PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warefare 2

1Life
23 Jun 2009, 04:46pm
Hey im just making a post. I didn't have any of the call of duty's for my PC but i want modern warefare 2 for it. Thing is I do not know if my PC will be good enough. Anyone wanna tell me if it will be. I run css at about 150-200 fps constant.

Manufacturer:
HP-Pavilion
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:
3070MB RAM
Hard Drive:
640 GB Total
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Monitor:
Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:
Speakers (Creative USB Headset)
Speakers/Headphones:
Fatal1ty Headset
Keyboard:
Logitech G15
Mouse:
Razor Lachesis
Mouse Surface:
Pad
Operating System:
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.090302-1506)

I can't find the system requirements and if you can please send links. I hope i can run it because I do not feel like upgraded my PC.:) I heard modern warefare 2 competitive wise is gonna be unbelievably popular on PC. I love clan wars and consoles don't bring that kind of hype.

Ultramarine
23 Jun 2009, 04:51pm
you should be fine

Crimson
23 Jun 2009, 04:52pm
Theirs no system requirements because the game isn't done yet. They will release them closer to the release day.

Metal
23 Jun 2009, 05:06pm
if you can play cod4 you can play mw2

andre1028
23 Jun 2009, 05:11pm
yeah, basically the same engine

Metal
23 Jun 2009, 05:54pm
yeah, basically the same engine

think of this for world at war it is less for more
Mw2 is the same engine and same gameplay
But new game modes

1Life
23 Jun 2009, 07:31pm
I ran world at war crystal clear. So does this mean that I'm fine?

Kamakazii101
23 Jun 2009, 09:18pm
Hey im just making a post. I didn't have any of the call of duty's for my PC but i want modern warefare 2 for it. Thing is I do not know if my PC will be good enough. Anyone wanna tell me if it will be. I run css at about 150-200 fps constant.

Manufacturer:
HP-Pavilion
Processor:
Memory:
3070MB RAM
Hard Drive:
640 GB Total
Video Card:
Monitor:
Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:
Speakers/Headphones:
Fatal1ty Headset
Keyboard:
Logitech G15
Mouse:
Razor Lachesis
Mouse Surface:
Pad
Operating System:

I can't find the system requirements and if you can please send links. I hope i can run it because I do not feel like upgraded my PC.:) I heard modern warefare 2 competitive wise is gonna be unbelievably popular on PC. I love clan wars and consoles don't bring that kind of hype.

Jeez you could fly to the MOON with that O.o

matt 187
23 Jun 2009, 09:40pm
get a xbox

Ultramarine
23 Jun 2009, 10:43pm
get a xbox

rather get a 200 dollar graphics card that will let me enjoy modern warfare 2 at high settings with lots of AA with free online.

PingPong
24 Jun 2009, 01:28am
get a xbox

rather get a 200 dollar graphics card that will let me enjoy modern warfare 2 at high settings with lots of AA with free online.

Pwnt

1Life
24 Jun 2009, 05:08am
Yeah i bought my graphics card in December it was 250 dollars. Oh and I have all 3 systems. The fact i want the maximum competitiveness such as clans and clan wars consoles really don't bring that..You hear of PC tournaments there aint many on consoles.

Akaru
24 Jun 2009, 09:56am

QTF. I don't see why people think XBox and PS3 is better than a computer. In the long run, a computer will save you money if you play online a lot. You also get better graphics from a computer. You can't enable AA and AF on an XBox or PS3.

Italian Jew
24 Jun 2009, 10:26am
QTF. I don't see why people think XBox and PS3 is better than a computer. In the long run, a computer will save you money if you play online a lot. You also get better graphics from a computer. You can't enable AA and AF on an XBox or PS3.

Console are better for larger groups of people. Just connect your console to a large screen HDTV, you will have yourself a great time with other people playing alongside you. Its still fun without other people, but the PC doesn't come close if you want some real human interaction with your game. Having a bunch of guys crowd around your monitor is kinda gay. Personal space shouldn't be violated when you are blowing something up. Online multiplayer for both consoles and PC are basically the same nowadays.

Its not all about the graphics for the lonely people. You can upgrade your PC all you want, but for people who don't really need or want their PC to run high end games, consoles will work just as well. You won't need to upgrade your console unless you want a better generation of it, but you won't get the greatest, most fantasminamonal :blah: graphics out there for the month. Console graphics aren't too dissimilar, but they aren't the best. If you are a graphics snob, then drop a few hundred on another graphics card.

Graphics: PC>Console
Gaming Experience: Console>PC

Tyler
24 Jun 2009, 11:04am
Like everyone else said you can handle it when it comes out most likely.

and

its not free online your still paying for the internet or your parents are so its not really free. Xbox live is about $50 a year its not bad at all anyways =\

Akaru
24 Jun 2009, 11:25am
Like everyone else said you can handle it when it comes out most likely.

and

its not free online your still paying for the internet or your parents are so its not really free. Xbox live is about $50 a year its not bad at all anyways =\

50 dollars plus the internet fee. Regardless of what you do, if you play online, you still have to play for the internet fee. So, yea, don't think that just because you are paying for XBox Live that you get free internet.

Console are better for larger groups of people. Just connect your console to a large screen HDTV, you will have yourself a great time with other people playing alongside you. Its still fun without other people, but the PC doesn't come close if you want some real human interaction with your game. Having a bunch of guys crowd around your monitor is kinda gay. Personal space shouldn't be violated when you are blowing something up. Online multiplayer for both consoles and PC are basically the same nowadays.

Its not all about the graphics for the lonely people. You can upgrade your PC all you want, but for people who don't really need or want their PC to run high end games, consoles will work just as well. You won't need to upgrade your console unless you want a better generation of it, but you won't get the greatest, most fantasminamonal :blah: graphics out there for the month. Console graphics aren't too dissimilar, but they aren't the best. If you are a graphics snob, then drop a few hundred on another graphics card.

Graphics: PC>Console
Gaming Experience: Console>PC

What you said makes a lot of sense. I never thought about it that way. I'm a graphics whore. I won't play a game unless it's maxed out on everything.

Scree :O
24 Jun 2009, 11:27am
Jeez you could fly to the MOON with that O.o

Actually, the first flight to space was designed and executed on computers far inferior to an average PC of today. Same goes for the moon.

Slovenec
24 Jun 2009, 12:01pm
I like how CoD MW 2 thread turned into fight between consoles and PC..

PuMa
24 Jun 2009, 12:55pm
it should work???

1Life
24 Jun 2009, 04:13pm
It always happens..people never stay on topic.

Metal
24 Jun 2009, 04:25pm
get a xbox

I would rather get it for pc, for xbox its the same thing over and over.....
For pc we get mods. but if 360 is your thing than.....:boxing:

matt 187
24 Jun 2009, 04:29pm
I would rather get it for pc, for xbox its the same thing over and over.....
For pc we get mods. but if 360 is your thing than.....:boxing:

mods as in cheats

andre1028
24 Jun 2009, 07:08pm
Who cares what platform you get it on seriously. On the console's you have assholes who play with you. On the PC you have Intelligent assholes who play with you..... and try to get your credit card number.

Ultramarine
24 Jun 2009, 07:34pm
Yeah i bought my graphics card in December it was 250 dollars. Oh and I have all 3 systems. The fact i want the maximum competitiveness such as clans and clan wars consoles really don't bring that..You hear of PC tournaments there aint many on consoles.

Try out Killzone 2, it has ingame tournament system where over 256 clans can compete in a single tournament, and winning clan gets towns of Valor points (clan currency used for bragging rights, leader board standings and betting on clan matches)

Metal
24 Jun 2009, 09:14pm
mods as in cheats
mods are not cheats... they take time and skill.
try making a cod4 map.

Hacks dont work well with cod4 so in other words its all the same to me

Akaru
24 Jun 2009, 11:55pm
Who cares what platform you get it on seriously. On the console's you have assholes who play with you. On the PC you have Intelligent assholes who play with you..... and try to get your credit card number.

Haha. Rofled.

Creeping Death
30 Jun 2009, 10:30am
i cant wait for it ill buy it for ps3

Slash/
30 Jun 2009, 11:15am
When it comes to sys. requirements you should probably expect them to be a notch above CoD WaW. Same engine, so don't expect much better graphics.

Lordcrazy
2 Jul 2009, 02:15pm
You should be fine i have the 8800 gt and i ran Crysis smoothly on high so you should be more than fine plus im getting the 260 gtx sometime this summer!

Undercover
2 Jul 2009, 11:45pm
hopefully my computer can run that :/

MtrxMn
3 Jul 2009, 12:25pm
I need a new computer soooo bad

Boobcake
11 Jul 2009, 11:41am
Sounds fine.

LegalSmash
11 Jul 2009, 02:44pm
I agree with IJ here on most points. I have a PS3 and a pretty high end PC, I cannot really say that I enjoy either MORE than the other, but when it comes to MP shooter games, I totally love my PS3 more, because my cousins and I can play together. I really don't care for the overly competitive shitheads online, or waiting for server X or Y because the rest are fail. The PS3 COC WAW servers are surprisingly stable, and there is an almighty mute button for any one not blood related to me, or in our game by permission.

I play PC mostly for RTS and 4x style games, both of which do not match well with console HOWEVER< given the new console's ability to sync keyboard and mouse into them, and the responsiveness of the new machines, it may be a good option in the future... the console world has come a long way since PSX or the SNES version of sim city. Sadly, however, RTS games keep getting less and less inventive or forward thinking, and i feel more like I'm playing the same games because they were the only ones done right, and the new gen games (DOW II, largely in part CC3) dropped the proverbial ball in performance, story, and game mechanics. On top of this, games that don't need a higher sysreq seem to require it anyway (empire total war, f/e), and it seems more like a collusive action between game dev and OEM to continue the sale of parts. When I bought my 256 MB card in Nov 2007, it did what i needed it to, play COH at full tilt, an Supcom at full tilt... MAYBE when SCII comes out, if its good I MIGHT upgrade, if the game looks like shit on a 256 MB card AND the newer cards are both cheaper and less power whoreish... but I won't hold my breath.

Donuts
13 Jul 2009, 09:59am
I couldnt run world at war so i doubt ill be able to run modern warfare 2 :censored:

Wrathek
28 Jul 2009, 02:15pm
ZBJcOy6iuUc

Looks awesome! Also, make sure to watch all the way to the end, the last like 3 seconds are priceless.

Movement
28 Jul 2009, 06:47pm
ZBJcOy6iuUc

Looks awesome! Also, make sure to watch all the way to the end, the last like 3 seconds are priceless.

Those last 3 seconds was hilarious NAD ICANT WAIT OMG 5 months

Alucard
28 Jul 2009, 06:52pm
His looks like the Shit its fucking awsome and the model for the Weapons is fucking awsome!!

Tyler
28 Jul 2009, 07:48pm
ZBJcOy6iuUc

wow... theres so many kill streak options to choose from now and the graphics look awesome

Gundude54
29 Jul 2009, 08:08pm
i suck at playind cod 4 in pc. im gonna go get it for the xbox360

Runski
29 Jul 2009, 10:33pm
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I feel like a twilight fan girl, who is just about to watch the twilight movie! OMG OMG OMG OMG.... I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ckw
30 Jul 2009, 04:52am

Manufacturer:
HP-Pavilion
Processor:
Memory:
3070MB RAM
Hard Drive:
640 GB Total
Video Card:
Monitor:
Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:
Speakers/Headphones:
Fatal1ty Headset
Keyboard:
Logitech G15
Mouse:
Razor Lachesis
Mouse Surface:
Pad
Operating System:

Looks fine!;P

Movement
30 Jul 2009, 07:05am
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I feel like a twilight fan girl, who is just about to watch the twilight movie! OMG OMG OMG OMG.... I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf? and u post here why?

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
30 Jul 2009, 10:13am

http://randazza.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

Obvious sarcasm is obvious. He's expressing excitment for the game whilst simultaneously

making a, give-or-take, "witty" observation on Twilight fans, most of which are young females. GAWSH.

Bad Dog
30 Jul 2009, 11:42am

http://360.kombo.com/images/content/news/blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

It takes a really dumb post for the bear to think its ridiculous. Hes a bear for gods sake.

Movement
30 Jul 2009, 04:37pm
yes i know im a failure

Mcbride
30 Jul 2009, 05:11pm
i cant wait to play this on my comp and the Twilight part is fail lawl...

JD0102
30 Jul 2009, 06:11pm
um looks like your computer is epicly good so no worries dude

Doctordan
30 Jul 2009, 06:56pm
cant wait

b0red
30 Jul 2009, 06:58pm
your good to go, i'm thinking about picking up a 9800 looks like a promising card

DrZomby
30 Jul 2009, 07:08pm
i jizzed in my pants.....although i saw the vid.....i just want the game NOWWWWWWWWWWWWw

Runski
31 Jul 2009, 12:14am

I post here because this is a forum, where you can post your opinion, and when I saw that AC-130 Video, It fueled me to go to youtube to look for more, sadly I was confronted by Immitators.

Strife
2 Aug 2009, 03:37am
Runski that video looks awesome the amount of killstreak options and the graphics <3

I cant wait