PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] mg_pauls_allinone

Paul
24 Jun 2009, 02:08pm
I think its about time to launch source sdk again and start some mapping!!

The map is basically going to be on of those all in one maps, hence the name and include various maps that one person gets to choose each round.

Im wanting this map to be pretty original and trying not to duplicate/ repeat most of the others maps from the other all in one maps out there.

So if you would like to have your very own map idea actually processed and put into my map then please suggest your idea with enough detail and description.

Mini Maps Allready Being Produced:
- Mini Smash
- Rotating Floor Hole's (7 stairs in a building)
- Dodgems
- BIG ASS Piratewars.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Thanks!

Daze
24 Jun 2009, 02:12pm
Is this going to be like velocity_allinone where it's every type of CS:S mod or just MG maps?

Paul
24 Jun 2009, 02:33pm
Is this going to be like velocity_allinone where it's every type of CS:S mod or just MG maps?

Im going to say both, I want to have around 10-15 buttons, so if I say just only mg then it maybe too hard to think of 15 of them.

Anything really, as long as there not too normal CS:S style.

Olli3
25 Jun 2009, 11:56am
There should be like a surf or a slide race mini level or something like that. Just don't make it like Velocitys surf map.

Vivian556
25 Jun 2009, 12:52pm
There should be like a surf or a slide race mini level or something like that. Just don't make it like Velocitys surf map.

Yeah what he said ^

Stevee
30 Jun 2009, 03:00pm
I Really Like the Cannons One in Hellz Multigame.
Maybe you could get something like that.
Also, one , a room with low gravity,ppl jumping round,knife fighting , With the words "Suggested by Headshot" written in the room!

PingPong
1 Jul 2009, 01:22am
if possible could you make bumper cars paul? i cant wait for this

Paul
1 Jul 2009, 01:24am
if possible could you make bumper cars paul? i cant wait for this

But how would a team win?

What weapons?

(von dutch) delta force 8
1 Jul 2009, 06:16am
sumthing like dodge ball?

Jaffa
1 Jul 2009, 06:18am

What weapons?

Maybe have a certain amount of dmg each car can take before breaking, then the players have to avoid being run over

Paul
1 Jul 2009, 06:22am
Maybe have a certain amount of dmg each car can take before breaking, then the players have to avoid being run over

I Like (in a borat voice)

Gumpy
1 Jul 2009, 06:22am
Have a small version of pirate wars, and make the big ships that you spawn on steerable. Also, mention me somewhere in the map if you want it to be a big success.

Lefty
1 Jul 2009, 10:06am
Something with ice skating would be fun

PingPong
1 Jul 2009, 01:20pm

What weapons?

Maybe everyone is in cars and its sort of like a circle path and there could be zones near the side where if you got bumped into you would die or what jaffa said. Lots of diffrent ways to do it

Trogdor
1 Jul 2009, 03:30pm

Why? Velocitys surf map is awesome, it's a lot of fun imo.

Anyways, good luck with it Paul. I'm sure it will turn out amazing.

Suzaku
1 Jul 2009, 03:48pm
Why? Velocitys surf map is awesome, it's a lot of fun imo.

Anyways, good luck with it Paul. I'm sure it will turn out amazing.

Nobody can beat the Velocity's surf map on the server..

Paul
1 Jul 2009, 04:08pm

Ive beaten it multiple times.

Trogdor
1 Jul 2009, 04:09pm

That's probably cause you guys don't surf and I didn't think of that. I'd make it semi-easy cause people on MG might not even know the basics of surfing.

Jaffa
1 Jul 2009, 04:35pm
If you do do surf, maybe have a different difficulty surfs within the surf section, so everyone gets a chance to enjoy it

Paul
1 Jul 2009, 04:38pm
If you do do surf, maybe have a different difficulty surfs within the surf section, so everyone gets a chance to enjoy it

When I do one, there will be three sections.

- Noob
- Pro
- Master

Each one you complete you get the gun for that map and go to different levels of the jail.

If you fall you drop straight into the jail after 5 attempts. (make some kind of counters if possible)

Something along those lines, so it accomodates for even the noobiest surfers.

Tyler
2 Jul 2009, 10:44am
You should add a obstacle course or one of those levels like the jail in surf_delusions that pushes you up and you have to make it through the holes in the floor or you get smashed.

cakeshark
2 Jul 2009, 11:34am
random idea: a fall map. each team starts on its own platform, as high up as possible (make the platforms break at 15 sec for afks and laggards). as far below as possible, make tiny little pools of water, varying in size, each with a weapon in it (the weapons value will correspond to how small the pool is). the object is to land in a pool, and kill the other team. maybe if you dont land in a pool you tele to top again? maybe not dunno, just an idea. i guess this would rely on you not being able to buy weapons at spawn though lol.

Dark Synth
2 Jul 2009, 07:42pm
I always wanted a crane operating minigame. Like those little machines you see at the entryway to walmart :P

but instead of little stuffed toys, why not change it to guns for a deathmatch mg, or a weird map selection tool?

cakeshark
2 Jul 2009, 08:47pm
maybe something like a ladder race obstacle course? like, the walls are the only part you can traverse. with random obstacles sticking out of wall or maybe a vertical maze of sorts. whoever gets to top first presses a button and kills other team. possibly include a few ladder to ladder/surface to surface jumps.

Suzaku
3 Jul 2009, 10:20am
Hmmm... how about a scavenger hunt? Each weapon is connected to an item and when you get an item you get a weapon.

Jaffa
6 Jul 2009, 05:20am
a Mario vs Donkey Kong-based race? Where you climb ladders, go through pipes and jump over rolling barrels

Game Freak
6 Jul 2009, 12:25pm
I saw 2 ideas ppl had: Crane and fall

crane : iots like a hl2 MG

fall: i loved this on tactical ops (my first shootergame) and il explain

ppl slide (its kinda surf slide) down and then start falling (the slide is for speed)

then you have to make all these platforms and when ppl fall on them they are dead

i can't explain all here but pm me if ye want more info

ZaN1993
13 Jul 2009, 09:40am
i was thinking of like each team start at start of a long /middle size map/level and they need to avoid getting crushed by objects falling from skies

Neji
18 Jul 2009, 07:38pm
I really want play disco(like the one on mg_hellz_multigame)/jump rope on this map.

XeNo
19 Jul 2009, 06:42pm
A ROOM WITH A LARGE KILLER BALL AND THEY ALL HAVE PARA'S AND CAN'T HURT EACH OTHER EXCEPT WITH THE BALL, YEAH.

tucker
19 Jul 2009, 09:32pm
just a idea what if u had like a race map, and a obstical or a map kinda like tetris cept longer and water/whatever ur using doesnt rise so fast for the nubs

b0red
19 Jul 2009, 10:42pm
make a part of the map a fall part where you have both teams on each side of the map than they get guns and fall downward and are teleported to the top of the map again and again its just falling and shooting, just a thought.

building of what tucker said about tetris, you could have stuff fall and fall and people have to climb it while more stuff falls and they get to the top and a kill T button and kill CT button.

Cookie
21 Jul 2009, 09:50am
just a idea what if u had like a race map, and a obstical or a map kinda like tetris cept longer and water/whatever ur using doesnt rise so fast for the nubs

I think the water on that map is fine...
Anyways I would love to see some boats like on hellz minigames, but that's just me.

Thanks Paul for your work!