PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

Ultramarine
26 Jun 2009, 03:56am
Yes, i know, it's pretty old by now, but i just beat the game and decided to write a review here...

Well, for starters, This is a great game, excellent story to it, good characters, and some of the best Graphics i've seen using the UE3... While this game is great, it is definitly not KoTOR great... I personally found Kotor 1 and 2 to be by far better then mass effect...

I hope that after Mass Effect 2 (which im buying day one), BioWare will finally show some love for kotor and make Kotor 3 (Yes yes, i know about their MMO game, dont care for it unless they show something really interesting... and even then, wouldnt care for it cause i have to pay for college for the next 4 years, so pay to play mmos = not happening).

Now then, Mass Effect is a great game, very fun, although i doubt im going to play through this game again, atleast not for awhile, probably wont touch it again until Mass Effect 2 is close to release so i can refresh my memory. my main critisms for this game is that, with Kotor, you had a HUGE selection of equipment, armor, weapons, attachments and what not that you could buy or scavange, yet Mass Effect, all you have is 4 weapons, and then ability to buy upgraded versions or different versions of the said weapons or armor, and only difference being is that they have different colors. thats all. Pretty let down about that, cause for Kotor, finding items, trying out all different types of weapons, really made that game fun and gave it lots of replay value.

Another complaint is that for the most part, planets are pretty bare, with only a few exceptions (that planet that had Sarens secret facility was beautiful thou), hopefully with ME2, they'll have more planets, or atleast ive you the ability to continue playing after you beat the game and release DLC packs that add more gear and planets to explore or something.

My advice to all who have a 360 or PC, get ths game, for it is one of the better RPG's i've played this generation. and for you PC owners, you dont need a high end PC, my laptop can run ME fine with highest settings.

My Rating: 9/10

Eskomo
26 Jun 2009, 06:39am
I beat this game on the 360, it was a lot of fun, can't wait for Mass Effect 2 ^^

PuMa
26 Jun 2009, 12:14pm
ohh i love mass effect,
i got in on ps3
i'm just waiting for the 2'er

TheTruth
26 Jun 2009, 06:11pm
I got to the last boss on 360 then gave up :P

Bad Dog
26 Jun 2009, 08:21pm
I got to the last boss on 360 then gave up :P

BURN IN HELL DAMN YOU!! That boss is easy :P

TheTruth
26 Jun 2009, 08:49pm
BURN IN HELL DAMN YOU!! That boss is easy :P

I think I quit because I wanted to get another game and it was taking to long to kill and then something stupid happened so I was just said screw it and traded it in :toung:

Silverman
29 Jun 2009, 08:03pm
I like the storyline and choices of Mass Effect, but 3rd person shooting is best done in the world of GTA... and Bethesda couldn't end a game correctly if a gun was pointed at their collective head.

Ultramarine
29 Jun 2009, 08:08pm
I like the storyline and choices of Mass Effect, but 3rd person shooting is best done in the world of GTA... and Bethesda couldn't end a game correctly if a gun was pointed at their collective head.

Bethesda didnt make mass effect....:shocked:

Simmons1114
15 Aug 2009, 07:42pm
BioWare will finally show some love for kotor and make Kotor 3
they are making kotor 3 its gonna be a mmorpg like wow. yeah i played mass effect it was pretty cool.

ps. fox tottaly exagerated the sex scene it wasnt that bad

panda6
16 Aug 2009, 01:52am
not my typeof game.. =/ and it seems alot like halo.