PDA

View Full Version : Leaving/Returning

bobsaget
26 Jun 2009, 02:28pm
(Yes i did read up on the Rules and stuff but I had a question about Leav of Absence)

Question: Can I still be on Forums and Chatbox (MAYBE Vent) if I have posted my "Leave of Absence"?

Drox
26 Jun 2009, 09:49pm
Is this a real question? lol

Leave/Absence forum is more of a just letting people know you might not be around for something, it isnt a "I posted this so now I cant do anything that has to do with yall anymore". So its more of a just letting people know kind of thing, really you dont even need to post there if you really dont want to.

Haggard
26 Jun 2009, 10:04pm
What would be the reason to post a leave of absence unless you are actually taking a break or being on vacation. If you are going to be active then don't post.

Toxin
26 Jun 2009, 10:11pm
I smells attention-seeking.

Anyways, you are not obliterated to do anything, even if your post says otherwise.

Welcome back.

Caution
26 Jun 2009, 11:14pm
I smells attention-seeking.

Anyways, you are not obligated to do anything, even if your post says otherwise.

Welcome back.

Fixed

Huwajux
27 Jun 2009, 05:13am
Question: Can I still be on Forums and Chatbox (MAYBE Vent) if I have posted my "Leave of Absence"?
No? That's contradictory. If you are taking a leave of absence then you wouldn't be around at all. What's the point? Besides seeking attention...

Scree :O
27 Jun 2009, 05:28am
ob·lit·er·ate / əˈblitəˌrāt/ • v. [tr.] destroy utterly; wipe out: fig. the memory was so painful that he obliterated it from his mind. ∎ cause to become invisible or indistinct; blot out: clouds were darkening, obliterating the sun.

Awesome.

bobsaget
27 Jun 2009, 01:38pm
You guys are right, but my Leave of absences is from CSS and Ventrilo, but i still wanted to know if you guys would be mad if i came on forums once or twice a month just to check up on people and stuff since i am going to be busy driving and hanging out with my brother.

Toxin im not looking for attention, but thank you for your thought on the matter...

also sorry if i sounded stupid by asking a simple question but i thought the community of SG would be more mature then just saying "Stupid post" blah blah. I dont care if you say "Stupid Post" but i think that is attention seeking and even if you do think it is a stupid/simple question then please awnser it instead of antagonising me.

-Bob Saget

Huwajux
27 Jun 2009, 01:50pm
also sorry if i sounded stupid by asking a simple question but i thought the community of SG would be more mature then just saying "Stupid post" blah blah. I dont care if you say "Stupid Post" but i think that is attention seeking and even if you do think it is a stupid/simple question then please awnser it instead of antagonising me.
Since the Leaving/Returning section of the forum came, there has been a bombardment of people making threads saying:

"I'm leaving forever! But I'll still be on the forums, just not in-game..."

It's natural that the rest of the community is going to look on anything to do with leaving threads with cynicism because of this.

bobsaget
27 Jun 2009, 02:06pm
Since the Leaving/Returning section of the forum came, there has been a bombardment of people making threads saying:

"I'm leaving forever! But I'll still be on the forums, just not in-game..."

It's natural that the rest of the community is going to look on anything to do with leaving threads with cynicism because of this.

This is true, but i am just taking a Leave of Absence for a month or 2

I might be on Forums once or twice a month, and i just wanted to know if anyone had a problem with it... i didnt want it to turn into this.

Well w/e im off so peasoup you guys can go back to doing nothing or w/e it is you guys do

Toxin
27 Jun 2009, 02:49pm
WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE MAD.
But you are probably getting banned for at least a month. Thats what the rules state.

bobsaget
28 Jun 2009, 07:54pm
WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE MAD.
But you are probably getting banned for at least a month. Thats what the rules state.

Well the rules are not that clear, they do not state in which form you have to be absent in, I am taking a Leave of Absence from Game and Vent not Forums, and this brings me back to my question.... "Can I take a leave of Absence and still be on Forums?" This question was never answered and yet you were an asshole and just said 'Stupid Question' without answering the Question. I do not believe it is such a stupid question because I am just trying to get a simple Answer "Yes" or "no" so please stop being an asshole and either say Yes or No that i can not be on Forums when taking a Leave of Absence from Game and Vent.

If you ban me then i do not believe you have a reason to ban me because NO ONE has answered my question and yet they still go on to post about pointless stuff instead of simply saying "Yes you can still be on Forums" or "No you can not now please get off before we have to ban you for a month" If that was the only post (In which it should have been) then i would have gladly left, or if it was Yes then i would still be on here. Now please back off with being a dumbass and just awnser the question!

Huwajux
30 Jun 2009, 10:43am
Well the rules are not that clear, they do not state in which form you have to be absent in, I am taking a Leave of Absence from Game and Vent not Forums, and this brings me back to my question.... "Can I take a leave of Absence and still be on Forums?" This question was never answered and yet you were an asshole and just said 'Stupid Question' without answering the Question. I do not believe it is such a stupid question because I am just trying to get a simple Answer "Yes" or "no" so please stop being an asshole and either say Yes or No that i can not be on Forums when taking a Leave of Absence from Game and Vent.

If you ban me then i do not believe you have a reason to ban me because NO ONE has answered my question and yet they still go on to post about pointless stuff instead of simply saying "Yes you can still be on Forums" or "No you can not now please get off before we have to ban you for a month" If that was the only post (In which it should have been) then i would have gladly left, or if it was Yes then i would still be on here. Now please back off with being a dumbass and just awnser the question!
When posting a "Leaving" thread (one in which you are leaving for an indefinite amount of time) you must follow through with it. Once you have posted the thread there is no turning back whatsoever. If you change your mind you will be banned for a full month in order for you to keep your word!

When posting a "Leave of Absence" post (one in which you are leaving for a finite amount of time), you must be going away for at least 2 weeks. Anything shorter than this is not allowed, as Haggard said in the sticky:

Don't worry we will not have forgotten you in a week.

Sorry for the previous posts with the pissy attitudes, this section has caused nothing but e-drama for the community and is only now beginning to stabalise thanks to the new rules set in place.

SpikedRocker
30 Jun 2009, 12:18pm
Section is dead now.

bobsaget
2 Jul 2009, 09:46pm
Okay, thank you for clearifacation. kinda....

sorry if this caused "E-Drama" i just wanted a simple question awnsered but w/e well cya people when i return to California.