers!

Gumpy
2 Jul 2009, 07:21am
Make a trap involving his beard.

Olli3
2 Jul 2009, 09:33am
Make a trap involving his beard.
Will do!

But here are some late screenshots!

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3654/deathrunbillymaysb11.png
The spawn room. Nothing really nice, just a spawn room. 2 Secrets, one of the pop machines to the right have 1 HE nade hidden in them. The other secret is to activate a button, and it will activate a teleported to get you a [R.I.P] nade. (Hint: Keyboard.... not a java book)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1791/deathrunbillymaysb12.png
This is just a hallway, no traps here. Just tried to add some detail (book cases) so it doesnt look too bland.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5495/deathrunbillymaysb14.png
The first trap, I tried to make it look like spray bottles, but those are 'Kaboom'. The terrorists press the button, and it will activate 3 steam entities, but they look more like spray. If you are anywhere near/infront of the spray, you die. It also features Billy Mays' voice saying "You need Kaboom! (It can be activated every 15 seconds, so move quick!)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3715/deathrunbillymaysb15.png
This trap, is as you can see.. Mighty Putty!!!! What happens is that when the Terrorists press the button the gates close you in, and a roll of Mighty Putty, rolls down from a wall. You cannot jump because there is a pushing force from above you! So if this gets you, you are DEAD.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4267/deathrunbillymaysb16.png
This trap is "Oxi Clean Detergent Ball"!. What happens is when a T press the button, theres a pushing force down above the pool so it push es you under and there is a Rinse cycle! Be careful because the awesomeness of the Oxi Clean Detergent Ball may cause it to fly out of the rinse cycle!

Thats all as of now. And I don't think these are demeaning, these are just a fun little thing that shoes the products Billy Mays did.

Jaffa
2 Jul 2009, 09:53am
Get some images of billy mays stuff to decorate with :)

Olli3
2 Jul 2009, 10:08am
As soon as I finish it, I will do that. Its just trouble right now since I have Windows 7 Beta and it ran out, and it restarts my comp every 2 hours..

Tcp-Kill
2 Jul 2009, 10:24am
I will help you as much as i can, i love billy mays.

Good idea, you are my hero.

Olli3
2 Jul 2009, 10:46am
I will help you as much as i can, i love billy mays.

Good idea, you are my hero.

Alright, can you help me with product ideas?

Anyways, Im going to add 2 traps, (These arent the last...) One is going to be the:

Quick Chop:
There is going to be doors on each side and you walk in. If you're inside the Quick Chop when the T presses the button, you're going to become minced.

Big City Slider Station:
You walk ontop of it, and if a T presses a button, you get SQUASHED.

Ganzta
3 Jul 2009, 05:51am
zorbees:
have a pool of water , when the T presses the button, zorbees is dropped in the pool and the water level lowers until nothings left, and have something at the bottom so when the CTs touch the bottom they die

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Jul 2009, 04:37pm
cool map idea.

Taylor
5 Jul 2009, 06:25pm
It would be funny if everytime a trap kills someone billy mays would say I GUARANTEE IT!

Also, damn you Olli3 :P I was thinking of doing a billy map D: Anyhow. It sounds like it will be a bunch of fun.........I GUARANTEE IT!

i'll help in anyway possible!

TheTruth
5 Jul 2009, 06:51pm
Awesome Auger: A drill comes down and drills the CT's :)

Samurai Shark: A bunch of knifes fall down and you have to run by them.

Handy Switch: There's a lamp and you have to jump over it but the T's can hit the button and turn on the light so it electrocutes the CT's.

Steam Buddy: Have something on the ground and when the T's hit the button steam comes out of the Steam Buddy (which would float above the ground) and kill the CT's.

Impact Gels: A foot comes down and stomps on the CT's.

Flies-Away: There's a fly trap that falls on the CT's and it kills them.

Hercules Hook: A picture or a heavy object falls on the CT's.

Alpha2
6 Jul 2009, 11:39pm
Handy Hook: A picture or a heavy object falls on the CT's.

You don't know that it's called Hercules Hook?! Do you not love our sweet prince?!

Spliff
7 Jul 2009, 07:10pm
This map sounds like it is going to be awesome.
I'll post some external links with lists of some of his products.

http://www.asseenontvvideo.com/Billy-Mays.html
http://www.infomercialsitv.com/celebrity/billymays.htm

Hope those help.

TheTruth
7 Jul 2009, 07:28pm
You don't know that it's called Hercules Hook?! Do you not love our sweet prince?!

I was looking back at my other suggestions. Fixed.

Noobster
7 Jul 2009, 09:08pm
oo good idea lol.. gl on ur map cant wait to c it

The Baltimore Ravens
7 Jul 2009, 09:10pm
I wanna play this map sooo bad it looks so awesome.

Olli3
9 Jul 2009, 04:38pm
Alright, I added some non-Billy mays traps, but only some. I just started working on it again and I added 'Big City Slider Station' and 'Handy Switch'.

Trap Descriptions:

Big City Slider Station:
You walk on the bottom part of the 'Big City Slider Station' and when a T presses the button, the top part comes down and squashes you.

Handy Switch:
You walk by a lamp, and if a T activates the 'Handy Switch' then the lamp turns into a tesla coil, and kills you.

Plans:
when you get to the end, you will have a choice between 2 or 3 'Killing Songs', which will be a choice between Rap Chop or Jam Wow, they are both here.

Rap Chop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA
Jam Wow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CztvSpKdCeY&feature=channel_page

I have also decided NOT to use the 'Speed Mod' thing that makes you run fast because all traps are 1 press, 1or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 kill(s).

I am near completion and will post screen shots possibly today. I will also need some testers for it, if you want to help me test it, then just message me, and if you show up on the day I select to test it, Ill put you're name in the credits, deal?
And thanks Kottonmouth, you'll be in the credits :D

All in all,
Thanks for all the help guys!

Karot
10 Jul 2009, 06:17pm
Cant wait to play. I can has tester?

Olli3
10 Jul 2009, 08:56pm
alright, add me on steam, Olli3rox is my username

TheTruth
10 Jul 2009, 09:14pm
Can't wait to test it :D

Karot
10 Jul 2009, 10:45pm
I tried but it says you are ignoring me, add me gotpwned6

Bodybag
11 Jul 2009, 09:57am
whats the mighty mend it trap gonna do? a fan blows u into it and u cant move and it kills u slowly? xD

Olli3
11 Jul 2009, 11:19am
Alright guys, Its all done. Karot and me played all of it and found many, if not all bugs. If you guys still want to test, then sure. But I'm ready to release it to the public

Also.

I added 2 more traps

Trap Descriptions:

Steam Buddy:

If you are in the Steam Buddys way when the T's press the buttons, you're steam'd :D

Hercules Hooks:
When the T's press the button, the floor turns red and if you are on that floor, you will be teleported to a little tank, and you're CT Friends can watch you get stabbed by the Hercules Hooks.

I'll post this on the request section.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
12 Jul 2009, 02:31pm

DOESNT GET ONE!!!!!!!!

Trogdor
12 Jul 2009, 09:31pm
Karot and me

:rant: Forgetting somebody?

It was a fun map.